Path to 2409 - 2387 Supplemental Log

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ltfngr wrote: »
    A few things:

Star Trek canon and Star Trek Online canon are two seperate things. Don't get confused. Jack has stated he's taking what he can/wants from the books and comics to form the Star Trek Online history/canon.

Second, remember - the game starts with Federation and Klingons. It's been hinted pretty heavily that the Romulans are coming later. Wouldn't it be fitting for when that supplement is ready to come out to have Donatra suddenly appear to reunite her fractured people to take back the territory plundered by Fed and Klingons? I think that would be the perfect catalyst to bring together a playable Romulan race.

Third - read Countdown, the prequel comic to the new movie. That's the storyline being followed.

Jolan'tru Ltfngr
    Yes I have read the Prequel and I have seen the move if they go with that time line Spock is time so
    he can stop the Hubus from going Nova.
    2387 to 2409 we have 22 more years of info to go.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    i would prefer to play in the STO universe, which match what we have seen up to Nemesis(and a part of ST XI), versus in the Abrams universe.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Aye, i think Suran is beeing interviewd in 2409, but he is talking about 2387.

Very nice update, fills in some things that had been missing from the Romulan side in regards to the Novels.

Perhaps the black hole didnt just suck them back in time, but also into an alternate universe, or that it takes a fundamentally huge change to cause it to split into another universe, such as the irreplaceable loss of a planet that was never supposed to be lost.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    If the Klingons and Feds would compete for control over the romulan colonies...the Romulans would probebly team up with the Feds...because this way they could keep their cultur...but if the Klingons take over they would be forced away from their homes!
    And not even the Klingos are stupid...erm...I mean bloodthirsty enough to start a war agains the joint forces of the Feds and the Empire!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    agreed, i think they side with the feds as well
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    In principle, but they do not trust either group.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    ronaldheld wrote: »
    In principle, but they do not trust either group.

Jolan'tru ronaldheld
    You must not know about Empress Donatra then?
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Ltfngr wrote: »
    A few things:

Star Trek canon and Star Trek Online canon are two seperate things. Don't get confused. Jack has stated he's taking what he can/wants from the books and comics to form the Star Trek Online history/canon.

Second, remember - the game starts with Federation and Klingons. It's been hinted pretty heavily that the Romulans are coming later. Wouldn't it be fitting for when that supplement is ready to come out to have Donatra suddenly appear to reunite her fractured people to take back the territory plundered by Fed and Klingons? I think that would be the perfect catalyst to bring together a playable Romulan race.

Third - read Countdown, the prequel comic to the new movie. That's the storyline being followed.

Not entirely true. That's one of many storylines that's being followed, and only for the most part. They've already omitted details from it, as well as other written sources. The only thing we can completely peg Cryptic as following to the letter are the previous movies and shows. That's it. Besides, there's not really a whole lot of story to follow. The Countdown and the new film deal with at most a month or two in 2387.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    New screen shots of Romulans peeps, pretty nice. As well as Andoreans
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Tuvya wrote: »
    ST lore supports multiverse based on choices we make, and travel between them by several methods, but time travel DOES NOT create a new universe in Trek Lore, it changes the one you are in.

Yet in TNG finale 'All Good Things', Picards actions in the past, do not change the actions of the present nor the future.

He travels back in time to when he first takes command of the Enterprise. Hearing voices, he calls for a Red alert. However, when he returns to the present, and asks Troi if that is what she remembered, she said no -- the events in the past remained unchanged.

So there are multiple ways time-travel works in the Star Trek Universe. Sometimes it changes the future, sometimes it doesn't, but rather creates another timeline.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    In my subjective opinion, why not create an alternate-alternate reality to combine what's in the new ST movie with STO. Man, this stuff is really confusing somtimes! :confused:
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    journeyman wrote: »
    In my subjective opinion,removedThat way one can stay true to STO and the new trek movie. Man, this stuff is really confusing somtimes! :confused:

VERY LARGE SPOILER THERE BRO

Any chance you would mind editing that out for those people whom haven't seen the film yet for w/e reason.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Well if the interview is in 2409 about 2387 then Donatra doesn't return?
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Loekii wrote: »

Yet in TNG finale 'All Good Things', Picards actions in the past, do not change the actions of the present nor the future.

He travels back in time to when he first takes command of the Enterprise. Hearing voices, he calls for a Red alert. However, when he returns to the present, and asks Troi if that is what she remembered, she said no -- the events in the past remained unchanged.

So there are multiple ways time-travel works in the Star Trek Universe. Sometimes it changes the future, sometimes it doesn't, but rather creates another timeline.

Agreed. And when you apply the "alternate timeline" theory to Star Trek IV... your brain can start to hurt. Did Kirk and Spock return to the prime universe or the future of the alternate universe they created when they stole the humpback whales? And if it was the future of the alternate universe, does that mean the prime universe actually has no earth because it was destroyed by the aliens looking for the whales?
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Ravain wrote: »
    Well if the interview is in 2409 about 2387 then Donatra doesn't return?

just hasnt returned yet, i think she will return with the romulan expansion ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    naterag wrote: »
    how come the history hasnt change. please cyptic follow the new movie stay ture to trek

The new Trek movie takes place in an alternate timeline/universe.While Prime Spock and Nero do come from the Trek uinverse we all know and love, when they went back in time, they emerged in a different timeline.This has been corroborated by Orci and Kurtzman(the writers of the movie).The Trek mmo will take place in the Prime Universe(the one with the 40+ year history/canon)and thankfully so.

You might want to read this.It makes alot very clear.

http://trekmovie.com/2009/05/18/orci-kurtzman-to-answer-fan-questions-at-trekmovie-transcript-of-last-weeks-impromptu-qa/

Bob Orci has said that the divergent point (i.e. both universes were the same until..)was when Nero FIRST arrived in the past(thus destrying the Kelvin and George Kirk with it).That is the pioint where the Prime universe
    diverges with the Abrams Universe.The divergent universe that the Trek movie takes place in is because of the actions of Nero when he decided to go back in time, where he had 25 years to wait until Spock arived thus having 25 years of influence, (no matter how small)over the divergent universe's history that the Prime Universe's history(Nero's home universe where Romulus was destroyed by the supernova shockwave, but Vulcan still existed) never had.

The Trek mmo will take place in the Prime universe post Romulus/Remus' destruction.Prime Spock is gone, having disappeared aboard the Jellyfish into the singularity after saving the Prime universe from being decimated by the supernova shockwave.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Westman wrote: »
    just hasnt returned yet, i think she will return with the romulan expansion ;)

oh yea and then BAM she back!!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    And now we go into 2388 HOOT
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I like these paths to 2409, but drives me crazy at the same time.

They use some stuff from ST novels, but not others. I know the novels are not cannon.

In the Titan Novels Suran was killed by Dontra, while all the events of Baregs death agree with what was written in the supplement to 2387.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    They are using amix, so it good they do this and add some elements
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I like these paths to 2409, but drives me crazy at the same time.

They use some stuff from ST novels, but not others. I know the novels are not cannon.

In the Titan Novels Suran was killed by Dontra, while all the events of Baregs death agree with what was written in the supplement to 2387.

They've stated already that while they are using the novels as source material, it's just inspiration, at best. The novels aren't canon, so they lack the weight of canon media, and besides, Cryptic's trying to make their own game, with it's own storyline, rather than just copy what everyone else has already written. I'm just glad they're acknowledging good series like the Titan one at all rather than just dismissing it, like most Star Trek media does (apart from novels, obviously). So while you will see deviation from the books, it's relatively minor, like Suran's death. They even did it with the Countdown novels; by not mentioning specific details, like Worf getting stabbed, they can leave it up in the air whether or not they want that outcome (i.e., if canon Trek kills Worf off, but since Cryptic has been developing his character in STO timelines, they can still keep him in by not following the Countdown by exact detail). So there are benefits to it, as well.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    So any ideas on what com ing next?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Wow, a very good read. I hope Donatra is still alive somewhere.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Akiem wrote:
    Wow, a very good read. I hope Donatra is still alive somewhere.

Jolan'tru Akiem
    Yes She is alive we just need to find Donatra andI hope they do it by 2390 or 2391,
    I hope it will be soon! only time will tell we still have 20 years to go.:eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Yes, we do have 20 years. But, the search is not in vain. I hope she will be fond as well. Search well!