test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Who'd be a good Q Continuum or SpaceTime (Traveler) voice for STO?

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
I know a lot of people would love to see an episode ARC where Q either himself, or other actor's who played as a Q or perhaps one of the other races far more advanced in their understanding of SpaceTime geometry.
  • The novel Q Continuum revealed that the Continuum was responsible for the creation of the Galactic barrier and for the imprisonment of the entity they knew as The One on the planet dubbed "Sha Ka Ree" by Sybok written by Greg Cox.
  • Not to mention possibilities around another unique race (Travelers) equally unknown and gifted in Time & Space (Space Time) awareness played by Eric Menyuk.
0zxlclk.png
Post edited by strathkin on

Who'd be a good Q Continuum or SpaceTime (Traveler) voice for STO? 30 votes

John de Lancie who played Q in TNG, DS9, and Voyager.
46%
ikonn#1068kyle223catrelicthiefioneonuryenserellontjtoney3448scrooge69tm706eagleeyeabcchristopher082cptdungeonmckurland91captainwellsboachev 14 votes
The first female Q we are introduced to is known as Amada Rogers and played by Olivia d'Abo.
3%
saurializard 1 vote
Another male Q was played by actor Corbin Bernsen in Deja Q in TNG.
10%
berginsazrael605cdrbob 3 votes
Quinn played by actor Gerrit Graham, a great philosopher of the Continuum: influenced earth's past many times - k13?
6%
garaks31discojer 2 votes
The next female Q was played by Suzie Plakson introduced as Q's (girlfriend/significant other).
6%
markhawkmanchucktc 2 votes
The junior Q (Q's offspring) was in fact played by Keegan de Lancie in Voyager.
10%
jcsteelestarkaosjorantomalak 3 votes
A member of a Traveler species from Tau Alpha C, whose ability to "phase" using time, space, and thought alone to travel.
16%
strathkinjbmonroespiritwalker1969captkelly31#5645inlovewithabsol#2915 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    There is only one Q for STO and that is Q Jr. as proved by the number of times that he comes to inflict his fun on the galaxy with the Winter and Anniversary Event. However, anything from the novels about Q or Travellers in the novels should never be in STO. So nothing from the Q Continuum novels, A Time... novels, and post-Endgame Voyager novels.

Although speaking of the Travellers, you missed Wesley Crusher as a possible candidate. Except for the novels, there is no mention of Wesley Crusher. Quite a few references to Beverly Crusher in The Path to 2409, but none about her son.
  • Options
    spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    The less Q, the better!
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    A member of a Traveler species from Tau Alpha C, whose ability to "phase" using time, space, and thought alone to travel.
    starkaos wrote: »
    There is only one Q for STO and that is Q Jr. as proved by the number of times that he comes to inflict his fun on the galaxy with the Winter and Anniversary Event. However, anything from the novels about Q or Travellers in the novels should never be in STO. So nothing from the Q Continuum novels, A Time... novels, and post-Endgame Voyager novels.

Although speaking of the Travellers, you missed Wesley Crusher as a possible candidate. Except for the novels, there is no mention of Wesley Crusher. Quite a few references to Beverly Crusher in The Path to 2409, but none about her son.

True.. but all the questions in the Poll are related to Lore from the CBS Television series directly, I specifically suggested one of the POLL options as the Traveler because of his close ties and interest in Wesley's development. :)

The one reference of the Novel simply shows how in the CBS television Lore that the Continuum influenced Humanity admitted on many occasions by Quinn in the Voyager episode when he calls his witnesses from Earth's history. Q and others from the Continuum have suggested it many times since Encounter At Farpoint when he says we'll be watching....

Or when in Deja Q the other Q suggests remember, 'all knowing, all seeing'...

So I'm not suggesting anything particular be introduced from a Novel here, it's just not surprising the Lore shows up in Novel's as well--because their all based on the Star Trek Television series and movies of CBS.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    The novels aren't canon, so using them as a source of material relative to STO isn't going to happen.

Wesley Crusher was never seen again.

Amen.
    boldly-watched.png
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    There can be only one... and that would be John de Lancie.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    There can be only one... and that would be John de Lancie.

And DeLancie has no interest in reprising it here, since he's done it in Timelines; the popular and oft-repeated scuttle is that he doesn't care for STO much.
    boldly-watched.png
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Q'r (Qunior)

Since i doubt STO could get john delancie to do Q, they might get keegan delancie to do VO work for Q'r, since we have Q'r ingame already.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I think the best new Voice actor despite his limited role in only a few episode's would be the Traveler with possibilities to perhaps bring in Wesley or others despite 30-40 years having past and some perhaps having retired from Starfleet but perhaps still acting in an ambassador capacity or perhaps some in a engineering & scientific consultant role perhaps with the Daystrom Institute or Utopia Planitia.

It be great to see one or two of the facilities associated with those organizations within the Federation.

Named for Dr. Richard Daystrom, the Daystrom Institute supported research and development in the fields of warp propulsion, cybernetics, astrophysics, archeology, and many others. The Daystrom Institute had several annexes across Federation space, including one at Galor IV.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    No particular order, they can be a Time Traveler from the Future with Kal Dano's ship....and a PHD

Matt Smith
    David Tennant
    Tom baker
    Peter Davision
    Paul McGann
    Peter Davison
    Sylvester McCoy
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I must admit I would have thought Amanda Roger's would be FAR more popular a choice as she's both a talented actress & very good looking. I'd certainly welcome her or Q Junior to make an appearance in a few missions at times in an episode ARC or even a a few missions that appear time-to-time as special weekend event mission(s) that change and get offered every now and then...

The door was left open when she asked Beverly if she could come back and visit, to which she said your a Q so you can do what ever you want. o:)
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    azrael605 wrote: »
    @jbmonroe

Wesley was sitting next to his mother at Riker & Troi's wedding in Nemesis.

Well, that's two reasons not to watch Nemesis, then. I either didn't see him or my brain has blocked the horror from my memory.

I suppose if he didn't say anything I could get away with "and was never heard from again."

boldly-watched.png
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Sam Eliot.
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    No particular order, they can be a Time Traveler from the Future with Kal Dano's ship....and a PHD

Matt Smith
    David Tennant
    Tom baker
    Peter Davision
    Paul McGann
    Peter Davison
    Sylvester McCoy

Now that would be awesome...... B)
  • Options
    arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Gilbert Gottfried.
  • Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    My choice isn't even on the list you give. I'd say Sam Elliott.

• Options
    Or the voice of SpongeBob SquarePants for Q?

joke.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Another male Q was played by actor Corbin Bernsen in Deja Q in TNG.
    Corbin Bernsen would be fun.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    The less Q, the better!

I did a select a preference from the list if they decide to go there, but this would be my premium choice as it wasn't on the list.
  • Options
    Yet still no vote for Amada Roger's... I think I'm going to tear up. :'(
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    wendysue53 wrote: »
    My choice isn't even on the list you give. I'd say Sam Elliott.

Tbh i think sam elliot would make a good VO for a TOS era fleet admiral maybe replace the VO for the admiral that gets everyone ambushed at caleb IV, just the right amount of gruff and cowboy up attitude to make it work.
  • Options
    Well I think it certainly be interesting idea to have other actor's not typically associated with Star Trek that perhaps love Star Trek be turned into a new character NPC in the game using their voice... Like a guest in a re-occurring role on some Television series to introduce some variety. I don't know if we'll ever see something like that but it sure be an interesting twist. :)
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    I could see him as a Rogue Admiral doing his own thing. B)
  • Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    jbmonroe wrote: »
    And DeLancie has no interest in reprising it here, since he's done it in Timelines; the popular and oft-repeated scuttle is that he doesn't care for STO much.

I heard he would consider it if they called his agent http://www.cbr.com/eccc-john-de-lancie-talks-star-trek-my-little-pony-and-brony-phenomenon/

Having de Lancie voice Q would be the greatest thing I could think of experiencing in this game. He is the universe's ultimate troll.

Post edited by uryenserellont on
  • Options
    Interesting article: http://www.cbr.com/eccc-john-de-lancie-talks-star-trek-my-little-pony-and-brony-phenomenon/

"A Star Trek Online player asked the actor whether he would be interested in coming into the MMO to voice Q. “Call my agent,” de Lancie quickly he replied." :o
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Quinn played by actor Gerrit Graham, a great philosopher of the Continuum: influenced earth's past many times - k13?
    Tom Baker

Or, since he would probably come much cheaper, Colin Baker

Honestly, Q is the worst thing about newer Trek. Well, besides Wesley. All powerful beings are just boring, especially when they are petulant (again, see Wesley)
  • Options
    Star Trek: Timelines = 100% Q
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    The first female Q we are introduced to is known as Amada Rogers and played by Olivia d'Abo.
    jbmonroe wrote: »
    Wesley Crusher was never seen again.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmPhaG1ud38

I wouldn't mind hearing more of d'Abo, especially if her stay in the Continuum left her a bit unhinged and she was taking her Invader Tak's voice.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    Personally, i think David Tennant would make a good option.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    The next female Q was played by Suzie Plakson introduced as Q's (girlfriend/significant other).
    Hmm Olivia d'Abo isn't as young as she was in TNG though.

latest?cb=20101115005143
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg