test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What would you like to see in the GPL store?

Since we all can assume that the gpl store will be updated with new items, what would be the things you want to see and buy in there?
My personal wishlist would be:
Nagus staff replica
Ferengi outfits
Nagus marauder ship (probably like a billion gpl)
More holomitters
Gpl to lobi conversion ( 1 lobi for 10k gpl)
More tattoos and scar options you can buy
Ship and personal equipment, gpl based (gold and shiny stuff)

So like the title, what would you like to be added to the gpl store?

Comments

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Clothes and gear would be cool but I won't hold my breath. I doubt we'll see any kind of actually desireable GPL items anytime soon. IF they add something it's either gonna be the same garbage stuff we've had till now or something so hilarious and ridiculously expensive that no one will bother. *points at dil store*

But at least now all my charatcers have all 4 sunglasses unlocked. B)
  • Options
    captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    Another idea that just popped in, ground trophy: Dabo table (functional)
    If the gpl to lobi becomes one of the things( which I doubt) people will be addicted to dabo
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Every gamblebox ship. After, say, 12-18 months of their initial release.
  • Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    How about phoenix boxes?
  • Options
    Starship traits or admiralty ships would be nice too
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Wells Class. That is all.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    No way they would ever put lobi or box ships in a GPL store. Those things need to cost real money to buy at some point in their life or the game's economy collapses and so does the game's cash flow.

GPL can be farmed like mad just like EC and as such don't expect anything in a game store to be some massive prize ship. The dilithium store might have those fancy costumes but the in flow of dilithium is limited per character, EC and GPL are a free for all.

Personally I'd like to see some silly single use stuff like the party balls. The much requested "cause toons to face and salute your character" item would be cool. Holoemiters, doff missions (like the holoadventure ones), daft costume items and outfits.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Gpl to lobi conversion ( 1 lobi for 10k gpl)

If that were to happen, it would be at a much higher rate. I had characters get up to 150-200k GPL in the first day of the Admiralty. Probably got 500-600k total across all my characters.
    (even ignoring that, I've got thousands of Winter holiday ornaments that I could exchange at the Ferengi NPC for 200 GPL each. Just takes a lot of clicks. Some kind of auto-click program would manage that nicely.)

More costumes would be nice.
    Or a "gold" ship material :D
  • Options
    captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    1 million gpl for 100 lobi doesn't seem to be far fetched, but idk if it would make a dent in the economy, could be wrong.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Unlikely that the GPL to lobi conversion thing will happen, but it would be nice. Lobi is very hard to get and if you're trying to sell lobi gear or uniforms you're unlikely to get a good price for it.

I would like to see the former lobi store and current dilithium store devices being moved to the GPL store. 3-4k dilithium is (and lobi certainly was) too valuable to spend on consumables that can only be used once. GPL has no other uses. Risa and Winter event non-ship rewards could also be placed in the GPL store.
  • Options
    trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    Warp-to-friend token.
    ---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Ship paint job.

Not like the accents in the ship customizer, but a full on "change the base-coat color of your ship to one of your liking" paint job. Not fond of the base colors you get for each skin? Paint the ship.

I know a certain Gorn character that would love to own a neon orange ship.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    GPL to lobi is not going to happen.

There is a vast backlog of GPL because it is relatively easy to get and has essentially nothing of value to spend it on; by the time you add in the simply vast amounts Ferengi Admiralty gives, any GPL to lobi rate still has a damaging effect on a major component of the system that is the primary way the game makes the money it needs to run - to get lobi means you need to open lockboxes, which means someone has to spend Zen on keys, which barring subscription obtained Zen (which is still paid for) the Zen was paid for.

And by having the desirable stuff in the lobi store, it means people spend to acquire them, which means taking stuff out of the lobi store is also not going to happen.

It would definitely make sense in lore terms, but it isn't good for the game.
  • Options
    cbrjwrr wrote: »

There is a vast backlog of GPL because it is relatively easy to get and has essentially nothing of value to spend it on; by the time you add in the simply vast amounts Ferengi Admiralty gives, any GPL to lobi rate still has a damaging effect on a major component of the system that is the primary way the game makes the money it needs to run - to get lobi means you need to open lockboxes, which means someone has to spend Zen on keys, which barring subscription obtained Zen (which is still paid for) the Zen was paid for.

And by having the desirable stuff in the lobi store, it means people spend to acquire them, which means taking stuff out of the lobi store is also not going to happen.

They could always do what I've suggested before...

Since in Trek Canon GPL is a solidified currency, it should be able to be used to buy things we need.

So what you do is you create a GPL Exchange and Expand the GPL store to include items that you can only buy with GPL and things that you can purchase with either GPL or EC while stil having certain items you can only buy with EC. This will ensure that each system is semi-independent from each other and the pricing systems will ensure that few things spiral out of control in terms of price.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I want all the previous year's Party Poppers that I missed.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Masterkeys.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    cbrjwrr wrote: »

They could always do what I've suggested before...

Since in Trek Canon GPL is a solidified currency, it should be able to be used to buy things we need.

So what you do is you create a GPL Exchange and Expand the GPL store to include items that you can only buy with GPL and things that you can purchase with either GPL or EC while stil having certain items you can only buy with EC. This will ensure that each system is semi-independent from each other and the pricing systems will ensure that few things spiral out of control in terms of price.

If we are going down this route, just swap the two over completely - everything that is currently EC becomes GPL, and everything that is currently GPL becomes EC. Far closer to canon.
  • Options
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    No way they would ever put lobi or box ships in a GPL store.

I'll settle for all gamblebox ships eventually ending up in the lobi store.
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Account-Bound Tech Upgrades.
  • Options
    Account-Bound Tech Upgrades.

Visual upgrades to weapons instead.

Imagine a pair of dual AP pistols painted black with gold plating trim or the Zefram Cochrane Shotgun with a nickel finish.

*shudders with delight*

Things I want in STO:

• Options
    Multiple tiers of disco balls/ Memorial Spheres that have bigger and more dramatic effects.

As long as those effects in no way interfere with my ability to do/interact with anything.
  • Options
    How about tier 1 to 4 ships that you can't buy in the shipyard? They are useful for the admiralty campaign and have short refit periods.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    Lobi
    conversion to EC or dilith
    instakill death rays to all ferengi ships in the quadrant.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    smagatonsmagaton Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Every single pet- lobi, lockbox, c-store all in 1 convienent location :) various prices.
    lobi/rep consumables section= I'm not wasting precious lobi on one and done stuff!!!!! but would for gpl (just add a zero and double the price, like 20 lobi = 200 or 400 gpl)
    lobi costumes- 200 lobi to say like 8-20000 gpl??

I would like a choice between master keys, lobi, dil or even fleet ship modules as the final 10/10 reward
    bound to account of course:) just some random thoughts.
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    I would like to see old Event Ships in the GPL Store. They should, of course, come at very high prices. Still having a way to get them that is not effectively impossible (like the Phoenix Box is) would be nice.

A million-to-1 Lobi conversion would be good, too.