test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Preeminent stats after quality upgrades ?

rattleshark#0665 rattleshark Member Posts: 78 Arc User
On one of my toons i am runnng dual beam tet set up with Preeminent deflector shield and core , i am looking for stats on these after they gain quality improvements. When i mose over it only shows ????. I checked youtube and wiki and i am not finding any info other than what the mouseover tool tip says , ????.

Comments

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    pryor#5476 wrote: »
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Incontrovertible_Defenses#Preeminent_Deflector

The link above will show you what you get for quality upgrade.
    Wow that set boosts Tetryon DMG 30%, but has absolutely NO DrainX, tell me if that defector can be re-engineered to get DrainX?

No, the preeminent set cannot be re-engineered at all. I just tried.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Incontrovertible_Defenses#Preeminent_Deflector

The link above will show you what you get for quality upgrade.
    Wow that set boosts Tetryon DMG 30%, but has absolutely NO DrainX, tell me if that defector can be re-engineered to get DrainX?

I get some drain from the consoles , the control helps out in other areas , i use gravwell to help keep targets in my forward arc and gravwell also triggers particle feedback loop from 31c sci starship trait. the main focus on this build is not exotic , like any other beam , Tet will damage shields even when it does not proc , once the shields are down tet proc does nothing for you , hull pen does.
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    On one of my toons i am runnng dual beam tet set up with Preeminent deflector shield and core , i am looking for stats on these after they gain quality improvements. When i mose over it only shows ????. I checked youtube and wiki and i am not finding any info other than what the mouseover tool tip says , ????.

I am one of the few people still updating the wiki.. I belive its a CntlX modifier AT ultra rare.. When I get home Ill update that page.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

I am one of the few people still updating the wiki.. I belive its a CntlX modifier AT ultra rare.. When I get home Ill update that page.

Thank you for that!

I use that Wiki quite a bit and really appreciate players like you that keep it up to date.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options

Thank you for that!

I use that Wiki quite a bit and really appreciate players like you that keep it up to date.

Np!

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options

Thank you for that!

I use wiki and youtube a lot for checking on gear stats , it helps when trying to anticipate what my power and skill levels will be after i upgrade.
    My Tetryon / Ainti-Chroniton [Pen] Turret build does very good, once shields drop it chews you up, the problem is I'll lose too much DrainX if I use this set, I'll gain 30% Tetryon Damage, then I'll lose 155 Drain, not a good trade off, this set only is good for a Tank Style build DPS using Tetryon, not for stripping shields, with my current lvl of DrainX I remove about 2000 shields every time they proc.

Here is a short vid i made , it should give you an idea of what i am trying to build.
    https://youtu.be/7IBgkYSvWSc
  • Options

Thank you for that!

I use wiki and youtube a lot for checking on gear stats , it helps when trying to anticipate what my power and skill levels will be after i upgrade.
    My Tetryon / Ainti-Chroniton [Pen] Turret build does very good, once shields drop it chews you up, the problem is I'll lose too much DrainX if I use this set, I'll gain 30% Tetryon Damage, then I'll lose 155 Drain, not a good trade off, this set only is good for a Tank Style build DPS using Tetryon, not for stripping shields, with my current lvl of DrainX I remove about 2000 shields every time they proc.

Here is a short vid i made , it should give you an idea of what i am trying to build.

Curious as to why you Made the LTC universal Science.Instead of Tac or Using Intel Abilities for that Seat.
    Say...Faw 3 ..OSS2 and Whatever for the ensign seat?

Aux 2 Bat is also a Very nice option on that ship..If you had Cold Heated Trait youd add another Beta 3 level debuff when you hit aux2bat.

If your Going to stick with your current set up..You should have Improved Gravity Well for the Debuff and Lower recharge time for Gravity well.

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options

Thank you for that!

Curious as to why you Made the LTC universal Science.Instead of Tac or Using Intel Abilities for that Seat.

Aux 2 Bat is also a Very nice option on that ship..If you had Cold Heated Trait youd add another Beta 3 level debuff when you hit aux2bat.

If your Going to stick with your current set up..You should have Improved Gravity Well for the Debuff and Lower recharge time for Gravity well.

Putting Sci in the universal seat is the only way i can reach gravwell , this also allows me to use hazzard emmiters (removes debuffs) , extend shields with sci team 1 keeps shields up and removes debuffs , even in borg RA. and Tykins Rift refreshes particle feedback loop (hull pen)
    Torp spread 3 gives all 3 stacks of supercharged weapons in 1 shot , kemocite explodes 100% with projectiles so anything hit with spread 3 gets kemo.
    I do not have the Breen or Andorian ships for those traits you mentionded but the Improved Gravwell trait is something i will get when i can afford the ship. I will trade checkmate out for improved gravwell when i can.
  • Options

Thank you for that!

Putting Sci in the universal seat is the only way i can reach gravwell , this also allows me to use hazzard emmiters (removes debuffs) , extend shields with sci team 1 keeps shields up and removes debuffs , even in borg RA. and Tykins Rift refreshes particle feedback loop (hull pen)
    Torp spread 3 gives all 3 stacks of supercharged weapons in 1 shot , kemocite explodes 100% with projectiles so anything hit with spread 3 gets kemo.
    I do not have the Breen or Andorian ships for those traits you mentionded but the Improved Gravwell trait is something i will get when i can afford the ship. I will trade checkmate out for improved gravwell when i can.

Hull Pen is the Weaker variant of Armor Pen. Unless you were running ALOT of things for Armor pen (which I dont see) you wont miss that trait..Good one to replace for the Improved gravity well trait.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Skill:_Hull_Penetration

Lists of all the Pens that I could remember.

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options

Thank you for that!

Hull Pen is the Weaker variant of Armor Pen. Unless you were running ALOT of things for Armor pen (which I dont see) you wont miss that trait..Good one to replace for the Improved gravity well trait.

It's a work in progress.
    50 hull Pen skill = 5 Armor pen , i have 100 from the tree and 150 more from particle feedback loop , 5 armor pen from rep trait that does not show on global hull pen skill. That is 30 Armor pen for all weapons. 2 of my Dual beams are crafted with Armor Pen. My crafted Omni is meh but it is going to take time to get one with Pen.
    With only 2 sci console slots , this ship will never be great with exoctic , it was not meant to spike that , good enough exotic to support the ship weapons is all you can hope for. If i put this set up on a sci ship i am trading at least 1 ship weapon for secondary deflector , tac and engi slots for sci, then i could spike exotic/drain/control but lose direct beam damage. Considering the 300mil ec price tag on Paradox i don't know if i want to go that rout.
  • Options

Thank you for that!

It's a work in progress.
    50 hull Pen skill = 5 Armor pen , i have 100 from the tree and 150 more from particle feedback loop , 5 armor pen from rep trait that does not show on global hull pen skill. That is 30 Armor pen for all weapons. 2 of my Dual beams are crafted with Armor Pen. My crafted Omni is meh but it is going to take time to get one with Pen.
    With only 2 sci console slots , this ship will never be great with exoctic , it was not meant to spike that , good enough exotic to support the ship weapons is all you can hope for. If i put this set up on a sci ship i am trading at least 1 ship weapon for secondary deflector , tac and engi slots for sci, then i could spike exotic/drain/control but lose direct beam damage. Considering the 300mil ec price tag on Paradox i don't know if i want to go that rout.

Paradox is not a Bad Ship.A bit big for me as I prefer smaller more nimber craft..Tho ..currently ..My Paradox is Trashing Elite Swarm Que all by itself..

Hrmmm..you know..If you were running Intel Spec and the Rep Temporal Weapon Set you could get another 50Ap with just the click of 2 buttons..

..If you had Harrying Maneuvers trait (Bajoran Event Escort) that would beat Particle feedback loop as all you need is Emergency power to engines..Its 10 vs 15 armor pen..Coupled with Subwarp Sheath (Pilot Ship If I recall) thats anther 15 Armor pen and all your doin is flying fast ;P

But I imagine its super hard to get all 3 stacks with GW + Tykens without alot of science cooldown...I wonder if Tachyon Beam counts as an Exotic Damage..THAT (if it worked) would be superior to running Tykens as that can be brought down to 15 seconds.

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

Thank you for that!

If you're just looking for pure damage output using DBB's, Odin's suggestions would give you a huge boost. If you have something specific you like better, it's all good of course, you should always do things the way that works best for you, but these ideas will really increase your damage output.

Recently, I wanted something different to do and I had a bunch of Epic Phaser DBB's sitting in my bank. I was holding onto them from back before engineering, they're were Epic but didn't come out with the 'perfect' mods. Now that we can re-engineer mods, I decided to put these to use. I have never been a big fan of DBB's but I figured I would give it a shot using my Fleet Avenger and man.. that ship puts out some serious damage using DBB's. It's a really great setup for the Avenger.

If you did decide to change things over, you don't need the Cold Hearted trait to run Aux2Bat. Yes, it's a great trait but it just takes a good thing and makes it better, you can still go that route without that trait. If you like what you have then by all means, stay with it.. what's important is that you like the build and that you have fun playing it.

If however, you just want some suggestions to expand upon Odin's suggestions, This is what I am running on my Avenger currently. It's not the same as yours, and doesn't have Gravity Well, but man.. this thing is just.. brutal. I run Tetryon DBB's on my Fleet Phantom, I do Phaser on the Avenger, but obviously you can easily adapt it to Tetryon if you wish.

Again, this is just for ideas.. in no way am I saying this is 'right' or you should do it that way. Please take it for what it is, a template for suggestions.. nothing more. Maybe there is something there that you like, if not.. all good. From watching your video, it doesn't seem like you're having too much trouble, it was a good run.. just throwing out ideas. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options

Thank you for that!

It's a work in progress.

Paradox is not a Bad Ship.A bit big for me as I prefer smaller more nimber craft..Tho ..currently ..My Paradox is Trashing Elite Swarm Que all by itself..

Hrmmm..you know..If you were running Intel Spec and the Rep Temporal Weapon Set you could get another 50Ap with just the click of 2 buttons..

..If you had Harrying Maneuvers trait (Bajoran Event Escort) that would beat Particle feedback loop as all you need is Emergency power to engines..Its 10 vs 15 armor pen..Coupled with Subwarp Sheath (Pilot Ship If I recall) thats anther 15 Armor pen and all your doin is flying fast ;P

But I imagine its super hard to get all 3 stacks with GW + Tykens without alot of science cooldown...I wonder if Tachyon Beam counts as an Exotic Damage..THAT (if it worked) would be superior to running Tykens as that can be brought down to 15 seconds.

Tacyon beam counts as exotic if you have electric damage attached from the skill tree. The cooldown on Gravwell from imroved gravwell would allow me to make the change from Rift to Tac beam or any other LT. SCI , i use rift because it is aoe and the power drain sheds damage even without high exotic.
    The rotaion i use for stacking particle feedback buff is - Aceton beam -> Structual Integrity collapse -> Gravwell (also triggers checkmate) , Rift has shared cooldown with gravwell , comes up 15 seconds later and refreshes Particle feedback loop.
    I was hoping the shield drain utility from Tet would be strong enough to be useful in a team setting without a lot of help from draixX , it isn't. The basic idea was , get some shield drain from Tete exposing the hull faster but focus on hull damage , in a solo setting it works , i melt the facing i am attacking right away but the proc does not do much to the side facings , so a team member attacking from another side will not get much help.
  • Options
    Yea..the Proc from Tets shield drain is negligible in PVE.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Tetryon_Beam_Array#Tetryon_proc <- Check out that link for # of DrainX vist tet proc

The Quantum Phase Weapon Set is Superior for shield drain (Even with love drain X).
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Quantum_Phase_Catalysts#Quantum_Phase_and_Torpedo_proc.2Fstats <- Check it out.

Tykens is good but the Drain AOE will take several seconds to drain ships that can be drained (Not all NPCS seem to be affected)
    Also what you see in the tool tip is probably not what your getting on NPCS..My most Recent test on Player controlled Escort with only mk 12 shields and 100 drain x) netted Half or less the applied drain of tykens vs my 800 DrainX boat (meaning I was doing -100 all every second and only ended up with - 30ish)

Seriously..With All the Exotic your trying to use you should probably be in a Science ship.

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Tetryon_Beam_Array#Tetryon_proc <- Check out that link for # of DrainX vist tet proc

The Quantum Phase Weapon Set is Superior for shield drain (Even with love drain X).
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Quantum_Phase_Catalysts#Quantum_Phase_and_Torpedo_proc.2Fstats <- Check it out.

Tykens is good but the Drain AOE will take several seconds to drain ships that can be drained (Not all NPCS seem to be affected)
    Also what you see in the tool tip is probably not what your getting on NPCS..My most Recent test on Player controlled Escort with only mk 12 shields and 100 drain x) netted Half or less the applied drain of tykens vs my 800 DrainX boat (meaning I was doing -100 all every second and only ended up with - 30ish)

Seriously..With All the Exotic your trying to use you should probably be in a Science ship.

I agree,particle feedback was intended to supplement weapon damage on a sci ship using BOFF powers you are already using IMO. I wanted to apply it to a ship with 8 forward firing weapons , the Avenger has the platform and seating to allow this but TET is not the best weapon choice , the proc is too weak to be of use without investing heavily into drain and is outperformed by Quantom phase no matter what you do.
    So i have some choices to make , if i stay with this rotation on Avenger and change weapon and space sets i can pick up exotic/drain/control , the nausican disruptor set also has + 50 hull pen set bonus and the proc on DIS is damage resist debuff , it's a better fit.
    If i want to stay with Tet i need to find a sci ship with good seating , Paradox and Sphere builders both have 4 forward weapons with good seating and pets but i am not invested in flight deck. Sphere builders has the same base turn as Avenger , 9 degrees. I have 20k shield facing on the Avenger with this set up , it would be more on any sci.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

I agree,particle feedback was intended to supplement weapon damage on a sci ship using BOFF powers you are already using IMO. I wanted to apply it to a ship with 8 forward firing weapons , the Avenger has the platform and seating to allow this but TET is not the best weapon choice , the proc is too weak to be of use without investing heavily into drain and is outperformed by Quantom phase no matter what you do.
    So i have some choices to make , if i stay with this rotation on Avenger and change weapon and space sets i can pick up exotic/drain/control , the nausican disruptor set also has + 50 hull pen set bonus and the proc on DIS is damage resist debuff , it's a better fit.
    If i want to stay with Tet i need to find a sci ship with good seating , Paradox and Sphere builders both have 4 forward weapons with good seating and pets but i am not invested in flight deck. Sphere builders has the same base turn as Avenger , 9 degrees. I have 20k shield facing on the Avenger with this set up , it would be more on any sci.

What is "Good" seating on a Sci ship? I presently run a Romulan Dyson Sci destroyer and have no issues in PVE (Elite) ..Althogh I do run a Paradox on my Tac from time to time...I mostly stick to Smaller more maneuverable sci ships over the Sci dreads.

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options

What is "Good" seating on a Sci ship? I presently run a Romulan Dyson Sci destroyer and have no issues in PVE (Elite) ..Althogh I do run a Paradox on my Tac from time to time...I mostly stick to Smaller more maneuverable sci ships over the Sci dreads.

No matter what Commander seat i have , i like to have LT. Commander in the other 2 , example Sci has Commader sci , add LT Commader tac i can reach torp spread 3 or W/E , LT. Commander, eng allows e-power to weapons 3 or any other LT. Commader eng .
  • Options
    I bought the Andorian pilot escort for improved gravwell and took it for a test drive , i don't have the trait ulocked yet but it's a nice ship , i like it.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

No matter what Commander seat i have , i like to have LT. Commander in the other 2 , example Sci has Commader sci , add LT Commader tac i can reach torp spread 3 or W/E , LT. Commander, eng allows e-power to weapons 3 or any other LT. Commader eng .

Ok..So..for you conditions are:

Commader sci
    LTC tac
    LTC eng

That...is a really short list.

Sci Dreadnaughts:
    Krenim Annorax Science Dreadnought
    Paradox Temporal Dreadnought
    Son'a Collector Science Dreadnought
    Crossfield-class Science Spearhead

Those seats (Except Cardassian) due to the universals.

Multimissions (Sci Ships with Hangars):
    Palatine Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
    Eternal Temporal Multi-Mission Science Vessel

Science ships:
    Sphere Builder Edoulg Science Vessel
    Fleet Advanced Research Vessel
    Fleet Nautilus Temporal Science Vessel

What I find funny is I use..Really only 1 of these all the time (The Romulan Equivalent to the Palatine).For me, most of these are too big or slow and nearly all have hangars..Good luck. Hope this helps your choices.

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options

Ok..So..for you conditions are:

Commader sci
    LTC tac
    LTC eng

That...is a really short list.

Sci Dreadnaughts:
    Krenim Annorax Science Dreadnought
    Paradox Temporal Dreadnought
    Son'a Collector Science Dreadnought
    Crossfield-class Science Spearhead

Those seats (Except Cardassian) due to the universals.

Multimissions (Sci Ships with Hangars):
    Palatine Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
    Eternal Temporal Multi-Mission Science Vessel

Science ships:
    Sphere Builder Edoulg Science Vessel
    Fleet Advanced Research Vessel
    Fleet Nautilus Temporal Science Vessel

What I find funny is I use..Really only 1 of these all the time (The Romulan Equivalent to the Palatine).For me, most of these are too big or slow and nearly all have hangars..Good luck. Hope this helps your choices.

I am looking at all these . It will be some time before i can buy anything from c-store , i just bought the Andorian for improved gravwell and have been donating a lot of dil to my fleet , we have everything but colony maxed and it is lvl 4.
    Another ship that cought my eye was the Fleet t6 lukari scout ship , basically a sci ship with raider flanking.