Was mean't to be a fun thread. But has turned into a farce
Post edited by eazzie on

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    It's because you don't use descriptive thread titles :(
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Cryptic is really really bad with inventory controls...and weird things can show up any place at all at any minute at all and exactly where they didn't put it before.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    It's because you don't use descriptive thread titles :(
    Shouldn't write threads at 3 am ish when brain isn't fully functioning lol

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I just assume this was a mistake that will be fixed later.

Definitely not worth an 'emergency patch' but it is kinda odd.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I speculate their methods of using and stopping to use events code, seems to be strange. They seem to fix or update some things (only) "locally" and then after that may use (or stop using) sessional/event specific (or otherwise imported) code which may override changes previously made which should have been stayed. Sometimes repeating this cycle each year having to repeatedly fix an issue at the end of event term, for example.

Previously fixed bugs might return I suppose as well
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User

Made after this. It is however hardly a gameplay bug. It is just huh what's going on. We've gone a wibbly wobbly timey whimey
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    I heard a vicious rumor that Dr Cooper is really an Undine infiltrator!
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    eazzie wrote: »

Made after this. It is however hardly a gameplay bug. It is just huh what's going on. We've gone a wibbly wobbly timey whimey

This makes it especially funny considering what you said regarding timing :) along with this bug reference and me reporting a topic created after this one (no, I didn't notice that then) - sorry about that though.

I did refer to the other topic since it was created in the bug report section though
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Cryptic is really really bad with inventory controls...and weird things can show up any place at all at any minute at all and exactly where they didn't put it before.

Which is another way of saying they're sloppy and uncoordinated. Programmers should work with strict repository regimes, as to what code to use, and what not. In reality, though, Q.E.D., it's more like "Ooo, we have some shiny old DS9 code lying around, let's jus stick that in, and hope it works!" This is why old bugs keep resurfacing: they fix stuff, then use older code, later on, and the bug is right back (recent example: landing page that was supposed to only show at first login).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    I just assume this was a mistake that will be fixed later.

Definitely not worth an 'emergency patch' but it is kinda odd.

Given, it's not a gameplay bug, but it's still a rather worrisome sign that there are management problems somewhere along the line of production...
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    FFS it's a completely uninteresting sign that there are humans working at Cryptic, who occasionally do things like mistype a word or click on the wrong picture to put on the effin load screens. :needsarolleyesemoji:

If these here forums weren't so perpetually negative, this thread would be full of wild speculation of what easter egg they're hinting at. :disappointed:
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    ashstorm1 wrote: »
    Given, it's not a gameplay bug, but it's still a rather worrisome sign that there are management problems somewhere along the line of production...

If you're looking for "signs of management problems" in a guaranteed response variable (bug occurring in a live video game) you might as well be looking for animal shapes in cloudscapes for signs of what the weather's going to be tomorrow. You can't pull data from an observation whose meaning relies on your projected interpretation.
    warpangel wrote: »
    If these here forums weren't so perpetually negative, this thread would be full of wild speculation of what easter egg they're hinting at. :disappointed:

They teased on ten forward last night that STLV may include an STO announcement.
    #ChangelingWasAnUndine
    #TardigradeEmpireInvadesFromFluidicSpace
    #IHopeTheseArentAnyonesActualHandles
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The content of some News Blogs that have been 'inaccurate' and noted as such have been reused in future Blogs uncorrected

This Phoenix Prize Pack Event having an issue of forcing you to go to Drozana to turn in the freebie Daily even when you picked it up at DS9 to begin with

'Skills Invalid' for Gamma Recruits after the patch yesterday.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    > @crashdragon said:
    > I heard that Kurland duplicated himself as a hologram and is terrorizing Starfleet.

Actually he was terrorizing the KDF. :wink:
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Its the lack of proofreading and checking info on blog posts that has spilled into the game.

Or a purge that will result in a new screenshot competition.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I heard a vicious rumor that Dr Cooper is really an Undine infiltrator!

I heard that Kurland duplicated himself as a hologram and is terrorizing Starfleet.

It is a psychokinetic manifestation...a.k.a. a poltergeist. Yup, Cryptic's has ghosts in their machines.
    Probably could be cured with a sage smudging and a good dose of alphabetizing.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    starswordc wrote: »
    > @crashdragon said:
    > I heard that Kurland duplicated himself as a hologram and is terrorizing Starfleet.

And people laugh at me for having pit full of these...

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Cannibal_Tribble

Heeeere Kurland Kurland Kurland...
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    starswordc wrote: »
    > @crashdragon said:

And people laugh at me for having pit full of these...

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Cannibal_Tribble

Heeeere Kurland Kurland Kurland...
    those don't eat holograms :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    [Mod Hat] Thread closed by request of OP. [/Mod Hat]
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
This discussion has been closed.