test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Random Items in Inventory

lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
When I first logged in today I was awarded a handful of common/uncommon DOFFs out of the blue, as well as what looks like an old version of Nanoenergy Cell Recipes (with no icon). From the NoP channel I gather some people have been getting all sorts of other things from Epic AP DBBs to a rare quality (blue) IDIC tribble.

I have a notion that it might be something to do with items that were discarded in the distant past, as this didn't happen to any of the alts I started for Delta Rising.

Has anyone else seen something similar today?
Q9BWcdD.png

Comments

• Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    It gave me dupes of every non-combat pet I have (which is quite a collection, so was really annoying to clean up) along with some tribbles and ground items. From what I have seen, it's pretty random what gets duped. I just hope they are careful if they try to fix this, some of the dupes I deleted because I needed space actually cost me money and I'd be upset if the remaining copy disappears.
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    I got a whole pile of stuff, mostly unique items I shouldn't have two of. I'm tempted to open up the spare Kobali bridge officer, just to see if I can....

I'm wondering if this is something to do with the fix for the people who were unable to claim the Neil Falconer special doff... I'd already got him, but I seem to have got a lot of stuff I didn't ask for! (I wish that Ophidian Cane and Shard of Possibilities weren't bound to character - I have some newer toons who don't have those, it would have been nice to hand over my new spares!)
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    I hope it is safe to delete the duplicates.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    I wonder if any Rommies got a second Tovan? I got a second Kolez, shard, cane multiple q's snowball mortar, and a few other items as well.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    shevet wrote: »
    I got a whole pile of stuff, mostly unique items I shouldn't have two of. I'm tempted to open up the spare Kobali bridge officer, just to see if I can....
    You can't - I tried with the Jem'Hadar tac officer. On the other tentacle, my main toon had used up that 50-use squadron of Scorpion fighters we got from the Romulan Mystery arc, and now he has a new squadron installed on his ship... :smile:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    puckerbrushpuckerbrush Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    The extra items are in your inventory are from the Bat People messing with the timeline.
    M6SiKbG.gif
    Please spay and neuter your Caitians
  • Options
    waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    I ended up with old Doffs I executed on my Rom. It is sure going to be awkward in the mess hall later.
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • Options
    farranorfarranor Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    waldotrek wrote: »
    I ended up with old Doffs I executed on my Rom. It is sure going to be awkward in the mess hall later.

I once attended a retirement party like that. The company had laid the guy off and just decided to call it a retirement because he was a few years past middle age. There was a cake and everything. "<Retiree> is irreplaceable! No one can do what he does! ...Except <Farranor> here. <Farranor> will be new <Retiree>." That sure was fun.
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Yeah suuure blame the Iconian's..it is always their fault when it is not time travellers or Q.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    jade1280 wrote: »
    Yeah suuure blame the Iconian's..it is always their fault when it is not time travellers or Q.

I don't remember anything in STO being the result of iconians.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I got two canes and two shards of possibility on two of my characters which could be given to BOFFs. I also have two Breen BOFFs, two of every unique tribble and non-combat pet owned as well as two winter event ice-boots and three snow mortars - but my Targ pup did not come back pig-13.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Big problem here with that bug! A fleet dauntless seems to be in the overflow bag. I neither can take it out (cuz I already have it) nor can I discard it.

Problem is I can’t open any reward containers now because something is in the overflow bag. :(
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Big problem here with that bug! A fleet dauntless seems to be in the overflow bag. I neither can take it out (cuz I already have it) nor can I discard it.

Problem is I can’t open any reward containers now because something is in the overflow bag. :(

Can you move your current ship to the dry dock? Otherwise you'd have to discard it and claim the duplicate, but that's a risky business if it fails...​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited April 2016

Yeah, between the individual selection of skills for a level 60 character and the "Unable to open reward packs with items in your overflow bag." feature, Season 11.5 is... really inconvenient. I haven't found a Dauntless in my Overflow, though, so I suppose I should count my blessings.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Most of the DoFFs you got are ones you had before that the game deleted.

A lot of people probably didn't even realize it was happening, but there were a number of bugs that would cause DoFFs to get deleted. For example, if you had a set of space DoFFs saved in your load out, and you changed some of them and then switched to a ship that used the old DoFFs, it would move the new DoFFs from your previous ship into your overflow bag. As an added bonus, if you didn't see this, and changed maps with the new DoFFs in your overflow.. POOF.. they were deleted.

I lost a ton of DoFFs this way, and today I got them all back. They put in a fix that stopped this from happening, and apparently it had the side effect of going back in time and giving me back the officers that had been previously deleted. I also had a couple items that for some reason were just pulled out of my bank and put into overflow. Not sure what that's about, I just moved them back to my bank.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    I actually have 2 unique nuke tribbles on one character now. And 2 cats. That's a nice bug, keep it.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    yes I also had random items in my overflow bag, most I just deleted strait from the bag once I realised they were items I already had in my inventory.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »

Can you move your current ship to the dry dock? Otherwise you'd have to discard it and claim the duplicate, but that's a risky business if it fails...​​

Yeah, between the individual selection of skills for a level 60 character and the "Unable to open reward packs with items in your overflow bag." feature, Season 11.5 is... really inconvenient. I haven't found a Dauntless in my Overflow, though, so I suppose I should count my blessings.

Thank you very much for the reply and offering suggestions folks. :)

Seems to be a tricky situation because normally it is strictly impossible to claim the same ship two times. I suppose the game does not know at all how to handle such a duplicate copy.

I think it’s best to give cryptic a few days to sort this out before starting to trouble shoot myself.

With my luck putting the main ship in drydock, claiming the copy and out-gearing it would end me up loosing everything when cryptic auto deletes all the duplicate copies as game wide solution to this bug. :'(
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I had a random upgrade as well, my crossfire tribble and shard of impossibilities were duplicated and raised to epic, although the stats stayed the same :D
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    farranorfarranor Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    This bug gave my main a second Phoenix admiralty card and a second Assimilated Cruiser admiralty card. My other toons claimed those promos in the exact same way, but didn't get extra cards from this.
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    farranor wrote: »
    This bug gave my main a second Phoenix admiralty card and a second Assimilated Cruiser admiralty card. My other toons claimed those promos in the exact same way, but didn't get extra cards from this.

Same here.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Yeah, whats the deal with that anyway? Wasn't the whole point of making the reward boxes self-opening to stop players from stockpiling them for marks weekend? Loophole ahoy!
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    Me, I got a few duplicate boffs (not much use there), some random garbage and pets, aaand... duplicate Ophidian Canes, Temporal Phase Generators (or whatever they were called) and Shards of Possibilities. Gave them all to boffs. :grin:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    Oh, yes, I got the Phoenix and the Assimilated Cruiser admiralty cards duplicated, too.... dunno what to do about that. Except perhaps use them. Yes, that might be the thing to do.

The bug seemed to slacken off as I worked through my alts... most of them just got some random doffs and snow mortars (the snow mortar seems to have been very popular), and by the time I did the last three, they didn't have any random stuff at all.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Me, I got a few duplicate boffs (not much use there), some random garbage and pets, aaand... duplicate Ophidian Canes, Temporal Phase Generators (or whatever they were called) and Shards of Possibilities. Gave them all to boffs. :grin:
    I got some of those, too. Unfortunately, that was only on some alts. My main just got an overflow bag full of useless green doffs and a few random junk items.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I got two canes and two shards of possibility on two of my characters which could be given to BOFFs. I also have two Breen BOFFs, two of every unique tribble and non-combat pet owned as well as two winter event ice-boots and three snow mortars - but my Targ pup did not come back pig-13.gif​​
    I got a dupe Jackal Mastiff. Also.. a few Breen and Reman boffs.... but they're bound so I can't transfer them to a character that doesn't already have one.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    * siting in front of computer, with eyes closed with crossed claws while patching *

Please duplicate Dilithum.......please duplicate Dilithuim........please duplicate Dilithuim......

sorry my friend it does not work like that though the cloning of an entire starship is amusing years ago my tac main lost an exclusive DOFF to my stupidity my hopes is that the cloning process brought her back alongside my brand new paradox corrector :D
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • Options
    dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    My main got a Yellowstone pet in the bag, but I'm not sure if it was a dupe since I couldn't find another copy of it in my inventory or bank. Another toon got a spare Kobali Eng/Command boff. I blame timey-wimey stuff from the Temporal Cold War warming up.
  • Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    [Satra] came back to me even though I had dumped her over a year ago, she apparently sneaked back via the cargo bay....

I tell you, I am about to make a trip to romulus to fill out a restraining order against her.

I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!