test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't select a character

spidey220spidey220 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Anyone else having this trouble? I try to select a character in the character select screen and they're just forever stuck on loading. Only character I can select is the last one I logged in as yesterday. No one else loads.

Comments

• Options
    dayamarsanadayamarsana Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Yeah, I got a reply from them, said they know its an issue and they're working on it.
    You got further than I did. I cant select any of them.
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Well, I also can't actually select anyone - all my toons have a "Loading" stage.
    I opened a ticket in the support, got answer that they have more reports with this bug, but they don't know ETA on fix.
    Also advised me to bring it up here (to check if someone did not find a work-around this), but it looks like someone else got here first.
    Ah, and "Force verify" and updating drivers did not help (turning my PC off and on also did not help - yeah I know it was low propability, but I saw some bugs that were fixed this way - and I work in IT departament in some rather big corporation)...
  • Options
    It is always wise to do the standard marching orders for trying to clear the issue before reporting the issue.
    Force Verify, restart the pc if you really think it will help, and then see if others have the issue if it persists.

Though details sometimes are helpful like what operating system and sometimes what hardware basics, like in this case its not just a very slow hard drive but an actual m.2 that shouldn't see long load times.
  • Options
    nardlet#3186 nardlet Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Also have the same issue, stuck on loading screen. Maybe reinstalling the game will help, i will have to try that later tonight.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    I'm having the same problem. Only the last char I played is loading on the character selection screen. All the others can be selected (clicked on), but are stuck at "loading".
  • Options
    sarenarteriuesarenarteriue Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Same here, although I could select one character upon first login. Sadly, I'm stuck with a level 20 for now.
  • Options
    lordori2lordori2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same here. According to the in game chat, a number of people are having similar issues.
  • Options
    zeluthaszeluthas Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Same issue here. I can log in only with one character, the last one I was logged in with yesterday, all others are just loading forever without ever becoming available to play.
  • Options
    maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I am having the same problem I managed to log in 10 characters but now I can only log into the last character I was on.
  • Options
    Also have the same issue, stuck on loading screen. Maybe reinstalling the game will help, i will have to try that later tonight.

From what I know of the issue, that will not help @ reinstalling the game.
    The latest update seems to have caused this, some kind of inability to download your characters from the database I think.

Just have to wait for them to fix it.
    Navi said to me its probably gonna require a patch on their end.
  • Options
    mark#1633 mark Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Add me to this list... *sigh*
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    Same here.
  • Options
    thadulethadule Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same issue here. This actually irritates me on an extreme level since I do a space wizard build and want the ship from this event extremely badly. Bad enough that I already priced plane tickets to head down to HQ and bug them in person about the issue if I had to.
  • Options
    I'm having this issue too. I found I can create a new character and reload into it but none of my toons I had before the patch are accessible.
  • Options
    bombtraxbombtrax Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    add me to the pile I can create but not load my main for some reason my dominion character will load but not my fed or my kdf
  • Options
    betsyphotog#1877 betsyphotog Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Unable to log in to any of my characters. All of them sit on "Loading..." I was looking forward to the event ship as well, but alas, I am unable to play at all.
  • Options
    deceon55deceon55 Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    yep same issue only 2 I can log on to.
  • Options
    Same issue here, can create a new one and play, but all previous toons are locked in perpetual loading state since update.
  • Options
    solarcorona#2303 solarcorona Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Just the one toon I can't load, interestingly I could load her immediately after the patch but then lost the ability after the server crash shortly afterwards,

One thing for everyone to consider, after attempting to load her, all the others won't load, but if I don't select that one toon then the rest load fine. so maybe change up your order of selection (if you only have one that works) and you may find you're able to select another or two.
    Post edited by solarcorona#2303 on
  • Options
    gaming1ogregaming1ogre Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Same problem. No character will load other than the one I last was on. Damn frustrating.
  • Options
    uncharted2420uncharted2420 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I was never good at "Sit, wait and hope for the best." Well...I hope it doesn't take too long to resolve, luckily I got more games to distract me.
  • Options
    parisalexandria1parisalexandria1 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Can only load the last character that was active.
  • Options
    Oh....It looks like they are back.
    Yay
  • Options
    Oh....spoke too soon. Not all toons are available....most are still loading.
  • Options
    nova73#7821 nova73 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Same here, If I'm lucky I can get the first two to load, but all the others are stuck on an infinite loading.
  • Options
    cyan027cyan027 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    operating 2 accounts and 1 account which has no more spare slot has the problem.
    the other account which has spare slot can load normally.