test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fix the Tuffli Frieghter

Hi. I've returned to STO after a long hiatus, and the thing that got me the most was just how bad the Tuffli's been rendered useless. The R&D's changed, the transwarps are gone.

What needs to be put back on the Tuffli, barring the transwarps to the sites, are a contact that would give all the missions to the old clusters. This was the main reason for the ship's popularity, and needs to be reinstated so these ships can return to their former glory.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    I agree.

But first, the Breen Set engines are broken on this ship.

It is a lot of fun to fly in Counterpoint Advanced though, it turns like a beast, draws all the aggro and feels good to transport teams with.

...don't ask me how I ended up there in a tuffli.
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    I was so gutted when I bought mine...I honestly thought that I'd be able to call it like the Azure and after thinking that, it really was such a disappointment.

I can't pretend that when I'm especially bored, I will take it into a fight, just for fun though ;-)
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    I have a Suliban Cell Ship and it got the same treatment, so yeah, making up for the missing transwarps would be nice.

Thing is it is the only ship in my roster that I use every time I play. Bank/Mail/Exchange/Ship Selector, all in one place, and I made my EC back on the thing a long time ago from all the DOffs I've gotten from the special DOff missions available there.

All this, from the quiet of my own ship. I've never taken it into combat, but maybe someday. It's cloaking device might be handy for that...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »
    I have a Suliban Cell Ship and it got the same treatment, so yeah, making up for the missing transwarps would be nice.

Thing is it is the only ship in my roster that I use every time I play. Bank/Mail/Exchange/Ship Selector, all in one place, and I made my EC back on the thing a long time ago from all the DOffs I've gotten from the special DOff missions available there.

All this, from the quiet of my own ship. I've never taken it into combat, but maybe someday. It's cloaking device might be handy for that...

It has a cloak? I'm guessing it's not battle, but oh, how I would love to get a gang together of Tuffli's and Cell ships and do an STF ;-)
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    They nerfed my Tuffli?! That sucks. And, honestly, I don't think that's entirely fair: ppl paid good money for its abilities (And don't give me a lecture about the TOS, in which you say they are allowed to change anything they want. I know that: still doesn't make it fair).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    Uh, wut cloak. I don't see cloak on my UI in the cell ship.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    the game may or may not automatically slot cloak powers in your task bar.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    kayajay wrote: »

It has a cloak? I'm guessing it's not battle, but oh, how I would love to get a gang together of Tuffli's and Cell ships and do an STF ;-)

Yes to this STF run...but only as a private.
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • Options
    tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    null
    True, but I don't remember seeing the command either

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Maybe you didn't see the cloak because you weren't looking for it. It certainly was a nice surprise, although as I said, I've had no reason to actually use it yet. And no, it isn't a battle cloak. That'd be even more fun, though...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Maybe you didn't see the cloak because you weren't looking for it. It certainly was a nice surprise, although as I said, I've had no reason to actually use it yet. And no, it isn't a battle cloak. That'd be even more fun, though...

well then get the suliban to officially join the RR and now we know how to get you a t6 refit of the tentacle err... cell ship
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Hi. I've returned to STO after a long hiatus, and the thing that got me the most was just how bad the Tuffli's been rendered useless. The R&D's changed, the transwarps are gone.

What needs to be put back on the Tuffli, barring the transwarps to the sites, are a contact that would give all the missions to the old clusters. This was the main reason for the ship's popularity, and needs to be reinstated so these ships can return to their former glory.

Huh?

Just (literally) jumped into my Tuffli, and the transwarps to the nebula clouds that replaced the exploration sectors (Rolor, Delta Volanus, etc.) are listed under alpha quadrant or beta quadrant, respectively.

And I checked out the rest of the Tuffli's power list. Summon U.S.S. Contraband Kitty? Check. Base amenities on the interior (mail/bank/exchange)? Check. Bob's Discount Commodities? Still sellin'. Shady Ferengi Guy? Still wearing his trenchcoat, and talking me up about Rolex. All DOff Department Head Contacts on one deck? Yep.

So yeah, I cringe a little on the way to Bob when I see the defunct R&D Console, but only losing one power isn't gonna break the reason I invested for her in the first place...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited December 2015

Nothing needs to be fixed, then, since the Transwarps are all still there. Go to any space map in your Tuffli and open up the Transwarp menu, all of the nebulas are listed in submenus under Alpha Quadrant or Beta Quadrant.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    dougglendowerdougglendower Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Yeah, my wife found the transwarps. I'm full of fail. Still would be nice to have the contact on the ship so that the Tuffli can return to being the hub of action it once was.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Yeah, my wife found the transwarps. I'm full of fail. Still would be nice to have the contact on the ship so that the Tuffli can return to being the hub of action it once was.

Join NoP Public Service. People periodically call out requests for Tuffli invites (usually Cell ships for the special DOffs, but once in a while, someone needs to shop...) That's about all the "hotbed of activity" we're gonna get unless they radically rebuild the Doffing system yet again...

What I've been a bit more desirous of is "go to freighter bridge" so that I don't have to ship-swap just to visit my bridge... :)
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    On the upside if you do swap you won't have to redo your power tray anymore. :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    dougglendowerdougglendower Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    The Suliban Cell ship has the duty officers, I think the Tuffli needs a wowie-zowie. Turn the old RnD pillar into a device that allows an additional 1000 DIL refinement on a hard 24 hour timer!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]