test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ship on ground (No crew) person in space (crash)

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Umm not to be picky but is there a plan to get this fixed like soon?

I beam down to a planet I am my ship, it corrects itself in about 30 seconds but I got no crew and can't call them, so I beam up...now I am a person in space and 50% of the time it crashes the client. Beaming up and down eventually gets around this but come on, can you all fix this you know before launch?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've had alot of problems with this too, would be nice with a button to call you ship to send you a team

though I've never had it crash the game
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    cmhDK wrote: »
    I've had alot of problems with this too, would be nice with a button to call you ship to send you a team

though I've never had it crash the game

There is a button like that, but it won't show if you are a ship so you have to beam up and down till you crash or it corrects itself and it happens EVERY mission with a transition, add the server full TRIBBLE and I get one mission or so done in several hours of attempting.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    this has happened to me as well - its not fun at all
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I've had both versions of it happen: Captain in space, ship on ground. I once had the ship last long enough to get a shot off and, yes folks, 1500 from a photorp does a number on a lone Klingon. When his friends returned fire I changed back and had no support since the crew didn't come with me.

The irritating part is when I come into space and its my captain, a couple of seconds ... hard crash, screen freeze, looping sound, etc.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Since yesterday, pretty much every time I beam up from anywhere, I get the "no ship in space", and crash to desktop.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same, every single time I beam up I get "person in space" and then a hard freeze and crash to desktop. Coupled with the fact that just logging in is very difficult and it is extremely annoying. I have submitted bug reports, but I still crash every time I beam up.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    same here, and fighting 6 enemys without any BOs is no fun at all
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sometimes when my character gets clobbered alone, my crew will pop up on respawn ... sometimes not.

I've also had it where I respawn still alone but then have invisible enemys still attacking my character.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I've had the person in space bug too many times but never had a crash from it.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    My game crashes every single time my captain appears in space in place of her ship. I've just been chalking it up to her dying in the vacuum of space: curse you, guardian of forever!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Maladryne wrote: »
    Since yesterday, pretty much every time I beam up from anywhere, I get the "no ship in space", and crash to desktop.

Same here. I didn't crash before, but now it does. Very disappointing, makes me lose confidence in wanting to land.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    If on Away team and the 'team' is missing, type the command /fillpetteamlist

Might take 15-20 seconds to respond, but the team usually shows up, all of them right on top of where you're standing.

But yeah -- today, every time I beam up, I'm a person in space, then the control bars seem to glitch (showing white and gray squares), then the client crashes. Before today, I never had my client crash, not once. Today? 4 beam-outs, four crashes.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Here is a half-assed work around.

when you get a comm saying to beam down but before you pick your crew be ready. As soon as you pikc beam down accept your crew right away, don't delay. I have a much better successful beamdown doing this (The bug will still happen but much less). When beaming up as soon as you are in space hit full speed (Not full impulse) and start turning this when I am a person in space seems to so far not crash me and eventually it changes and the mission continues.

This is based on my observation and I don't ensure success but its been working for me.