test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Poll: Should the Caitian species be added to STO?

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    V-Mink wrote:

Nagus, I swear, you'd make a poll about anything. =) Are you sure you don't have controlling stock in that poll site you're making polls on? >.>

I kid, I'm a kidder.

Hmmmmmm.

Perhaps a poll about polls? Or what the next poll should be?

I am kidder too...
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I say they should not, until other really important races are added. Such as the spoonheads, the rommies... Caitans only got screentime in two movies for a combinesd time of less then 20 seconds, and an appearance in the TAS. They are of no importance to canon, whereas other races are that should be added first. That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    There have been numerous threads throughout the history of the STO forums regarding the Caitian species. Some people obviously want them, while others obviously dont. Just for fun, lets have an unofficial poll:

Should the Caitian species be added to STO?

After you vote, feel free to share your thoughts :D

I can't think of a reason why they shouldn't be really, they are a canon race that has people in Starfleet and there is a large following that wants them in, so why not? It's not like all this is over getting the Horta into the game as a playable race....
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    DeWitt_LSF wrote:
    I say they should not, until other really important races are added. Such as the spoonheads, the rommies... Caitans only got screentime in two movies for a combinesd time of less then 20 seconds, and an appearance in the TAS. They are of no importance to canon, whereas other races are that should be added first. That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

The deal is, those will be added as complete factions, so yeah, I taking Caitians will get in before those two do.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    No do not like catpeople
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ghostspock wrote: »
    No do not like catpeople

*face palm*
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yes.

And I'd like to see Cryptic use the tech required (tails, joint structure, fur, etc.) to break the "rubber forehead alien" mold that has dominated Star Trek. We don't have the requirement to put live actors in our aliens here, after all.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Expired comment
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    tendel wrote: »
    I think this warrants a poll about polls; followed up by polls about the result of the poll.

And yes to Caitians. They would add to the liveliness of the game. I'm getting a bit weary of seeing all the liberated emo-borgs running around.

I agree; it is tyring to see all the liberated borgs. Also the face palm guy might stop, but I would not hold my breath on that one.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    DeWitt_LSF wrote:

Romulans and Cardassians will be added as factions most likely, not as individual races to play in the Federation, though who knows with Cryptic :rolleyes: Caitians will probably only be for the Federation since they are Fed members already. Therefore adding Caitians will not push back or delay Romulans or Cardassians. They already have models in the game that just need some tweaking. What will hold those factions back is developing content for the factions themselves, which won't happen until the Klingons are caught up. So blame Romulans and Cardassians not being in for a while on the Klingons, everything is their fault anyway :D
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Presbytier wrote: »
    I agree; it is tyring to see all the liberated borgs. Also the face palm guy might stop, but I would not hold my breath on that one.:rolleyes:

Well, first things first, they have to get added in, but yes, I would, sorry to burst your bubble.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    david26th wrote: »
    Yeah I'm all for more species, the more the merrier in my mind though there are some limits to this, for example I just don't get the need for Pakleds, I saw no obvious signs of them being in the Federation so why have we got them?

Because most trek species are nothing but some simple facial makeup, and therefore it's easy for the game engine to accomodate it, unlike Caitians which are anatomically different from regular humans.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    captnwan wrote: »
    And will the face palm guy just stop already....seriously. continued use will lead to facial harm.

Ashki, his name is Ashki, anyone who has done something so noteworthy as to earn the sobriquet "the facepalm guy" should be recognized on his own merits. I do, therefore, recognize him and suggest a poll be created solicting feedback on this matter.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ghostspock wrote: »
    No do not like catpeople

Then take out your frustration on them in PvP zones.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Qaxlor wrote: »
    Ashki, his name is Ashki, anyone who has done something so noteworthy as to earn the sobriquet "the facepalm guy" should be recognized on his own merits. I do, therefore, recognize him and suggest a poll be created solicting feedback on this matter.

:D LOL Thanks very much, but honestly, I do get kinda sick of seeing people who say that the people who only want to play as Caitians are either anime fans who want to play as catgirls or perverts, so yeah.
  • Options
    edited June 2010

I would like to second that motion. I also suggest that we employ someone with experience in creating polls.

Now who was that?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Tysis wrote:
    I would like to second that motion. I also suggest that we employ someone with experience in creating polls.

Now who was that?

Can we take a poll on who is most qualified to post a poll on this matter?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ashki wrote:
    :D LOL Thanks very much, but honestly, I do get kinda sick of seeing people who say that the people who only want to play as Caitians are either anime fans who want to play as catgirls or perverts, so yeah.

I felt it was my duty, because on this forum if someone said "that guy who was balancing the anti-matter injectors in the background of that 2 second engineering scene in that one episode of TNG" someone would immediately post with links to the guy's bio on Memory Alpha, a detailed debate somewhere about what his first name was and a link to a fan page for that character, so justice had to be served.

I'm also a little tired of the Caitian issue being turned into some kind of platform for bashing people based on what people assume to be their motives. Anyhow, once Caitians are in, they can start working on playable Horta and all of us in the "rockies RP" movement can suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous accusations.

BTW: To all the future Horta-haters, us "rockies" have a euphemism too, we call "it" rapid weathering. Just FYI.

*tongue out of cheek*
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Can we take a poll on who is most qualified to post a poll on this matter?

That is an excellent idea!

So how do we do this? Form a committee first?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    All the cat people lovers should see this, and hopefully relies why some of us have bad memories about cat people:D

:Dhttp://www.gametrailers.com/video/angry-video-screwattack/100758 :D
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    All the cat lovers should see this, and hopefully relies why some of us have bad memories about cat people:D

:Dhttp://www.gametrailers.com/video/angry-video-screwattack/100758 :D

Also averted as the AVGN his own cat which he uses for the videos, as a matter of fact, the cat ran off the Jaguar logo in one of his videos.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ashki wrote:
    Also averted as the AVGN his own cat which he uses for the videos, as a matter of fact, the cat ran off the Jaguar logo in one of his videos.

I have nothing against cats just cat people.:eek:
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I have nothing against cats just cat people.:eek:

Well, also, that game was terrible, this game, not so much.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Cryptic_Kestrel is:
    working on some copy for Caitians ...

Must mean announcements on close on the horizon.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Cryptic_Kestrel is:

Must mean announcements on close on the horizon.

*Crosses fingers* Don't play with me Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Furries are terrible. On the other hand, you don't have to group for much of anything in this game, so I can avoid them.

I'd much rather have the four-armed dude from the animated series.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Furries are terrible. On the other hand, you don't have to group for much of anything in this game, so I can avoid them.

I'd much rather have the four-armed dude from the animated series.

And *face palm*

I would lol though if you got stuck with a Caitian captain in an open fleet instance.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ashki wrote:
    And *face palm*

I would lol though if you got stuck with a Caitian captain in an open fleet instance.

I have auto-grouping turned off to prevent such occurences.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I have auto-grouping turned off to prevent such occurences.

Ah, but still, you deserve another *face palm* for pretty much being just a hater, so yeah *face palm*
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    So what in the world is a Caitian. No, I really do not know.

*Braces for face palm*