What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

best dabo ever?

2»

Comments

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Good thing I'm not an avid accolade hunter ;)
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    My best ever was 202k GPL on a single win

AnTpnXM.png

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Well, after all this talk here, tonight I rerolled a Hard Endeavor off of Kill 60 Voth in BZ (I had just that two days ago and was not up to going to ground) and got Win Dabo 3,000. Up until this Thread I had never picked a Slot above 14 (never really scrolled).

I picked 8, 20, 28. My first roll netted a 15, 500, and 1,000. That gave me the High Roller Accolade. It slowed down and I crawled up to 2,125. Then 20, 1,000, 100,000. Got the Golden Accolade and obviously finished the Endeavor.

I had never gotten above 1,000 in all these years. It would seem from this Thread that Slots in the 20's do better for the bigger prizes.

Thanks again.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    poddlipoddli Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Way back when we had the weekly community targets, we'd just finished the Latinum bonus. I figured I would grind out the accolade.

gz2KDtw.png

I got lucky.
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I had never gotten above 1,000 in all these years. It would seem from this Thread that Slots in the 20's do better for the bigger prizes.

A bit more complicated. Each slot individually is the same and will net the same expected values. It's just that certain slots combine for a better chance of winning the maximum, so the 2nd and 3rd slot matter.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    poddlipoddli Member Posts: 173 Arc User

xyquarze wrote: »
    ltminns wrote: »

A bit more complicated. Each slot individually is the same and will net the same expected values. It's just that certain slots combine for a better chance of winning the maximum, so the 2nd and 3rd slot matter.

STOwiki has a good rundown of how the wheels work and which numbers combine for the highest payout chance. 0,9,20 has already been mentioned and is my habitual choice too.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Dabo#Strategy

• Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    It should be noted though that "combination with highest possible maximum winnings" does not necessarily mean "combination with highest expected/average winnings". I would guess it does indeed here, but I haven't done the specific math, and the article doesn't elaborate on that. Odds of winning should be 1 in 39,304 (depending of course on whether the wheel still has factory settings) - if you play one of these combinations.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Wow, 15k, 1k, and 1k at same time. I'm playing those 3 numbers from now on! Maybe they are 'lucky' in the quasi-RNG scheme of things.

The real jackpot was the 'oops' they had when they introduced the GPL vendors. The vendors would buy your vendor trash for GLP instead of EC. That was a fun morning before they hot-fixed it. Could have been worse if there was actually useful stuff to buy. :D
This discussion has been closed.