test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best core for max Aux exotic build

dykerasdykeras Member Posts: 326 Arc User
Decided to try my hand at Sci magic for a change and so far so good apart from hitting a slight snag...

I have no idea which Warp core would be best for the character? Preferably (A-S) as I will be running max Aux and torps, so no need weapon power.

So, a Spire core? or one of the newer Colony cores? or even stick with the old Solanae warp core?

As always, all advice appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Ancient Obelisk core has a max of 135 Aux without other powers kicking it higher. Other than that, you could shoot for a set-bonus to help your Sci stats, like going the Temporal Core + other Temporal Rep parts. If this happens to be a Romulan Warbird Sci ship, you can get Singularity Core that has [EPG] for a bit more EPG directly (even standard Singularity Cores can have this mod).
  • Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I would like to volunteer the temporal core as well. While having nice stats for a sci ship on its own it is the 2 piece bonus of the respective set that most sci/exotic players seek.

Taking this choice for a core also leaves one with enough freedom for some “better” calls on the other core systems, especially in light of the high EPG deflectors from stories, the colony deflector as well as the competitive engine with its massive speed boost.

There are often synergies with torpedoes on such builds. Taking the temporal core here also enables one to squeeze in the adapted maco 2 piece as this set has no core to choose.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    charon83charon83 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    yep can only reiterate: Temporal Core = best value for any exotic build really since it opens up a lot of doors, Together with a fully re-engineered Bajoran Deflector (Full on EPG), and either the competetive or Jem'Hadar engines and a crafted secondary (they work well on thier own while you should get the temporal 2 set (core/shields)).
  • Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    Another vote for the Temporal core hear. My exotic build runs:

Deflector: Temporal
    Impulse Engine: Competitive
    Core: Temporal
    Shield: Competitive

But I don't necessarily recommend going for the competitive two set. I just use it because it brings my builds CtrlX up to the magic 400 for maximum well size with a minimum of overshoot. Your needs may very.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Another vote for the Temporal core hear. My exotic build runs:

Deflector: Temporal
    Impulse Engine: Competitive
    Core: Temporal
    Shield: Competitive

But I don't necessarily recommend going for the competitive two set. I just use it because it brings my builds CtrlX up to the magic 400 for maximum well size with a minimum of overshoot. Your needs may very.

I really was in close consideration of your setup as well on my sci. The Comp Engines are just too great to fly and the shield feels more stable with the 5% bleed through compared to the Temporal shield.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    the braydon core gives a boost to Control, and the quantum phase impulse boosts EPG
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Great stuff here. I too use the Quantum Phase impulse engines. I use the Temporal core and shields.

Will definitely take a look at the Bajor deflector. Kind of wondering, what are the stats of the Bajor deflector with all EPG and epic?