test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Elachi Weekend!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
The Elachi return to threaten the galaxy...and give Captains on PC 50% bonus marks, this weekend!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10852704

Comments

• Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Elachi Alert + 50% bonus marks? Sounds good to me!
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    rebuilthk47rebuilthk47 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    "The Elachi have been doing with their captives,..."

OH NO! Not that! How horrible! It's so barbaric when a species does with their captives! They must be stopped!

:D I just had to.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

OH NO! Not that! How horrible! It's so barbaric when a species does with their captives! They must be stopped!

The Elachi are just helping them rejuvenate... I have proof. Look at D'vex. At the start during the Rom tutorial he is ole and wrinkly. When they "Rescue" him from the Elachi, he is years younger. Just look at the scene and compare em.
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    The fungi they use I think is something like what is used in Oil of Olay...

It can help YOU look younger too!
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited March 2018

Oil of Olachi? :#

But, seriously, why don't I remember doing this Elachi weekend before?
    :: scratches head ::
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »

The Elachi are just helping them rejuvenate... I have proof. Look at D'vex. At the start during the Rom tutorial he is ole and wrinkly. When they "Rescue" him from the Elachi, he is years younger. Just look at the scene and compare em.

Hr still smells funny though. Even the Tal Shiar at the mountain pass have noticed this even though they blame the Klingons.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User

I also noticed the universal translator did a woops when I read it.
  • Options
    kaggert27kaggert27 Member Posts: 138 Arc User

Oil of Olachi? :#

But, seriously, why don't I remember doing this Elachi weekend before?
    :: scratches head ::

Would not mind an Item called that during summer event for the heck of it, can even make it apply a. regen and slight damage resistance to environmental hazards, toxins, and last for some time... could even put in the description that having Alliance missions into Elachi ships and subspace "growth farms" a vigilant scientist had found a compound that was extracted and found to have properties for such, and due to vigilant Ferengi meddling in acquiring goods, stumbled upon substance from questionable sources for a profit

Also off topic: People TRIBBLE about the Kobali and their methods of waiting for people to die before turning them into themselves...what if the Iconians servitor race of the Solanae made the virus that makes the Kobali, which were one of the offshoots of the experiment to make another servitor race one out of a dead one... Remember, nothing said we would not be dealing with the Solanae or the Elachi again, only that the Iconians and Heralds pulled out... So would be good reason to have a storyline dealing with the Solanae, Elachi, and Kobali (and I guess the Vaadwaur) again...
  • Options
    fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    C'mon guys this is a very old mission and you have STILL not fixed the AFK penalty for people who play the mission exactly as it is described.

I kill multiple ships but spend most of time using passivator tools YOU gave me to close the gate for the optional bonus, and THEN I go kill things. I actively go kill things on the second step and I still randomly get the AFK penalty.

Stop telling people in interviews you guys actively fix obvious bugs. Most of them I can handle but when I get an AFK penalty for playing your mission the way you designed it - is simply not acceptable. This bug is older than half my dogs and cats.

Just fix it already. Take some pride in your work.
  • Options
    jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Elachi Alert + 50% bonus marks? Sounds good to me!

Didn't this mission give 15 marks before, so we get 50% more of 15?
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    So no weekend event vouchers for this then?
  • Options
    r0m#7631 r0m Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    This is great! Keep on bringing something different to do every weekend, even if its not a voucher event. The extra marks is pretty neat and with decent firepower, this is done in 5 mins. I wouldn't do it for weeks, but will do for the long weekend.

Cheers!
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    r0m#7631 wrote: »
    This is great! Keep on bringing something different to do every weekend, even if its not a voucher event. The extra marks is pretty neat and with decent firepower, this is done in 5 mins. I wouldn't do it for weeks, but will do for the long weekend.

Cheers!

Only needs one or two with firepower and the brains to notice that harvesters are immune to slows and whatnot until they start sooking science teams off the npc ships.

Goes much faster if 2-3 folk head to the arms of the gate and spam the F out of it as you can easily get the % to over halfway done before the npc's even get close.