test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

mail Bug

lizharperlizharper Member Posts: 22 Arc User
I am reporting an bug. I can't mail items from one character to another on my account. I have contacted support on this matter and I am now reporting it here. Support has been super helpfulness and suggestion from Support to report this bug.

Comments

• Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I am not of support stuff (just a player) and I don't fully know, but just having an idea here

Did you go to O -> Privacy and checked the status of mail option: "Allow only fleet and friends to email" there?
    (game doesn't seem to see same account on different/no fleet as any of "friends or fleet members" yet you can't add yourself as a friend)
    You may chose to have this option set to OFF (to allow email from all). This might expose you to spam though.

EVEN in case it IS off, you may still want to PRESS "Allow only fleet and friends to email" OFF again, apply and close, to try forcing an update just in case. There may be a command line for that too but ATM I don't know it.
    Possibly /Whitelist_emails 0

You might like to check other settings there though (do you have problems regarding party or not seeing others' chats unless they are friends/fleet/you? in getting party invites from non friends/fleet members? In seeing whispers from other people than your fleet members/friends? There may be other problems there too in such cases. I may be back to edit later.)

BTW - speculation/very inaccurate part: The origin of the problem might have been connected to some anonymity status change (by itself might affect some party join methods too, it seems) along with some bug, no idea if applicable in this case. Other O -> Privacy settings MIGHT have been affected by this, such as chat, team invites and tells, beside possibly emails. Those settings might show correct but not updated to be how they look like (or ALTERNATIVELY wrongly updated by other setting such as visibility/anonymity but without displaying the change). Hence force update might be needed, either by GUI or command.
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    BTW you may try to send to YOUR in-game handle (e.g. @YourAccountName REPLACE THIS WITH YOUR ACCOUNT NAME/HANDLE)
    Or directly to same char (or even another char in the account which you could send to, if any). I think it arrives on all chars of your account.

I am unsure when this appears because I think I used to have that for a char of mine before it joined the other faction (so - different) fleet and then that was gone. This on a second thought.

P.S.
    I'd assume you have the 20 hours play time accross the account/1 zen in balance/have made a C-Store purchase or subscription ofc.
  • Options
    snovernsnovern Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Another thing to check how many mail messages with attachments are already in the receiving toon's mailbox. There is a limit, and once that limit is reached, that toon will no longer be able to receive any mail with attachments.

Mail types affected by this:
    1. Mail with attachments from you or other accounts.
    2. Mail from the exchange when item listings expire.
  • Options
    majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    As others have said, couple things to check:
    1. That you are at an actual mailbox
    2. That you are not at your attachment limit