test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher refuses to patch

daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
It sat at the maybe screen for about 5 minutes, then hung at ZERO percent for another 10 minutes.

Is there a reason my account has been banned?
My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.

Answers

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    This doesn't mean your account has been banned.

Your problem could be a packed patch server, your own inet or even your computer.

Someone with more knowledge than I will probably come in soon.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    Back in the day, like 3-4 years ago, the launcher would load in but say the game was unavailable if you were banned. Other times it get stuck patching because the priority was set to last so banned accounts were unable to get in even if they logged in properly. So it is possible.

I've cleared my cache, disc cleanup, reset modem, restarted computer, DNS flush, all the obvious. The only thing left to do is delete and redownload the game....but that would literally take overnight and into tomorrow. 16 gigs takes a while. If that is my only option I might just leave forever again. But permanently this time. If PWE doesn't want me they can just ban or delete my account and get it over with. I honestly don't care what they think anymore.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I still don't think you've been banned, but threatening to leave won't get you anything. In fact, it's a no-no here.

No one cares anyway.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    I pointed out a valid concern. Sorry you've elevated yourself above me.

Anyway it did finally load in....after like 25 minutes. Then it hung on the load screen stuck at 40%. I'm a lifer with priority cuing, so I have a right to complain whether or not you personally agree or care. I also asked for an answer, not your personal opinion.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Flaming people who have taken an interest in trying to address your concerns is not a good way to go. If you're having technical issues, there is a technical support subforum to ask such questions. You may also file a ticket with customer support. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.