What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Open Jacket Uniform

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    It was the asking us what we want and going on about how they're following what we want and then going their own way that got me ticked off. I didn't even vote for the pcgamer one in the poll. But if they're going to go that route, let's not poll us and let us think we had some say in the matter.

I still don't get it either. The Orion bikini is ok but the pcgamer cover isn't? How did that go in the meeting?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Shakkar wrote: »
    It was the asking us what we want and going on about how they're following what we want and then going their own way that got me ticked off. I didn't even vote for the pcgamer one in the poll. But if they're going to go that route, let's not poll us and let us think we had some say in the matter.

I still don't get it either. The Orion bikini is ok but the pcgamer cover isn't? How did that go in the meeting?

This topic is now and forever will be a personal Kobayashi Maru. and there is nothing wrong with the PCG besides that it's direct design is not that of Cryptic but a third parties art and thus both parties have to come to a mutually beneficial consensus
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    dstahl wrote: »
    The Open Jacket uniforms will most likely be sold as a "pack" and include options for both male and female. We've talked about at least 2 variants - the one Matt twittered and a version of the TNG Jacket similar to what Picard would sometimes wear.

What about the DS9 vest Sisko sometime wore and Picard wore in ST: First Contact?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    im not angry i wont get the open jacket that I voted for and want, simply put because I have not payed for anything yet. I am however really disappointed, but life moves on. If however we do get the option to adjust the zipper as we see fit (to a certain length) then I will buy it, if not I wont.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Iff only they lowered the zipper down a little more, as the way they have it doesn't seem like enough. It seems at the moment it has more of a v- neck then it being opened. Alright it looks pretty great but I am annoyed it's not a little lower like on the Blue Alien cover.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Shakkar wrote: »

Americans are just weird that way.....and I'll never understand it.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It's also very interesting that there haven't been very many (Any...?) POLLS since that one....

I don't think They got the results they were expecting either... ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Why was the jacket changed at all? Art limitations? Licensing? Prudery? You showed us one thing. Asked us if we wanted it . We said yes... and you give us something else?.? Why? Simple question.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    any chance we can get this open jacket also? its already in game you just have to fix it up so pc toons can use it. It might make me more willing to pick up the set. Still putting the one that I voted for would cement the deal it wouldn't even have to include this one.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/2320/npctop.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Cyllus wrote: »
    Why was the jacket changed at all? Art limitations? Licensing? Prudery? You showed us one thing. Asked us if we wanted it . We said yes... and you give us something else?.? Why? Simple question.

That's what I'm wondering also there are a lot of other costumes that are more revealing. As a concept the greeen paint slave girl (that you can give a normal skin tone) wearing nothing but a loin cloth and two bits of metal held together with string is a lot more racy.
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Cryptic: we'll play you this much to use your art to promote our game, PCG: Ok, but we retain all rights to the art outside of our limited contract with you. Cryptic: Oh, MagicKarp, we didn't expect this much user demand for a uniform like that shown in your art, We'd like to now use it as an In Game Item, PCG: New Contract to sign and oh, buy the way we want x about of the revenue from the sell of the costume pack...

Except that makes absolutely no sense. Cryptic doesn't pay PC gamer to put their game on the cover as a promotion. If PC gamer as a magazine were to sell its cover, it would lose all credibility as a game review source. PC gamer asks CBS (the copyright holder of all trek rights) if they can run some trek art on its cover as a way to draw people in to buying the magazine, not the other way around. And since the art was included in Cryptic packaging (doesn't matter if in US or outside of market) it is still sanctioned and or created by Cryptic/CBS.

I understand you aren't being difficult or even disagreeing with the general complaint some of us have about this. I appreciate that. But just making excuses for Cryptic in this matter doesn't help the situation.

If you don't actually care about giving the customers what they say they want - don't ask the customers to participate in a poll where they tell you what they want. Its that simple.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    any chance we can get this open jacket also? its already in game you just have to fix it up so pc toons can use it. It might make me more willing to pick up the set. Still putting the one that I voted for would cement the deal it wouldn't even have to include this one.

That's a nice jacket.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the [URL=" http://forums.startrekonline.com/announcement.php?f=70&a=2"]Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines[/URL] GMMeeko
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The Open Jacket uniforms will most likely be sold as a "pack" and include options for both male and female. We've talked about at least 2 variants - the one Matt twittered and a version of the TNG Jacket similar to what Picard would sometimes wear.

Can we get a costume along the lines of X-Box Girl?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    ThetaNine wrote:
    Can we get a costume along the lines of X-Box Girl?

I'm not entirely convinced that Federation has need for such cleavage.
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Yay for gender equality. =D
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Tsutsu wrote:
    I'm not entirely convinced that Federation has need for such cleavage.

dude there’s a war on the klinks got slave girl we took a stab at cat girls and look how that turned out we need all the help we can get.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    dude there’s a war on the klinks got slave girl we took a stab at cat girls and look how that turned out we need all the help we can get.

pffttt all we need is the pilot in the stelth bomber... victory will go to whoever has this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99jt1UCpDNU
  • Options
    edited January 2011

WANT

....................................................................................
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Post 500!

<
    I want it and can´t wait! :D
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    interesting jacket in that link :O
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Post 500!

<
    I want it and can´t wait! :D

I also want it and can’t wait but I'm afraid I may have to. Cryptic find it in your heart to let me give you more of my money.

ok so that doesnt make so much sense check out is avatar or in case its changed clicky link

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/843/startrekonlinedec2701jp.jpg

If said heart cannot be found, its probably in a box under a desk labeled unnecessary just look for the box with the most dust on it at least that were i keep mine.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    ThetaNine wrote:
    It's a racial thing. As in, it's ok for a black woman to be with a white man but if you spin it around everyone south of the mason dixon line want to break out the sheets and crosses.

Yeah, so it's ok for those brown and green skinned women to wear next to nothing, but NOT on a white woman! she must be kept unsoiled.

This might seem like a bunch of hoohaa to a lot of you but it's actually a very deep psychological phenomenon that exists with us in real life in the society of America. Good guys are supposed to wear white. If you want ta tas you got to be one of the bad guys.

There must be more to it than a racial thing.....if what you're saying is true,why was Janet Jackson's 'wardrobe malfunction' such a big deal?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    SHARKFORCE wrote: »
    There must be more to it than a racial thing.....if what you're saying is true,why was Janet Jackson's 'wardrobe malfunction' such a big deal?

Are you American?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    SHARKFORCE wrote: »

Americans tend to be more conservative than their counterparts in either Canada or Europe; it has to do with the history of extremist Protestantism that led to the eventual establishment of the United States.

If the Brits hadn't tried to make us pay outrageous taxes on stale tea we might not be in this situation today.

/Blame England for all of the world' problems, they caused most of them :)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    mhighison wrote: »
    Wow, long thread, no time to read it all. =)

But I'll try to touch on a few points...

-Open Jackets are being made for Females as well as Males.

-I saw the suggestion that we make some old TOS favorites, like the green Kirk wraparound tunic... we are on the case! And it looks pretty nice on women too.

-We are also figuring out if we can do a TNG styled open jacket, and that comes with the undershirt that many have requested.

Here's an image of the Security Guard at the new ESD Club 47, posted to my Twitter. She's sporting one of the new open jacket variants. And other player costume parts.

Cheers,

Matt

So like my dissappointment in you guys is even higher than back one I couldn't play Joined Trill Klingon side now. I was so looking forward to buying the PCgamer one. Though that may be slightly premature as you simply said it was one variant

This is then said:

Which leads me to think it'll be that and a Picard like thing, which sucks and means it's crusade time, and that I have to say you're doing a bad job, because considering you can guys managed to get pretty close to cleavage on the Orion outfits this is just poor stuff. I expected more of you guys. All is forgiven if there is a 3rd variant that is like PCgamer cover though.

Hey you've had ages to change, you can't pin this on us. Anyway we saved the civlised world(England, just England) from religious craziness, and all it cost us was one country being deathly afraid of female nipples.

Also you're currently more evil than we are now so there. But don't worry we're working on fixing that situation.

p.s it sounds like you mean to blame us English, so don't say Brits, say English.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    sigh I guess it is time to pull out the I hate things bandwagon and start it rolling down the hill for all of the people (my self included) who feel saddened by a utopian society where TRIBBLE are bad. Whos with me!

Also us Americans will never be as evil as you 'brits' our accent could never be as fiendish as yours.:p
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    sigh I guess it is time to pull out the I hate things bandwagon and start it rolling down the hill for all of the people (my self included) who feel saddened by a utopian society where TRIBBLE are bad. Whos with me!

I'm with ya! But I know what the reality is. It's not just a thing of being censored, to make the look like the cover they would have to create some new tech to allow for costume pieces to replace the base character model. The TRIBBLE are too far apart and it's just not worth the time to create said tech and modify the base model. It sucks, but that's most likely the deal and we'll be getting jackets that are just edited versions of what we have already. Why it's taken months is beyond me. And now adding the male jackets like Picard's will probably delay it more.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Americans tend to be more conservative than their counterparts in either Canada or Europe; it has to do with the history of extremist Protestantism that led to the eventual establishment of the United States.

If the Brits hadn't tried to make us pay outrageous taxes on stale tea we might not be in this situation today.

true we might of caused most of them... however there not our problem anymore. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Morbius1 wrote: »
    I'm with ya! But I know what the reality is. It's not just a thing of being censored, to make the look like the cover they would have to create some new tech to allow for costume pieces to replace the base character model. The TRIBBLE are too far apart and it's just not worth the time to create said tech and modify the base model. It sucks, but that's most likely the deal and we'll be getting jackets that are just edited versions of what we have already. Why it's taken months is beyond me. And now adding the male jackets like Picard's will probably delay it more.

The game doesn't need new tech to add cleavage... the tech is already ingame... did you know that the more revealing outfits like the formal wear, mirror enterprise top & the TOS mirror top all have different skin meshes (i know this as different parts of the skin parts are missing under the clothes).. to add cleavage all they have to do is model the uniform and cleavage and throw it in since the "tech" is already ingame and whenever you change a uniform part the game will swap the parts around including the skin since the skin is attached to the uniform mesh and not a "base model"...

As for my 2 cents about the open top pack, i will reserve judgement for the pack until its released if the uniforms look good (regardless of the bait and switch cryptic did) i might buy them....

As for cryptics bait and switch of "you want this ? here have this thing that looks nothing like it instead" meh.... what do you expect, it is cryptic after all.... Never take them for their word at face value....