test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can you guys change the way random fleet invites work on the ps4?

irishcream32irishcream32 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
I dislike receiving random fleet invites without the name of the fleet on the ps4. I try to get the name of the fleet from the ones who send the random fleet invites, but they never use the text chat box so I always decline after a time of waiting for a responce. Please change the random fleet invites so they show the name of the fleet.

Can I get a dev responce please?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Answers

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    On the PC, we can block all fleet invites. Which I have done.

On top of that, my friend and I created a "solo" fleet and invited all our characters to it. This established our characters as already being IN a fleet...hence no need to interact with us using fleet invites.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Randomperson@randomuser has invited you to their fleet is the bane of MMO's and most decent ones give you the option to disable or ignore those unsolicited invites.

STO on console however is far too rushed and barebones to have been given decent options like that or disabling screenshake.

Good chance they don't use the chat box because they're too stupid to realise you can actually use a USB keyboard to type or can't muster more then the odd monosyllabic grunt.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    STO on console however is far too rushed and barebones to have been given decent options like that or disabling screenshake.

Then option 2 may be your best bet.... unless the players on consoles spam people already IN fleets with invites.

Really. I can't imagine they would be that dense? Are they kids with nothing better to do?

At which point, I would have to say: Cryptic putting finishing touches on the console version of the game may be the only thing that may help.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    My experience with inviting someone already in a fleet is, instead of sending the invite, you get a message stating that said person is already in a fleet. Happened to me when I was putting mine into a private fleet a friend and I acquired when everyone else abandoned the fleet.

So you can't spam invites to people already in fleets. Besides, when you mouseover a character it shows which fleet they're in.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
This discussion has been closed.