test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Win a Cabin on Star Trek The Cruise II and over 150 Star Trek Online Ships!

Comments

• Options
    ronthefanronthefan Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    So, I tweeted, but it's not recognizing my tweet. I'm getting mad. I don't want to be mad.
    Can anyone help?
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,768 Arc User
    admiralnat wrote: »
    Anyone notice the ship in the game launcher window?

2ilesdi.jpg

Wonder what that is. Kinda looks like a Galaxy variant.

That might be the Guardian, albeit with an unusual choice of parts and materials.​​

Yeah. It seems a rare thing for Devs to do the Mix and Match thing that players often do.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User

2ilesdi.jpg

That might be the Guardian, albeit with an unusual choice of parts and materials.

I think it looks a lot like Perpetual's Excalibur

Main_concept_STO_ExcaliburPS.jpg

pig-1.gif

Regarding the cruise, I'd love to participate but even if I won I had to get to the states to board the ship in the first place - I don't think they'll dock in Europe before heading over.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    angrytarg wrote: »

2ilesdi.jpg

That might be the Guardian, albeit with an unusual choice of parts and materials.

pig-1.gif

Regarding the cruise, I'd love to participate but even if I won I had to get to the states to board the ship in the first place - I don't think they'll dock in Europe before heading over.​​
    Guess they need to do a European Trek Cruise some day. Bet the cast members who get to be on it would love that. :smiley:

• Options
    On a whim, I checked out the cost of these ST cruises. Not cheap.
    startrekthecruise.com/pricing/?gclid=CjwKEAjw5_vHBRCBtt2NqqCDjiESJABD5rCJgcvuRUto_iq8JAd5i4IcJukWhqu1zdZsQDaYjLvyRhoCprDw_wcB

And we all know that airfare has been up and down for years, so that may be why it could not be included in this package.

Just sayin'.
  • Options
    mattbzhmattbzh Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    So it seems that like in Top Gun, no point for second place as I read it, only one guy gets to be picked to win everything. No prize break down, no 1 gets cruise and ships, 5 others get only the ships (I guess they fear bankruptcy if they give free ships to more than one guy), well I did my entries anyway, for all the good that can do, and if I win the cruise, I won't have the monney for the plane ticket to get there ^^
  • Options
    diabolicaltroopdiabolicaltroop Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Yes, I would like to win the ships that I do not have however, the cruise I would not be able to go due to me being disabled. It would have been great about 4 years ago but now I just would like the ships. Have fun whoever wins the trip and ships my best wishes to you!
    KDF Ancient House of Seplch
    Dahar Master "Epitai" Kelrok son of Pok Seplch House Leader Tactical
    General Babd Grace O'Malley House Seplch Science Officer
    Fleet Admiral Quintus Savat House Seplch Tactical Officer
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    It exists, but they have probably stark differences in law. I am surprised the EU is in, really..
    I was going to comment on that. I only looked at the page so I could roll my eyes at it being North America only... I can't help but be a little disappointed. (Well, not really, but I can pretend).

I'm not going to enter as though I like Star Trek, I'm not a massive fan like many here are and wouldn't want to deprive anyone of it if by some billion-to-one chance I actually won.

Good luck folks!

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

2ilesdi.jpg

That might be the Guardian, albeit with an unusual choice of parts and materials.​​

Looks like one of the old Perpetual designs to me
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Ready to beam down, I need some R&R, so does my crew.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    bassmas314bassmas314 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I just did some math; the ship the cruise will be held aboard, the Norwegian Jade, can accommodate 2,402 passengers. Given that the winners will each be given two tickets, and subtracting accommodations for the guests of honor, that leaves a possible 1,181 winners, providing all the remaining passenger cabins are reserved for winners of this contest.

I wish everyone who enters the best of luck, and safe travels to the winners.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    bassmas314 wrote: »
    I just did some math; the ship the cruise will be held aboard, the Norwegian Jade, can accommodate 2,402 passengers. Given that the winners will each be given two tickets, and subtracting accommodations for the guests of honor, that leaves a possible 1,181 winners, providing all the remaining passenger cabins are reserved for winners of this contest.

I wish everyone who enters the best of luck, and safe travels to the winners.

They're only giving away one pair, though. Everyone else is supposed to pay for their tickets.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    ightenighten Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    Im not being funny but NCL Jade - seriously.... Its not exactly something you would try for free on a normal cruise never mind occupied by a party of sci fi dudes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    romulanforcesromulanforces Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Eligible countries - no mention about Australia being eligible?!
    RomulanCapital2154.jpg
  • Options
    tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    I WANT THIS CRUISE, I will pay the plane ticket!
  • Options
    I have bought most of the ships already although I would not mind getting the 26th centaury ships.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Pick me, pick me . ..
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    This is such a unique prize & contest & opportunity too. Well done indeed Cryptic & pre-congratulations to the lucky winner. So much envy LOL but I did enter too so fingers crossed.
  • Options
    gavshawgavshaw Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Got all excited and then realized that I only count as a resident of the US for tax purposes...
    SigPic_01_zpspudusvou.png

Yes, I fly a Dreadnought cruiser. Deal with it.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I got up to 36 entries and now its saying I have 0 and every time I try to put my name and email in, it says email already used. Ok so I guess I am not going to win maybe no one will. This sucks cryptic you suck . People involved with this contest you suck, who ever created the entry page you suck, this all sucks.
  • Options
    Oh, ok, got it, changed my default browser to firfox it works now you guys are good again.
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    It would be great if the rules allowed the winner to give the cruise tickets away. I entered because I would love to have all those ships, however I am already paying for a cruise I am going on in that exact same time frame, that also happens to be hitting two of three same ports. Not bragging, most cruises aren't really all that expensive and being able to book it and pay it over time means you don't have to be well off to afford one. And much as I love Star Trek, going on the cruise I already booked, along with my brother and his wife who I only get to see about once a year, is a lot more important to me.

Anyway, the thing is that if I were to win, those cruise tickets I won would then be wasted. Whereas if I could give them away, then not only would they not be wasted, but someone else would get to go on a "free" cruise.

Of course even better would be being able to sell them but that would be asking way too much. Just being able to give them away would be better than having that cabin empty as the ship sails away.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    Good luck to all that have entered! There are so many great people around here, PWE should reserve a whole ship for the lot of us! :D
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,325 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »

2ilesdi.jpg

pig-1.gif

Same here. More interested in the ships.
    Don't get me wrong, geek enough to appreciate meeting the various actors but i would be by far the youngest person on that cruise.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    shellswells#6503 shellswells Member Posts: 1 New User
    Exciting for this opportunity to be among the Greats of the Galaxy.
  • Options
    how much is it to buy a ticket on this cruise?
  • Options
    parkuss1266parkuss1266 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    So, do you still get the ships if you just don't go for the cruise?
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    So, do you still get the ships if you just don't go for the cruise?

If this were the case, I think I'd apply - but somehow I think it's a package deal. No cruise, no ships. (Part of why I've come to that conclusion is in the legalese, like the bit about using your name and photos for promotional purposes... but then it could just be a preemptive defense rather than something they're explicitly planning.)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg