test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestions for the Summer Event

devencombsdevencombs Member Posts: 222 Arc User
I know that now is the time when Cryptic is planning for the Summer Event, so where can I send in my suggestions? I'd like to see water gun and balloon fights on Risa. We've got an arsenal of snowball weaponry in the Winter Event, how about some water guns for the Summer Event?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    I want swimming/diving incorporated into the game so we can have Pearl Diving, Octopus Wrangling, and Sea Turtle Races.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    OH Neverwinter has those water balloon fights. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    I keep thinking that the caldera area would be a great place to have a water balloon/super soaker "battleground".
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    I want a T6 Risian Corvette or the long, Long, LONG overdue Risian Science Ship.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I wouldn't mind a queue where someone deactivates the weather control system and you have to work together to stop them and reactivate it, I got the idea from the DS9 episode "Let He Who Is Without Sin" where Worf deactivates the weather control system.

Also I second the notion of a T6 Corvette.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    I like the idea of a water fight. And a water gun arsenal gives us another set of things to buy.

On a related note, how about making winter and summer stuff reclaimable from the store after you've bought them. It's a bit of a pain to have to store them in your bank all year round.

And I definitely support both T6 versions of the two current Risa ships and a new T6 Risian Science Vessel.
  • Options
    T6 Risian Science Vessel should have an Ion Storm Generator that creates an AOE hull and shield damage effect. I picture a globe with diagonal particle streaks flashing through it.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Those all sound nice, as long as PVP is restricted to designated areas. Some people object when I walk up and squirt fluids onto them.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Some people object when I walk up and squirt fluids onto them.

latest?cb=20171220025255
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    I want a night time Risa map. Balloons(just like grenades), waterguns, you could even make a tiki fire spirit minigame where you have to hose/extinguish the spirit in the caldera with water weapons. Before turning those water weapons on your friends to help cool off.
  • Options
    Rock climbing. Before I got my first jetpack I tried to climb all the spires on the Risa map. Now, sure, I can jetpack anywhere and I even got an accolade for it, but there is still one place I cannot climb without jetpack assistance.

I once recommended a Yellow Submarine which acts as a transition to other Risa maps. It could travel to:

Harbor: rent a sailboat and sail around the various islands for a day, with races. Perhaps you have to rent a Sailboard first, then upgrade after completing some qualification course or event to a 4m catamaran, then to an 8m sloop, then to a 12m trimaran, then to a winged racing monohull.

Reef: rent or buy dive gear to go spear fishing, octopus wrangling, or pearl diving. Snorkle, SCuBA, or Environmental Suit (if you just want to walk around on the bottom.) Tag fish species for 'research' if you don't want to eat them at the beach party. (But Blackened Risian Swordfish is a dish to die for! Literally. They will probably kill you.)

Sea-Cliffs: Climb the cliffs for fun, to tag seabirds in their nest for research, or to find cool new paces to dive into the water below.

New Atlantis: Undersea Arcology from TAS which focuses on aquaculture. Swim out to chase off the sea turtles which are eating the seaweed crops, or participate in the Turtle Races in which teams use prods to get the turtles to move beyond the perimeter of the farms.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Different rewards for different things.
This discussion has been closed.