test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

meeting the tholians

joeybehr52joeybehr52 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
I wish we could open a dialogue with the tholians and explore their hot hot house world. We could play upon the mission where the Nakul were trying to kill the queen and we transported to the queens ship and fought and she said "that we are not like the other"...start from there..
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Still no T6 Meshweaver, Orb Weaver, or Recluse release either. :/
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Main issue with that is that officially the team who boarded the Colony ship wasn't there. They were able to convince the Tholians that they weren't a threat though.

Also the Tholians are rather Xenophobic and prefer to not let anyone into their borders. Relations with the Tholian Assembly has always been somewhat cold.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    Still no T6 Meshweaver, Orb Weaver, or Recluse release either. :/

I've wanted a T6 Recluse since T6 was introduced, it's my Nova :(

• Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Breen Tholian alliance. Tie up both xenophobic, expansionist empires in one story thread.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Would a Breen/Tholian alliance make sense? One likes burning hot temperatures and the other likes frozen cryo-suits. Seems they’d be the two least likely races to ever have any sort of shared reasoning to work together.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    artan42 wrote: »
    Breen Tholian alliance. Tie up both xenophobic, expansionist empires in one story thread.

The Anti-Alliance Alliance? :D Death to the Alliance!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    feralaffferalaff Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    I like tholians. So i support the idea to see more of them!
    Instead, even with their involvement i prefer tholians as a strong xenophobic race.

They're very alien. Very different. And that's right to consider the possibility we simply can't be friends with all aliens...just because we can't really understand each others.

• Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    For a moment in my mind, "Meet the Tholiashians"... but no, thank god!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Agreed.

The Tholians are a thread that has been left semi-hanging.
    They weren't though. The Tholian's actions were explained in "Time and Tide"
    Tholians aren't expansionist. In fact, one of their key traits is how little they care about expanding their territory.

Thy are in STO. Their terrority keeps expanding into alternate universes and they're trying to take New Romulus.
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Would a Breen/Tholian alliance make sense? One likes burning hot temperatures and the other likes frozen cryo-suits. Seems they’d be the two least likely races to ever have any sort of shared reasoning to work together.

They can both commiserate about not being able to move around on standard worlds without their encounter suits.
    thay8472 wrote: »

The only logical alliance. I expect a full Foundry mission series about this alliance by next Wednesday please.

Don't go mad. Five missions should do it.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    The Recluse should be the next Tholian ship in line for T6 treatment.
  • Options
    Agreed.

Tholians aren't expansionist. In fact, one of their key traits is how little they care about expanding their territory.

Thy are in STO. Their terrority keeps expanding into alternate universes and they're trying to take New Romulus.

They can both commiserate about not being able to move around on standard worlds without their encounter suits.

The only logical alliance. I expect a full Foundry mission series about this alliance by next Wednesday please.

Don't go mad. Five missions should do it.​​

Yes sir, mr Artan sir!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    Agreed.

Don't go mad. Five missions should do it.

Yes sir, mr Artan sir!

And no poor excuses about the Foundry currently being down. That should prove no obstacle for the sufficiently determined.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options

And no poor excuses about the Foundry currently being down. That should prove no obstacle for the sufficiently determined.​​

Yes sir, Mr Artan, sir ... please ... anything but the shockey monkey!

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Main issue with that is that officially the team who boarded the Colony ship wasn't there. They were able to convince the Tholians that they weren't a threat though.

Also the Tholians are rather Xenophobic and prefer to not let anyone into their borders. Relations with the Tholian Assembly has always been somewhat cold.

and yet Sisko scored Tholian silk from the Ambassador. who "owed him a favor"
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    The Tholians seem to be hinted at being some sort of keepers of the timeline, they seem to be pan-dimensional and have an almost extremist view of temporal shenanigans.
    I think there’s a lot of scope for a really interesting story arc there, why are they always so involved in temporal stuff.

Plus something I’d love to see fleshed out is why there are Tholians swarming round the Crystalline Entity all the time. Do they worship it as a god? It is their creator or some form of super evolved Tholian sub-species?
    SulMatuul.png
This discussion has been closed.