test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

JH characters unable to contribute all bound Doffs to projects/reassignments

majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
edited August 2018 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
My lvl 65 Fed-alligned free JH character can contribute some of his bound Doffs to fleet projects or reassignments, but not all of them. I know this is not how it's supposed to work, because I have another character, a lvl 25 Temporal Agent, that has 4 of the same bound common/white Doffs as he does, and she can contribute them to projects, or use them in reassignments just fine, and other characters have done so, as well. These are mostly from the 'First Compliment' pack for unlocking the Doff system (at lvl 11 for regular characters, after the tutorial/faction selection for JH). The specific Doffs that the TA can contribute, but the JH can not, are: Brian Sisko Anderson, Shellar Kurn, Selaak, and Romero Tybalt Smith. Others from this pack are showing as being available for these systems, like Movot; others I can't confirm, becuase I think I already turned them in on the TA for uncommon/green quality Doffs. EDIT: Can now confirm, on a JH Fed alligned character, NONE of the 'First Compliment' Doffs are available for either 'Reassign Underperforming Officers', or for 'Contribute Common Tac/Eng/Sci Doffs' Fleet Projects. My other 4 pure Fed characters that have any left from this first pack CAN contribute them to both.

This also happens for other qualities of Doffs (uncommon/green, rare/blue), as well, making this a block right now, since he's gotten almost to his max Doffs, and still has Gamma Doff packs to earn/claim from doing Gamma Rectruit tasks.
Post edited by majorhalcyon on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2018
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    The First Complement doffs you get are specifically flagged as both uncontributable and unpureeable. This makes them complete wastes of your doff roster space that you have to airlock one by one.

Did you not read my whole post, where I confirmed that the other 4 Fed characters I have, that have the exact same Doffs in their roster, are able to contribute them? One character still has all but 2 left, and they are all contributable to reassignments or Fleet Projects for that character...

And it's not just the 'First Compliment' ones that he can't contribute to: other 'bound' doffs of all rarities aren't showing, either, when I know this should not be the case (again, other characters have bound Doffs available to those systems).
  • Options
    Yep, just confirmed: this is not an issue with the 'First Complement' Doffs being unusable in projects/reassignments. All of my Romulan characters can contribute what that have left (2 of them being older ones; my 'main' who has 8, and my Reman KDF who has all of them still), and, most importantly, that inlcudes a brand new Delta Recruit, created about 2 weeks before ViL went live.

Seems to confirm my suspicion that it's a Jem'Hadar problem...
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    They visibly LOOK the same, but have different internal IDs specifically designed to prevent you from doing this.

Well, if you have a source, by all means, share it. Until then, I have to assume it's a bug, since every single one of my other characters on the account can contribute those Doffs to projects/reassignments.

Maybe @chrian#9670 can do some digging and find out for me? Please? It's driving me up a wall, since he has his '10 Uncommon Doffs' from hitting 2xRank 2 sitting there, becuase he doesn't have room, to say nothing of the 2 '5 rares' and the Gold reward he has left to finish...
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    jhd 1st batch of doffs is 49 total, from white to purple... all of then are locked. you get jack for dismissing also. that is to prevent folks from making a toon and finishing the tutorial and grinding these out an deleting jhd and repeat.

yeah the 1st batch of doffs for fed, kdf & rom can be used but the time invested to get to L10 (11?) is longer than it takes for you to finish the JHD tutorial missions to select a faction.
  • Options
    tigeraries wrote: »
    jhd 1st batch of doffs is 49 total, from white to purple... all of then are locked. you get jack for dismissing also. that is to prevent folks from making a toon and finishing the tutorial and grinding these out an deleting jhd and repeat.

yeah the 1st batch of doffs for fed, kdf & rom can be used but the time invested to get to L10 (11?) is longer than it takes for you to finish the JHD tutorial missions to select a faction.

I get what you are saying, sure, even though it really makes no sense to lock Doffs like this; however, the issue stems from this: other Doffs in that group that are bound to him are showing as being able to be contributed to projects or reassigned through the Personnel contact. That is what is giving me such confusion and frustration over this, on top of seeing no way that the 'First Compliment' Doffs for him should be flagged any differently than all other characters...