test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

can we please have a bank terminal at the KDF shipyard.

bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
please Devs i know you are currently updating the Klingon character designs but might I take this opportunity to ask can we please have a bank terminal added to the KDF shipyard.

the feds shipyard has a bank terminal right there in the fed ESD shipyard but when you are playing KDF if you happen to need to access the bank to retrieve ship components eg beams, torps ect. you have to go to first city to get them, this is doubly annoying if you happen to be at the KDF shipyard when you suddenly decide you want the item, you then need to traverse from the shipyard NPC back to the transporter pad, transport to first city then traverse from the transporter pad there round to the bank terminals to collect your item and then retrace your journey all the way back to the shipyard NPC.

it would save so much time if there was a bank terminal right there in the KDF shipyard and I have noticed there are a few unused terminals at the KDF shipyard that would be ideal and convenient locations for a bank terminal.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    There definitely should be a bank there, I agree.

But just so you know, you can left click on the slot you're trying to fill (Weapon, Warp Core, Console, etc) and equip anything there from your bank or from another of your ships without actually using the bank. You don't actually need to access the bank to pull something out of it.

Still, your request is a fair and valid one.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    A bank and exchange would be much appreciated there.
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    Agreed. (and seconded on the exchange suggestion too)
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I very much support this.​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    A definite and annoying design flaw. But if they added bank and exchange consoles in the shipyard, then people wouldn't bother with those in the city.

Buy inventory slots and plan ahead of time so you don't have to go back and forth. Or do your business on Drozana or Gandala, where the consoles are in close proximity.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    To be honest i never visit the shipyard anyway because Ganalda is much more convenient.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    A bank would be nice..also thematically as the kdf spaceport is supposed to be a one-stop shop kind of station, throwing some regenerators and hypos in a vendor might be nice (even if they get sold by ferengis with their price penalty) as having to hop back and forth for shopping is rather time consuming, unlike ESD where its a less than 30s sprint from place to place​​
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    There definitely should be a bank there, I agree.

But just so you know, you can left click on the slot you're trying to fill (Weapon, Warp Core, Console, etc) and equip anything there from your bank or from another of your ships without actually using the bank. You don't actually need to access the bank to pull something out of it.

Still, your request is a fair and valid one.

yes I am aware of the mouse click slotting feature and I am not keen on using it, I find it too confusing to see a long list of choices instead of just the one choice I want, for example I may have a deflector in my bank that I want to slot on a ship but if I use the click slot method every deflector from every ship plus every deflector I have in my bank or maybe in my inventory comes up in an enormous list of deflectors and then I cant see the wood for the trees, if I just look in my bank I can quickly see exactly the deflector I want to take from the few I might have stored there.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    A definite and annoying design flaw. But if they added bank and exchange consoles in the shipyard, then people wouldn't bother with those in the city.

Buy inventory slots and plan ahead of time so you don't have to go back and forth. Or do your business on Drozana or Gandala, where the consoles are in close proximity.

sure they would, often you might have no need to go to the shipyard but you may need to visit the security NPC to drop off tribble carcasses, contraband or prisoners or you might have to go there for some other reason, and you might access the bank while you were there.

even if I do not use the bank at all I more often have to go to first city then the ship yard, also there is banking facilities at the KDF academy so if your argument is there should not be a bank at the ship yard because it would stop players using the one at first city then surely there should be no banking at the academy either.

I should not have to plan ahead or go to other areas just because I'm playing KDF when I don't need to do this when I'm playing fed as there is banking right there not more then 2 seconds from the fed shipyard NPC.

I have also just about maxed out my inventory slot purchases so cant buy any more, inventory slots is not a problem, but I should not have to carry stuff around and risk accidentally discarding it with other trash when I can safely store it in my bank till I need it.

at the end of the day all factions should be treated equally with regards to facilities if there is a bank terminal so conveniently placed in the ESD shipyard for feds & rom feds there should be banking facilities conveniently placed in the KDF shipyard for KDF & rom KDF.

I just cant see why anyone would be opposed to this, we have so many things taken away from us in recent times I just cant imagine why anyone would be against gaining something, if you prefer to use other places like Ganalda that's your choice and having a bank terminal at the KDF space dock wont alter that but I spend most of my time parked up around ESD for feds & fed roms and Qo'nos for KDFs and KDF roms as my homebase and so a conveniently placed bank terminal in both shipyards there would be of immense benefit to me, we already have the fed one just please give us one for KDF.
    burstorion wrote: »
    A bank would be nice..also thematically as the kdf spaceport is supposed to be a one-stop shop kind of station, throwing some regenerators and hypos in a vendor might be nice (even if they get sold by ferengis with their price penalty) as having to hop back and forth for shopping is rather time consuming, unlike ESD where its a less than 30s sprint from place to place​​

I agree it would be good if we had everything in one place like ESD but the KDF shipyard is much smaller and I don't want to loose out on a bank terminal just for the sake of asking for too much, we really need access to banking there, other stuff we can do fine at first city.
    I am sure its not just a case of we will make that terminal a bank "click click" job done but I am also certain it would not be too much for them to add this for us, getting all the stuff you mention here would be a much larger undertaking.
    Post edited by bobbydazlers on

• Options
    littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I think this is a great idea. I was kind of thinking about this the other day when in the starship area and realizing I'd have to go back to the city to see what all I had there. I, too, really don't like the right click ability to access stuff because sometimes I'm just going through my bank inventory to see what might or might not be a good idea to replace something.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    Bank and Mail would be awesome!
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    My instinct tells me that the klingons have more than they deserve.

My sense of "fair" says it would only be fair.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    QoNos needs another redesign and should be integrated onto one map like ESD is now.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    azniadeet wrote: »
    QoNos needs another redesign and should be integrated onto one map like ESD is now.

yet again I don't want to miss out on a bank terminal just because we ask for loads that would take the dev ages to implement, if the devs want to do a complete overhaul of kdf some time in the far distant future that's fine but a simple bank terminal would be a fairly easy fix that the devs could do now and that's when we need it now, not in the far distant future.

by keeping it simple we are more likely to get success.

• Options
    sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    I agree, having the bank and mail consoles at the shipyard would be a QoL improvement.
    Same should be done at the Romulan Command bay area too.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    First City in general needs an overhaul. I originally didn't approve of the ESD revamp but after realizing how damned convenient it is I changed my mind.

First City is just annoying. The shipyard is a separate instance that you have to run to the transporter to get to and the bank is as far away as possible. Simple terminals would help a lot.
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    I second this proposal.
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Here's what I think would be best: Revamp the shipyard, ESD-style, with the intent of making it the new primary hub for KDF players. That means a bank, exchange, mailbox, tailor, assortment of useful vendors, etc. Then just demote First City to "that one place people go when they have some quest objective/promotion/etc that demands they go there." I hate having to do things in First City because the layout is so awful, and generally prefer the Klingon Academy for my bank/exchange/mailbox needs.

The shipyard revamp doesn't need to be as large-scale as ESD because obviously, KDF is something of a playerbase minority and I get that developer resources are finite and precious. Still, something to remind the KDF that they're good for more than just conraband farming would be nice. :)
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Qo'nos is one map like ESD.

sure they would, often you might have no need to go to the shipyard but you may need to visit the security NPC to drop off tribble carcasses, contraband or prisoners or you might have to go there for some other reason, and you might access the bank while you were there.

even if I do not use the bank at all I more often have to go to first city then the ship yard, also there is banking facilities at the KDF academy so if your argument is there should not be a bank at the ship yard because it would stop players using the one at first city then surely there should be no banking at the academy either.

I should not have to plan ahead or go to other areas just because I'm playing KDF when I don't need to do this when I'm playing fed as there is banking right there not more then 2 seconds from the fed shipyard NPC.

I have also just about maxed out my inventory slot purchases so cant buy any more, inventory slots is not a problem, but I should not have to carry stuff around and risk accidentally discarding it with other trash when I can safely store it in my bank till I need it.

at the end of the day all factions should be treated equally with regards to facilities if there is a bank terminal so conveniently placed in the ESD shipyard for feds & rom feds there should be banking facilities conveniently placed in the KDF shipyard for KDF & rom KDF.

I just cant see why anyone would be opposed to this, we have so many things taken away from us in recent times I just cant imagine why anyone would be against gaining something, if you prefer to use other places like Ganalda that's your choice and having a bank terminal at the KDF space dock wont alter that but I spend most of my time parked up around ESD for feds & fed roms and Qo'nos for KDFs and KDF roms as my homebase and so a conveniently placed bank terminal in both shipyards there would be of immense benefit to me, we already have the fed one just please give us one for KDF.

I'm sorry, but you shouldn't go attacking others on the forum because they simply disagree with you. And you shouldn't blame others because you don't sell your stuff at the vendor to clear out inventory space before getting equipment to gear your ship(s).

While I don't disagree in adding banks consoles, given the new ESD, but poor Tacofangs is already up to his hip in work and has to take a couple of hours off his busy schedule to add in these consoles and make sure they work. Which nobody has complained about since the new Qo'nos map was added over three years ago. Same with player Starbases where nobody complained about having the bank on a seperate level than the shipyard.

It's an MMO, you can't put everything in one spot. The idea was to move around and make use of the map. Else, why are they even making maps for us in the first place?
    Post edited by azurianstar on
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    I'd like to see this as well. ALL Banks & Mail. When you're contributing stuff to the fleet, having to make that run to the shipyard to buy batteries or torpedos etc is a major pain. Having access to all banks would mean I could just head straight there to do all my contributing. And of course I'd like to see this at Romulas as well since that's my main toon.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Q'onos overall is a pretty good looking map, but it just lacks usability. Earth Space Dock, since it update, combines both.​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Qo'nos is one map like ESD.

I'm sorry, but you shouldn't go attacking others on the forum because they simply disagree with you. And you shouldn't blame others because you don't sell your stuff at the vendor to clear out inventory space before getting equipment to gear your ship(s).

While I don't disagree in adding banks consoles, given the new ESD, but poor Tacofangs is already up to his hip in work and has to take a couple of hours off his busy schedule to add in these consoles and make sure they work. Which nobody has complained about since the new Qo'nos map was added over three years ago. Same with player Starbases where nobody complained about having the bank on a seperate level than the shipyard.

It's an MMO, you can't put everything in one spot. The idea was to move around and make use of the map. Else, why are they even making maps for us in the first place?

i don't see how you thought I was attacking you in my response, I only pointed out the reason the your argument that new city bank would not be used if there was a bank at the kdf shipyard is flawed, if you take a counter argument as an attack then your argument was an attack itself so perhaps it is you who shouldn't go attacking others on the forum.

what I do with the equipment I have is my business, it is my choice if I keep sell or discard anything I have why would you think I blame others for my own choices.

just because nobody complained before does not mean I cannot raise the issue now if that were the case nobody would be able to complain about anything as at the first complaint you could say this hasn't been complained about before, having said that you are wrong in any case because I have raised this very issue some time ago so this has been complained about before.

just because the devs are busy with other things does not exclude me from asking for new stuff, if you check out many of the other threads on this forum you will see other players asking for new stuff quite a bit, or is it just me who is not allowed to ask for new stuff.

and finally how do you equate having a bank terminal at the space dock with having everything in one spot, theres plenty of other stuff not only in first city but also at the kdf academy so having a bank terminal at the space dock will not stop the need to move around and make use of all of the KDF maps.

• Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    ESD has terminals all over the place for your convenience. Qo'nos has only one location, except for mail. Too damn annoying I'm telling you!
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    lizweilizwei Member Posts: 936 Arc User
    Seems perfectly canon to me. Klingons are hardly the masters of efficient design after all... actually it's a wonder they can place space stations into orbit without them dropping out of the sky in a cataclysmic disaster of some sort.
    For glory and honour, of course.
  • Options
    lizwei wrote: »
    Seems perfectly canon to me. Klingons are hardly the masters of efficient design after all... actually it's a wonder they can place space stations into orbit without them dropping out of the sky in a cataclysmic disaster of some sort.
    For glory and honour, of course.

quite so but then everyone knows Klingons are lazy so you would think they would put a bank terminal within easy reach at the KDF shipyard.