test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Patch Notes for 1/19/17

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow 1/19 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• Options
    dariusturaldariustural Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    When do you think the levitating above lounge chair/ hover board following the sea bottom and not the water line on Risa will be fixed? It started once I began running the game in DX11 mode.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    *checks the notes*

Party poopers... You're just jealous Q finds us, 23rd officers, cooler than the rest.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    Still nothing about the Cherry Epooh's. Is it the "If we don't recognize it it will fade away before the next event" strategy? Guess it's working for you.
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    When do you think the levitating above lounge chair/ hover board following the sea bottom and not the water line on Risa will be fixed? It started once I began running the game in DX11 mode.

A number of things are broken on Risa. Besides the ones you mentioned, I can think of the following off the top of my head:

1. Day/night cycle

Holodeck ticket 4,171,546: The day/night cycle on Risa is broken

2. Powerboards

If you have "Lighting 2.0" turned off, the purple halo doesn't appear around the Future Flyer when you jump.

3. Splash animations

You can't see the splash effects of other people when they jump in the water, though you can see your own.

4. Floaters

(a) On males, the side thrusters and wing thrusters of superior floaters do not rotate.

(b) The left and right thruster rotations are not symmetric. When you move left by pressing the Q key, the thrusters rotate by a different angle than they do when you move right by pressing the E key. The difference can be a bit hard to see, but after checking several times, I'm sure that the angles are different. I tested this using standard floaters on males and superior and standard floaters on females; I didn't test enhanced floaters, because I don't have any on my characters. The problem affects both the side thrusters and the wing thrusters. Note that standard floaters do not have wing thrusters.

(c) The rear thruster on (both male and female) superior floaters are still the wrong size.

5. Risian birds

(a) When Risian birds flap their wings, the tail feathers bend awkwardly. It's as if the birds are trying to flap their tails as well.

(b) Risian birds will attempt to follow you if you move too far away. But after you stop moving, they get stuck circling continuously above you. If you're in the air in a floater and you look up, you can see the bird circling backwards above your head. If you're on the ground and you look up, you won't be able to see the entire bird, but occasionally you will see a wing sweep by.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    roamerzaroamerza Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Still nothing about the Cherry Epooh's. Is it the "If we don't recognize it it will fade away before the next event" strategy? Guess it's working for you.

Agreed ... Can we have a definitive answer on this please. It has been mentioned a 100 times at least on these forums, and you have seen them. If you can not put in a mechanism to hand in the Cherry and high end Lime epohhs, can you run a script to make them all a different colour so we can, or give us a mechanism somewhere else in the game to exchange these epohhs for other colours.

It would be a nice start for it at least to be mentioned in the known issues section.
  • Options
    alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    roamerza wrote: »
    Agreed ... Can we have a definitive answer on this please. It has been mentioned a 100 times at least on these forums, and you have seen them. If you can not put in a mechanism to hand in the Cherry and high end Lime epohhs, can you run a script to make them all a different colour so we can, or give us a mechanism somewhere else in the game to exchange these epohhs for other colours.

It would be a nice start for it at least to be mentioned in the known issues section.

This is not so importent issue as the issue where 23rd Century captains still had access to the Winter Map.
  • Options
    roamerzaroamerza Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    alexvio1 wrote: »

This is not so importent issue as the issue where 23rd Century captains still had access to the Winter Map.

And they can not work on more than one thing a week? They have not even acknowledged the Epohh issue since mid-December.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Im more worried about the separation pet bug, that still present
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    All selected Emails crash bug still not fixed??? Seriously? 1.5+ months. Wow. Just wow.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    That same bug happened during the 2015 Winter Event and they fixed it, but it returned during the same event in 2016 but they haven't fixed it this time.
  • Options
    stony27101983stony27101983 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »

I second that! I'm very disgrunted about that meanwhile @ambassadorkael#6946 -.-
  • Options
    mcscarypantsmcscarypants Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Graphical artifacts on the rise, broken animations all over the place, busted event triggers inside multiple story missions, and a full blown epohh infestation underway. I'm not saying that the winter event map issue needs to be addressed, but surely it didn't require the entire dev team working for a solid week to fix. At least put all the known issues that you are working on on the list of known issues. Unless of course, you already have. >:[

#classiccryptic
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »

This ship separation bug was not fixed in the last patch that claims it was fixed. The purpose of some c-store and even promo ships (Sheshar) is to allow ship separation in order to make use of consoles, starship traits, and set bonuses. Please look into it, and at the very least keep it as a known issue until it is fully resolved.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    tempus64 wrote: »
    All selected Emails crash bug still not fixed??? Seriously? 1.5+ months. Wow. Just wow.
    Several hours ago I had 2 crashes during selection of specialization abilities, so not only mail system can cause a crash.

• Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User

It's felt to me since the holidays ended that they've moved on to the new content and the anniversary and have zero interest in the cherry epohhs. It would be kind to just tell us to throw them away. Personally I will keep them another week or two then dump them.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Not just the Cherry epohhs, I can't turn in my Lime ones either... at least the ones that made it to elder...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    Our weekly #STO PC maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you in game!
This discussion has been closed.