test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ship Equipment Visuals (Looking for Red)

setalia#9914 setalia Member Posts: 22 Arc User
I've been working on a red theme for one of my ships. Name (GARNET CROW), red patterns, antiproton weapons, etc. Now I would like to find a ship equipment set (for shields, deflector, impulse engines) with red visuals, to place in the visuals slots. Are there any items for this?
Love&Peace
Seta

Comments

• Options
    night44450night44450 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    While i have a fairly large selection of ship equips with visuals, I checked the shields and none of the 1s I had had heavy red visuals on em, the other parts again they my not have obvious red tones to em. I cant speak for the co-op rep sets though i havent unlocked those yet.
  • Options
    Drat. Oh well, maybe someday my wish will come true. Thanks for checking.:)
    Love&Peace
    Seta
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The Iconian Shield has red highlights that it puts on the hull of the ship.

It's probably not exactly what you're looking for, but it's the only one I can think of with Red. You can see a sample picture here.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    charon83charon83 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Well that really depends on how your monitor is configured, for me the iconian one is purple or mostly purple. If you want some red try the "Cygnus" paint on your ship parts and then color them accordingly, they cover most of the "secondary" parts of the hull. So far there is not one single shield or engine that has red [i have every reputation set currently in the game] in it, the boseman impulse has a strong orange flare which changes according to speed (normal - full impulse etc).

The only thing where you get a somewhat red-ish look for parts is with the terran rep shield and then experiment with the hull material, on some rare occasions (and ships) it turns out more red than orange but still probably not what you're looking for. Best thing you can do is to experiment with different hull skins and paint. Although almost all the shield and engine skins come with some ugly parts that ruin the look for me personally. Maybe you can do something with the new jem'hadar stuff coming tuesday since it's mostly pink with stark outlines, but i doubt it very much, if anyhting that'll be a freak composition with a special ship and a special skin variation if any.
  • Options
    jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    I know Klingons get red aegis sets for deflectors and impulse trails feds can only use the blue version
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    I've been working on a red theme for one of my ships. Name (GARNET CROW), red patterns, antiproton weapons, etc. Now I would like to find a ship equipment set (for shields, deflector, impulse engines) with red visuals, to place in the visuals slots. Are there any items for this?

if you are KDF I believe the Aegis set gives you a red Tron look

Spock.jpg

• Options
    Seta here!
    if you are KDF I believe the Aegis set gives you a red Tron look
    I do have a KDF character, but this is for one of my Federation characters.

The Iconian Shield has red highlights that it puts on the hull of the ship.

It's probably not exactly what you're looking for, but it's the only one I can think of with Red. You can see a sample picture here.

I am almost at tier 5 of the Iconian reputation, so I'll be able to give it a try soon.

Thanks for all of the feedback. Much appreciated!

Love&Peace
    Seta