test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Space targetting could use some work

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
While playing the tutorial about Vega, attacking the probes that were regenerating specifically, I had an issue with selecting targets. The previous combat against the damaged probes I would mouse click on my desired target and then attack it. In this combat exercise the ships I mouse clicked on I would lose as a target once I mouse clicked on a ship command, such as fire weapon. Using the TAB key to target worked good, but mouse selection worked very poorly for me here.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Jean_Deaux wrote:
    While playing the tutorial about Vega, attacking the probes that were regenerating specifically, I had an issue with selecting targets. The previous combat against the damaged probes I would mouse click on my desired target and then attack it. In this combat exercise the ships I mouse clicked on I would lose as a target once I mouse clicked on a ship command, such as fire weapon. Using the TAB key to target worked good, but mouse selection worked very poorly for me here.

hmm that sounds tough but rare.. have you checked the patch details? or maybe its somthing theyre working on if not you should submit a ticket
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I Experienced this to. Mouse clicking on targets seems inresponsive sometimes.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    pxRoberto wrote: »

I totally agree. I had to click on a target 3 or 4 times sometimes to target it. It's also not obvious enough what is targeted
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The TAB is working well, but some changes at the selected target would be awesome, that orange line is too thin, esspecially when you fight in zoom out.

So 2 things need to be worked at space targeting

- selected target focus (customizable or bigger, more proeminent)
    - mouse targeting (a tooltip added, or a pre-selected enemy border - on mouse over - to see who will be selected if i press click )
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    pxRoberto wrote: »

Had the same problem..Sometimes i had to multiple click on a target to have it finally as target
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I had this also, sometimes, and this bug wasn't present in the closed beta.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    B3aT wrote: »
    The TAB is working well, but some changes at the selected target would be awesome, that orange line is too thin, esspecially when you fight in zoom out.

So 2 things need to be worked at space targeting

- selected target focus (customizable or bigger, more proeminent)
    - mouse targeting (a tooltip added, or a pre-selected enemy border - on mouse over - to see who will be selected if i press click )

I'm glad you brought up the orange line, I too had difficulty with interpreting that. I couldn't tell if that target was the active target or if it was just closer to me than the nearby target. A different color would be welcome here.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I've had this issue even changing your power settings loses your target you should be able to tab and lock the target in some way till it goes boom.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    FTWinston wrote: »
    I had this also, sometimes, and this bug wasn't present in the closed beta.

Actually yes this bug was present in closed beta. I experienced it several times. It is mostly an issue when there are a lot of ships in a fight.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sim_Kill wrote: »
    I totally agree. I had to click on a target 3 or 4 times sometimes to target it. It's also not obvious enough what is targeted

Same, I also had times when weapons would not shoot, my firing arcs were good, I had power swapped to weapons, and could not shoot any hting at the Borg, not even harsh words.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm guessing this was more related to the huge lag of the server yesterday.
    I never had an issue with this, yet 2 guys on ventrilo with me last night did have this same exact issue....
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same. Clicking power settings, and other buttons made me either de-select my target, or target something else entirely.