test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DIS Terran Uniforms are going to be Lockbox?

13»

Comments

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    redvenge wrote: »
    angrytarg wrote: »
    But it's a space marine powersword, isn't it? Abd the armours are quite chunky - and completely useless 😄
    When I saw it I thought "Man, some Terran just mugged He-Man and ran off with his sword."

Not sure if He-Man is all that well known outside the US.

German here. Well he is! B)

He-Man was one of the big things of 80s Toys. Back then the whole hype was just a lil bit time delayed, by 2 years or so.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @peterconnorfirst said:
    > redvenge wrote: »
    >
    > angrytarg wrote: »
    >
    > But it's a space marine powersword, isn't it? Abd the armours are quite chunky - and completely useless 😄
    >
    >
    >
    > When I saw it I thought "Man, some Terran just mugged He-Man and ran off with his sword."
    >
    > Not sure if He-Man is all that well known outside the US.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > German here. Well he is! B)
    >
    > He-Man was one of the big things of 80s Toys. Back then the whole hype was just a lil bit time delayed, by 2 years or so.

There was also the 2006 (I think) Cartoon Network reboot (rather good IMO), and his sister just got a new show on Netflix, I'm disappointed in the animation style, but my daughter likes it.

There was a second He-Man series in the later 80s, but it was pretty bad.

Yea pretty much.

200X He-Man was short bit nice, think only around 30 or 40 episodes or so.

I watched the new She-Ra from Netflix on my phone on my way to work. The look is something to get used to but seems to be in line with modern stuff. While clearly aimed at children and not at grown up fans the show itself is still funny enough for adults to watch. Not bad at all I think. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User

Yeah most female armor in MMOs and Fantasy RPGs looks straight out of the Bronze Bra Guild from "Chicks in Chainmail".

his sister just got a new show on Netflix, I'm disappointed in the animation style, but my daughter likes it.

On the occasions when they have a full bra. No thanks. I prefer my fantasy heroines with practical armour.

I used watch the original She-Ra when I was a kid. My sister and I loved the Spot-The-Elf game.

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @redvenge said:
    > Not sure if He-Man is all that well known outside the US.

Well, my Lukari character commands the LSS Sheeraa, which I translated in the char bio as 'Lukari for 'Princess of Power'' (spelling adjusted for Lukari naming habits, the double vocals seem common).

So... 😏
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    Well, my Lukari character commands the LSS Sheeraa, which I translated in the char bio as 'Lukari for 'Princess of Power'' (spelling adjusted for Lukari naming habits, the double vocals seem common).

So... 😏
    You know, I did not see the gem in the sword in the first picture. It actually looks more like She-Ra's sword, only the gem is red instead of blue.

• Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User

So... 😏
    You know, I did not see the gem in the sword in the first picture. It actually looks more like She-Ra's sword, only the gem is red instead of blue.

The shape, with the tines on the side, is more like it was in the original Masters of the Universe promotional comics. The action figure line left a chunk of smooth plastic connecting the tines to the blade, presumably out of fear that they would bend or break off, and the cartoon kept those, so the thing looked like it had side handles.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They just recently used the crew for a Geico commercial.

https://youtu.be/LvqtBXsl7Qw
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    > @warpangel said:
    >
    > I am baffled how hard they just copied the 40K imperium, complete with the golden throne and swords. DSC really struggles to be something of it's own, sadly.​​
    >
    >
    >
    > Nah, swords are generic, it's not 40k enough without CHAINswords.

But it's a space marine powersword, isn't it? Abd the armours are quite chunky - and completely useless 😄

Armor isn't big, chunky, bulky enough. This sword is more appropriate!
    latest?cb=20130909052845
    > @jslyn said:
    > szim wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    > But it's a space marine powersword, isn't it? Abd the armours are quite chunky - and completely useless 😄
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What do you mean, completely useless? The female version protects the upper body perfectly.. except for the cleavage and the sides (it's not like something important might be under that sternum). The male version protects the heart, liver and right lung. That's all Terrans need to survive. :*
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If they were going to go 40K, shouldn't the Discovery, as their fastest ship, be painted red?
    >
    >
    > That Terran armor is better than the female armor you'll find in most MMOs.

Yeah most female armor in MMOs and Fantasy RPGs looks straight out of the Bronze Bra Guild from "Chicks in Chainmail".

In some of the Korean MMOs, "Armor value is proportional to the amount of skin is exposed." :)
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    When I saw it I thought "Man, some Terran just mugged He-Man and ran off with his sword."

Not sure if He-Man is all that well known outside the US.

Kidding me??, i have the entire 200X collection, and i live in Chile.. so yeah, it was pretty popular... i had some of the original ones, but they where expensive for a kid back in the 80's, anyway.. I NEED THAT SWORD!!!!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User

In some of the Korean MMOs, "Armor value is proportional to the amount of skin is exposed." :)

And that is only one downside to Korean MMOs.

ltminns wrote: »
    They just recently used the crew for a Geico commercial.

I will do you one better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PgTjhx1VLw

This discussion has been closed.