test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Network Oddities 6/23 @6am

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
Hello folks,

Now that the forums are fully live, I can announce this: We're going to be having a network maintenance tomorrow (Tuesday). Unlike most network maintenances, we're not going actually close the server during it. This is because the specific type of change we're making doesn't require it, but there will likely be some oddness during it. You may occasionally have issues logging in, or SNRs. We don't think there will be enough problems to justify bringing the server down entirely.

That said, STO has decided to have a full closure during that period, and NW is closing up so they can do a mini-patch. If the network maintenance has special issues, we may decide on the fly that we actually do need to close up. There aren't any plans for that, but as a general statement, be prepared for some oddness during this.

Timeline: 6am - 9am PDT, Tuesday 6/22

We're also going to be having network maintenance on Thursday, before the regular maintenance. As such, it'll take longer. We'll post more on Wednesday.

Comments

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    occasional login and snr's. so, how is this unusual?
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    chaelk has a good point there.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    > @chaelk said:
    > occasional login and snr's. so, how is this unusual?

We got warned this time ;p
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    We got warned this time ;p
    Quoted for truth
  • Options
    I realise that maintenance is being carried out atm. I just wanted to check if not being able to open the launcher is normal right now.

If so then fine. If not then I thought I should flag this up.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This is Thursday June 25th and the Cryptic Launcher doesn't seem to be working.

Edit: the message I'm getting is "Unable to establish connection to Parch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical Support."

Obviously the problem is not my internet connection.
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    guyhumual wrote: »
    This is Thursday June 25th and the Cryptic Launcher doesn't seem to be working.

This
    Psi.
  • Options
    mrinfinitummrinfinitum Posts: 59 Arc User
    Maintenance was listed as both taking longer AND not slated to finish until I believe 12 p.m. their time ( or 3 p.m. EST).
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Maintenance was listed as both taking longer AND not slated to finish until I believe 12 p.m. their time ( or 3 p.m. EST).
    And while there doesn't appear to be a mention here, in the STO forums LaughingTrendy says they've hit a network snag, and probably won't be online until 2pm PST.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    kajkrkajkr Posts: 37 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    And while there doesn't appear to be a mention here, in the STO forums LaughingTrendy says they've hit a network snag, and probably won't be online until 2pm PST.

Arc launcher states that on the top. Scheduled maintenance for some games has been extended until 2:00 PM PDT.
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    It would be nice to get some feedback either way. I see TT said he'd post more on Wednesday but as far as I know he hasn't, and he hasn't updated us on today's status. Is he out sick? He's usually on top of the ball with these things.
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    thanks for update guys
    Psi.
  • Options
    Yes THANK YOUs to those finding and sharing such info with us out here in the interwebs starved for our info on "WTF is HaPpEnInG!!?!?!??!" B)
  • Options
    gonetergoneter Posts: 2
    help me
    treing to update the launcher. please be patient.
    tried connecting 5 times.

unable to establish connection to patch server. please check your internet connection. if plobems persist, please contact technical support.
  • Options
    goneter wrote: »
    help me

unable to establish connection to patch server. please check your internet connection. if plobems persist, please contact technical support.
    Last I heard, they weren't expecting to be online for another fifteen minutes as I type this. Hoping they're just following Scott's Dictum ("Always inflate your expected repair times. How else are you going to get a reputation as a miracle worker?"), but...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    jonsills wrote: »
    help me

Last I heard, they weren't expecting to be online for another fifteen minutes as I type this. Hoping they're just following Scott's Dictum ("Always inflate your expected repair times. How else are you going to get a reputation as a miracle worker?"), but...

One can dream, but they are already almost 2 hours past their initially stated time.
  • Options
    This just in - Scheduled maintenance for some games has been extended until 3:00 PM PDT.
  • Options
    rslvfzgrslvfzg Posts: 49 Arc User
    kajkr wrote: »
    This just in - Scheduled maintenance for some games has been extended until 3:00 PM PDT.
    ANOTHER hour? What the f...? Must be some major problems ... or they're teasing us.

Regloh@rslvfzg - PARAGON DAWN
    - Dawn Radio -
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    same here. Friday morning for me. and yesterday morning when I logged on, Server status was RED but let me log on
    this is not a good list
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
    (c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 44 ms 98 ms 98 ms BigPond.BigPond [10.0.0.138]
    2 24 ms 24 ms 24 ms 172.18.113.39
    3 24 ms 24 ms 24 ms 172.18.73.30
    4 24 ms 26 ms 25 ms bundle-ether4.pie-edge902.perth.telstra.net [203
    .50.112.52]
    5 27 ms 25 ms 26 ms bundle-ether7.pie-core1.perth.telstra.net [203.5
    0.6.188]
    6 56 ms 58 ms 58 ms bundle-ether6.way-core4.adelaide.telstra.net [20
    3.50.11.16]
    7 71 ms 70 ms 70 ms bundle-ether9.exi-core10.melbourne.telstra.net [
    203.50.11.93]
    8 86 ms 84 ms 84 ms bundle-ether12.chw-core10.sydney.telstra.net [20
    3.50.11.124]
    9 83 ms 81 ms 82 ms Bundle-ether17.oxf-gw2.sydney.telstra.net [203.5
    0.13.70]
    10 85 ms 81 ms 82 ms bundle-ether1.sydo-core01.sydney.reach.com [203.
    50.13.38]
    11 81 ms 81 ms 81 ms i-0-2-0-6.sydo-core02.bi.telstraglobal.net [202.
    84.223.46]
    12 225 ms 226 ms 225 ms i-0-2-0-0.1wlt-core01.bx.telstraglobal.net [202.
    84.141.146]
    13 226 ms 225 ms 225 ms i-0-4-0-2.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net [202.40.14
    9.242]
    14 224 ms 235 ms 226 ms los-brdr-01.inet.qwest.net [63.235.40.45]
    15 * * * Request timed out.
    16 294 ms 294 ms 292 ms 65.120.117.250
    17 293 ms 311 ms 311 ms border11.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.4
    1]
    18 292 ms 292 ms 292 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.
    61.78]
    19 293 ms 293 ms 293 ms 198.49.243.250
    20 293 ms 292 ms 294 ms 198.49.243.253
    21 * * * Request timed out.
    22 292 ms 292 ms 291 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.

and by the look of it, we are no longer going through Cogent but through several other people.
    yesterday the patchserver was called patchserverrebirth
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    Sadly, I fear their network stability, and am often thankful for anyupdates from TrailTurtle, and the stability of CO when it is stable. For me usually all is good, but CO's strange issues as of late;
    1) with the intermittent 1 second lag (had this about 4 or 5 times in last month and the 1 sec overall lag loading into maps, between click a button and the interface responding, and so on and persist throughout gameplay for a few hours). Relogging didn't help and...
    2) The strange effect of alerts getting "stuck" not rotating and requiring a full 5 person team be formed to repeatedly queue to force proper "Poppage" of said alert and then do so successfully, along with going in and through the alert, 6 or so times to force rotation to start again?
    Will make me ecstatic if they bolster/rebuild/ improve-upon the network in a substantial way. :#
  • Options
    News - Arc platform now states "Cryptic games are currently having a prolonged maintenance. Please check the forums for updates.

Also, the "Play" button has disappeared from the left bar in the "Arc Games" section.
  • Options
    rslvfzgrslvfzg Posts: 49 Arc User
    Ref STO forum, it's 5 pm PT now ... 2 more hours.
    Regloh@rslvfzg - PARAGON DAWN
    - Dawn Radio -
  • Options
    According to the CO launcher maintenance is until 4pm now
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Yup Launcher at least loads now...with said stated time of 4 p.m. pacific time (7 p.m. EST) =/
    Update: Loaded and patched...server wasn't out of "maintenance" yet.
  • Options
    gonetergoneter Posts: 2
    the game takes a long time to upgrade?
    I have to close the game, but if I close the game, I will have to wait updating the beginning, is there anything I can do to continue from where he was to upgrade?
    sorry my English
  • Options
    the game takes a long time to upgrade?
    I have to close the game, but if I close the game, I will have to wait updating the beginning, is there anything I can do to continue from where he was to upgrade?
    sorry my English
    Usually, if you have to close out before the update finishes, when you restart it'll look like it's starting again from zero - but in fact it'll move pretty quickly up until you reach the point you were at before, because that's when it actually starts updating your computer again.

At least, that's been my experience.