test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wierd Briar Patch Bug I think....

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Need GM help or suggestion or should I abort mission?

Screen Shot of Briar Patch Bug
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm sorry, can you clarify how that's a bug? It seems to me it's asking you which BO's you want on your ship when you go into the Briar Patch. And even if it is a bug somehow - clicking accept will do nothing, I've gotten that screen when loading into the Sol Space Station :) I thought "Why on Earth (pun intended) would I need an Away team to beam to the Space Station" but...it didn't hurt anything.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So the fact I'm listed as an engineer, science officer, tactical officer, on top of which I can choose my bridge officers, and when I do they don't spawn at the station is not a bug?

I'm afraid to continue I need to know if the quest is bugged or not, should I drop it or what? I obviously can't continue the quest without my away team.... the fact there are multiple copies of myself as different classes is the bug I'm talking about. I know about the ocassional no away team bug.

There's a big difference having an away team on Sol space dock, vs fighting 3 and 4 stripe NPC's by yourself without an away team.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Eirxia wrote: »
    So the fact I'm listed as an engineer, science officer, tactical officer, on top of which I can choose my bridge officers, and when I do they don't spawn at the station is not a bug?

I'm afraid to continue I need to know if the quest is bugged or not, should I drop it or what? I obviously can't continue the quest without my away team.... the fact there are multiple copies of myself as different classes is the bug I'm talking about. I know about the ocassional no away team bug.

There aren't different versions of yourself, it's showing who the captain of the ship is that you're choosing your away team for (ie; You). If that makes sense. It looks like the game thought you were in a group - if you're grouped it comes up with that screen but it will show the different Captains and who they can choose for their away team.

The quest isn't bugged, but good luck in the Briar Patch ;)

Edit: If you're beaming down and your away team isn't there, you can beam back up to your ship and try beaming down again - that usually fixes that for me, and my away team will show up.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I see what you mean. I usually get that screen when I am teamed and doing a mission and the time comes for us to beam down to the planet's surface to poke things with a stick.

The first drop down box is not saying you are the Engineer, it would let you pick the player/captain who you would getting that away team member slot from and the second is where you would choose the particular officer to put in that slot.

For whatever reason the game was thinking you were teamed when apparently your weren't. So this is a bug if you are not teamed.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ya I was not teamed at the time... But I'm also not getting my away team, which I'm worried I can't finish the quest now.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Raiyna123 wrote: »
    There aren't different versions of yourself, it's showing who the captain of the ship is that you're choosing your away team for (ie; You). If that makes sense. It looks like the game thought you were in a group - if you're grouped it comes up with that screen but it will show the different Captains and who they can choose for their away team.

The quest isn't bugged, but good luck in the Briar Patch ;)

Edit: If you're beaming down and your away team isn't there, you can beam back up to your ship and try beaming down again - that usually fixes that for me, and my away team will show up.[/QUOTE]

I tried this 4 times now, and it didn't work... I knew about this being a fix for this problem, but apparently it's not a fix in all cases.

i.e. I can't do my quest should I drop, continue solo, or is the quest bugged that it can't be completed?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You can always drop it and get it again, if you're beaming down and not getting your away team to show up.