test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[BUG] Dialog Loops

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I'm not sure if this was attributed to the severe lag I was experiencing earlier tonight, but I was on the P'Jem mission, and encountered the Klingons at P'Jem.

I was hailed by the Klingon Captain. I went through all of the dialog, because I like to be thorough and read all of my options(as well, because I like Bioware type dialog and thought maybe I could make a choice other than "LAWL KILL KLINGONS").

I exited the dialog, and he hailed me again. I exited again. Got hailed again. Kept exiting, unable to pilot my ship or attack the bad guys... luckily, I was on a team, and they took some of them out. Once the lead ship was down, he stopped hailing me.

So.. we beam down to the surface... we killed the bad guys.. time to beam back up.

I go to beam back up, and it asks if I want to transfer with my team... then does a countdown.

During the countdown, I see my team members beam out. It reaches zero, and I get the dialog to beam out again. I try again and again. I even deny the request to go with my team, and choose to beam out alone... still keep getting dialog loops.

Finally, after manually dropping group, I was able to beam out, and complete the mission on my own.

Once again, not sure if this was just severe lag, but it made the game nearly unplayable. Figured I'd bug it and let you know.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yeah this happened to me last night. Finally it stopped after I started shooting the Klingon ships.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    almost started a new thread.

I have been getting a ton of dialogs, ones that I have already cleared, to the point where I warped once without my team. It only seems to happen when I am in a team, though.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This has happened to me alot sence tuesday, I try to ignore it, however it drops me out of impulse every time.
    and the times is to where I close it (when I can) re him impulse fly for 45 sec and it pops up again.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, I'm having the same issues. It's rather annoying and sometimes the dialogs reappear every 2-3 seconds, thus making it impossible to proceed.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    When in doubt, ignore the com and just start shooting!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    That's kind of difficult when the dialog is right in the center of the screen obscuring the combat.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Happened to me at the same spot and one other place. Just click the x-to close the box a bunch of times.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Happened to me, too. Hitting the exit option just brought up his responce to one of the questions, and whenever I did manage to close the window, it just popped right back up.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This happened to me first at P'Jem, but it's also happened during other quests as well as when I first got invited to the Starbase 24 Fleet Action.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yup, same here. Game breaker among other things.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Happened to me at the same spot and one other place. Just click the x-to close the box a bunch of times.

>.>

that's why it's annoying, that you have to close it so many times.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I saw it happen on one of my first missions when i started, but only happened once. And yea it is very annoying.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    SunofVich wrote: »
    Yeah this happened to me last night. Finally it stopped after I started shooting the Klingon ships.

Having the same problems as the OP as well. Pretty much exactly as he is describing; May have something to do with the lag/strain on the server/cluster.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Suggestion:

Make it as the chatbox is, so that you can minimize the dialog and reopen it later on. Also the help can be minimized and is seen as yellow starfleet insignia on the right side of the screen.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    What's happening here is that all of the team members' dialogue boxes are interacting. So if you've closed it (but your team member is still reading), the box will pop back open to the answer to whatever question they asked.

So just sit back and wait for them to finish reading everything.