test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Targeting enemies aka. clicking on them with the mouse

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I'm having problems clicking on the enemy ships with my mouse and making them the target, especially when they are bigger ships and up close. Even had trouble making a borg cube my target!

If I click on the ship(s) it sometimes makes it the target but all my wep's are greyed out. But if I dbl click then my ship starts firing automatically.

Not sure if its a bug or me doing something wrong?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I have had some difficulty too targeting ships with mouse. As well when targeted on a ship and using the mouse to move the camera sometime I lose the Target Lock and have to find it again.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have this problem too, as well as clicking on friendly units out in sector space sometimes. However, I have found that right clicking on them seems to be more successful when this issue comes up.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I was having a similar issue with mouse targeting, but what appeared to be happening to me was that it would lock on to the wrong target. I would click an enemy vessel at say 4.5 distance from me and the target icon would flicker and then I would notice the distance saying something like 23.something on the icon at the middle top of screen, as though it had locked on to the wrong vessel.

It was extremely frustrating, and I would end up clicking my target over and over until it would finally stick. Perhaps it was double-clicking that fixed it, but I was usually in such a panic that nothing was working that I didn't really notice.

I eventually just began to use tab targeting because I had no problems with that working.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm also finding mouse targeting a bit frustrating. In a heated battle while trying to fire upon ships both fore and aft, I appear to have to hit ESCape in order to deselect the current target before I can target another target. TAB will jump to another target, but it's random and often not the desired target. Clicking on open space also drops my current target, which is not really what I want to happen. When mouse clicking, I'd prefer it to stay on my current target unless I click on another ship/object. Hopefully just some minor tweeking to make this a workable feature.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same.

10char
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Targeting at times becomes impossible. I have to fly into a group of enemies and wait for one of them to attack me before I can click on them.

Most recently "patrol the Sirius Sector Block" when in the Enemy signal fights.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have trouble switching targets from say, a cruiser, to an array of mines.

There seems to be a built in delay between switching targets before you can fire - and no feedback (ui / vfx / sfx) to tell the player when this is happening, and how long it will last.

Assuming this is correct, players should be able train to get faster at target-acquiring. It'd be a tactical officer-type thing, surely.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Jean_Deaux wrote:
    I'm also finding mouse targeting a bit frustrating. In a heated battle while trying to fire upon ships both fore and aft, I appear to have to hit ESCape in order to deselect the current target before I can target another target. TAB will jump to another target, but it's random and often not the desired target. Clicking on open space also drops my current target, which is not really what I want to happen. When mouse clicking, I'd prefer it to stay on my current target unless I click on another ship/object. Hopefully just some minor tweeking to make this a workable feature.

Ditto - clicking on open space and losing your target is very frustrating.