test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Missions Don't Work...

That's three now. So I can't take the new missions at all. Everything except the very next mission in my journal is grayed out, even though just yesterday I could go anywhere in the story I wanted. So will the event be getting an extension to make up for all these bugs?

Comments

• Options
    calexistacalexista Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    Also noticing Similar situations on multiple characters in fact 1 Jem'Hadar who I finished the Intro series during the gamma recruit promotion and then just did the first Gamma Quadrant mission tonight on can't start any other episodes now. Not even Armistice that comes next in the arc is allowing me to start it. Many of my other characters can't even start the next mission in their arcs. Only one that I was able to play on and progress in any stories or run the 2 new quests was my Discovery captain.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    the journal revamp made it so certain specific mission will block progress until dealt with, but they're not hard to do, merely irritating since some of them(such as New Romulus Aid) are things whose completion status got reset.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    greencatgurl#6531 greencatgurl Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    You don't understand, overnight I went from able to do them to unable... Not with the journal revamp a week ago (which opened it all to begin with), but with this update. Now everything is locked again. Clearly a major bug.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    You don't understand, overnight I went from able to do them to unable... Not with the journal revamp a week ago (which opened it all to begin with), but with this update. Now everything is locked again. Clearly a major bug.

It was changed on 10 January 2019 patch...so all were opened.
    Captains can now access and begin playing the first episode in any story arc.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11066673

The patch on 17 January 2019...reverted those changes:
    The beginning mission of each story arc is no longer immediately available after completing the tutorial.
    Players will still be able to use the skip function to access any mission they want to.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11071993

As per Ambassador Kael's remarked in the Galactic News Network:
    Quick note: The rollback change from being able to play any mission you want, whenever you want, is not likely permanent. As I mentioned on the stream tonight, the way it was working would lead to brand new players getting tons of auto-hails and seeing 40 missions the first time they met Quinn or J'mpok. We're working on a fix so that you can still play any mission wherever, but if you're new, you won't get overwhelmed by seeing all of them at once. That should hopefully come soon, but until then, going back to "skip to whatever mission you want to play" was the best compromise.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1246261/pc-patch-notes-for-1-17-19

This has NOT been changed back to allow all characters access to all missions, yet.
    So, mission journals are showing whatever condition they were in, whenever they rolled it back to was.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    hirumasaikyohirumasaikyo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    the journal revamp made it so certain specific mission will block progress until dealt with, but they're not hard to do, merely irritating since some of them(such as New Romulus Aid) are things whose completion status got reset.

Is there a list which missions block progress?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I did not check my character's mission journal condition Before and After the 22 January 2019 patch went live....that is the patch where the Anniversary and new Personal Endeavor stuff was added.

Far as I know, after this 22 January 2019 patch went on Holodeck...the only characters who were able to access the Mirror of Discovery content were: the Age of Discovery Federation characters and characters finished with all the missions.

So, maybe you were looking at an Age of Discovery character?

Yes all of this Mission Journal stuff changes with FACTION....even different between the different Federation types.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    The entire Mission Journal can block progress!
    If you are stuck with accessing a specific mission, go back through all previous story arcs and make sure every previous mission is either played or skipped.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options

Back in OCTOBER when all this started...a dev was giving us a listing of which we could not skip....
    They posted both Federation and Klingon.

I have a copy of the KLINGON version...because I copied and pasted it to one of my own original posts, so it was easy to find:
    chrian#9670 wrote: »

Hello again @where2r1 Here is the information you requested.
    Klingon Mandatory missions when skipping normal tutorial:
    smaller tutorial: Ready for battle, First city

After getting First city , Secrets of Nimbus is Available from K'men

Empire
    Duties of Command
    The Hunt Is On
    Space Chase

Cardassian Struggle
    Lost and Found

Borg Advance
    Report on Borg Activities

New Romulus
    New Romulus AId

Solanae Dyson Sphere
    Circles within circles
    Supply woes

Delta Quadrant
    Escalation
    The Kobali Front

Give me some time to dig up the missions that can not be skipped on the Federation side....as it was in another thread all together.

Unless @chrian#9670 to come by and post it to us again??? Missions that can not be skipped on the Federation side.

• Options
    chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Hello everyone for Starfleet officers aside from their own personalized tutorials such as for TOS and DSC. Below is the list of Mission Journal missions that can not be skipped
    Klingon war:
    Welcome to Earth Space dock

Romulan Mystery:
    Heading out

Cardassian Struggle:
    Lost and Found

Borg Advance:
    Report on Borg Activities

New romulus:
    New ROmulus Aid
    Staging Area

Solanae Dyson Sphere:
    Circles Within Circles
    Supply Woes

Delta Quadrant:
    Escalation
    The Kobali Front

• Options
    Well, I don't know where the list for Federation Missions that can not be skipped is.... I looked.

I found where Chrian was helping individual players with what missions they needed to skip, but do not see a list like the one I have for the Klingon side.

• Options
    hirumasaikyohirumasaikyo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thank you all for the help.