"Hall of Shame" Thread

ghoststrife0
ghoststrife0 Posts: 11 Arc User
edited July 2015 in General Discussion
when is that coming back? i'd like to know if the people i recorded were actually banned ty
side note: there really needs to be atleast 1 <bleep> active GM in epic eda within an hour i'v ran into atleast 6-8 people hacking/stacking
Post edited by lewstelamon01 on

Comments

• ohmi
    ohmi Posts: 79 Perfect World Employee
    I'm waiting for everything to be moved over before I start updating the Wall of Shame again. I am keeping track of names, though. If you see people hacking, please take video/screenshots and send in a ticket.
    GM Ohmi says: "Send us a ticket!"
    https://support.arcgames.com
    Ohmis Banhammer
  • ghoststrife0
    I'v sent in various videos with my tickets but i have not noticed a decrease in the stackers/hackers at all if anything there has been an increase even the people who notice these players just tell me to leave them be this is how bad its gottin reg players themselves just allow them to be there
  • ohmi
    ohmi Posts: 79 Perfect World Employee
    Well, if you don't report them I can guarantee the problem will only get worse. If we get tickets, we can do something about them.
    GM Ohmi says: "Send us a ticket!"
    https://support.arcgames.com
    Ohmis Banhammer
  • ghoststrife0
    Tickets cant be the only solution to this with how it currently works it would only take said stackers a day or 2 to get back to where they were
  • lewstelamon01
    lewstelamon01 Posts: 15,946 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Nonetheless, it is the correct procedure. FYI: The Hall of Shame was for confirmed hackers only, not to make "hackusations". So, yes, you'd still have to submit a ticket and an investigation would have to be performed before those names were posted; it was a thread maintained and posted to by staff only.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • ghoststrife0
    I dont make "hackusations" i'v gottin plenty of video proving stacked weapon/armor procs even pics where players admit to stacking just because the opposite sides does it but i doubt that would even get a 2nd glance that still doesnt change the fact that something needs to change here either the community itself needs to get off their ass's and actually report more or a gm needs to get on and monitor some zones
  • daveyny
    daveyny Posts: 4,787 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    WOW... things sure are different here...
    Back on the STO forums, one couldn't even talk about Moderation...
    Never Mind listing who has actually been Moderated!
    :o
    STO Member since February 2009.
    Star Trek Fan since Sept. 8th, 1966.
    Still a STO Veteran Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • justawitness
    justawitness Posts: 84 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »

raiderz is a whole new experience
    I talk about moderation all the time and Lew just lets me do it because he loves me.

Face piles of trials with smiles.
  • kingmadoc
    kingmadoc Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    @ohmi. umm youre forgetting a quite vital fact about evidence collecting in the eda zone.

whoever developed it thought itd be brilliant that enemy players wont have visible Identities to their enemies.
    hackers do exploit this fact utterly and mercilessly. it is virtually impossible to detect if your own team is hacking. unless that user WANTS to be seen hacking.

with a lack of ability to prove WHO is hacking in eda. the rate of offenders and incidents will exponentially increase. regardless of the resistant efforts and submissions.

already ive seen many good and respectable players resort to hacking back just to keep an even playing field. without doing so. all efforts to participate in gameplay alongside hackers is about as productive as smashing fob watches.

if youre still reading. may i add my own experiences. even with a 24 slot server, with the best of the best state of the art cheat and anti-hacker defense, even with ddos protect and encrypted infoservers and untraceable IP's. 24/7 in game presence moderation is non negotiable. it is utterly compulsory. it is inarguably necessary. hackers still get through, software still gets exploited, players STILL get abused.
    Raiderz in game data even brags about its thorough moderation, and dares to threaten players to stay in line. this is just asking for chaos. how can you expect players to take game offenses seriously if the game cant follow through on the threats it makes.
    a community policed system is as foolish as making convicted criminals the neighbourhood watch.

nuff said

EDIT: proofchecked ten times as requested @ghostsrife0
    Post edited by kingmadoc on
  • lewstelamon01
    lewstelamon01 Posts: 15,946 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    daveyny wrote: »

They're still not allowed to discuss moderation, as per the PWE Community Rules and Policies. The Hall of Shame was an exception created by Trailturtle, though, to post confirmed hackers--the caveat being that such was confirmed and posted by staff only.

@ghoststrife0 : If it's not confirmed and posted by staff, it's a "hackusation" and must be vetted through support, regardless of the alleged proof or lack thereof. That you claim to have proof does not circumvent this requirement in any fashion; and thus, is not allowed to be posted.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • ghoststrife0
    edited July 2015
    Didnt realize i needed the staff to tell me if getting 1 shotted by a lower lvl in bad gear is hacking or not besides that i have not posted any names or vids due to the "name and shame" rule so idk why your telling me this me telling a gm that its getting worse and something more should be done in no way effects said "name and shame" rule either.
    also everything madoc said reread it about 10 times please
  • kingmadoc
    kingmadoc Posts: 13 Arc User
    like i was hinting at.

theres a load screen message between zones which says to the effect of,
    "server admins will take punitive actions agains abusive players"

what amuses me is how untrue this is as 70% of my time in RaiderZ is spent Quelling borderline illegal racial,religious, sexist, sexually oriented and homicidal slander.
    atleast 5 times a day. in crawler server alone.
    i can only emotionally comfort 2 people max whilst throwing whitty unbiaced unaggressive remarks to invalidate such abuse.

i think what im really trying to say. and what everyone needs. is what the game itself actually offers the players.
    it really isnt that much more than, browse the live IRC log or idle as a player.
  • granadita
    granadita Posts: 11 Arc User
    It would be much more easier to report players with solid proof if we were able to see the opponent's IGN while in PvP zone, as kingmadoc said. But I don't think PWE has the power to do that without MAIET's consent, I'm still waiting for the roulette animation to be taken off, but when they said they would contact MAIET about it but there was no further response.

Categories