test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Krenim Lockbox Blue Box Ship Concept: R'Mor Unificationist Temporal Carrier

leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
So on Enterprise, we see a ship of Vulcan configuration that is identified as a 32nd century "retrofitted dorsal carrier" onscreem. All we see is a basic MSD which identifies it as a carrier from the 32nd century and which gives us a basic idea of its configuration, which is like a 3-ring D'Kyr.

http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Retrofitted_dorsal_carrier

There's a hunger for sci-ships and we see fairly few carriers.

At the same time, this is a minor ship and unlikely to be appealing as a grand prize.

My suggestions, since we haven't seen it in detail:

- Give it a Romulan hull pattern, positioning it in a post-reunification timeline.

- Name it after Telok R'Mor, the time traveling Romulan

- Make it a sci ship to please people from the Rom and KDF factions looking for another sci ship.

- Interpret "dorsal carrier" to mean that it's a flight deck sci ship, which keeps the size and turnrate at desirable levels

- Allow it to equip timeship consoles

- Maybe give it an innate (non-battle) cloak. That might make it more appealing, making it appealing to all factions since it's a cloak for Feds and a sci vessel for Klingons and Roms -- but not TOO appealing since it includes no consoles/traits and is a T5 upgradeable ship like all blue box ships

- I would suggest also putting Aeon shuttles on the Lobi store as carrier pets
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    We already have a Romulan Temporal Sci ship named the R'Mor.
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The design (not necessarily the exact ship mind you) would be better suited as a rare Vulcan ship that's only available in the C-Store to both the Feds and Romulans (and an exception to the restriction of not allowing high level access to Fed equipment as a Fed-Aligned Romulan). Either let it only use regular Warp Cores, or let Romulans claiming it be stuck with a Singularity Core variant. Maybe let KDF-aligned Romulans also have access to it as well.

Homage to Nimoy or Spock optional (I do recall there was a push for such when Nimoy passed away).

Of course, if keeping strictly to the futuretech aspect of it like Temporal ships, I'm not sure which is the lesser of the two evils; a Lobi ship or a Lockbox Prime Prize ship (homage to Nimoy or not). Given that it's still a Vulcan ship and Vulcans are still Federation. It might be better if instead they repeated the same thing they did with the Temporal ships; one unique design per Faction. So Feds would probably get the Vulcan design, Romulans a Romulan variant of the Vulcan design, and an original KDF design.
  • Options
    captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If the Vulcans get any new ship, it should have two rings in a Venn diagram, instead of the three they will have in the 32nd century according to ENT.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    (...)
    Homage to Nimoy or Spock optional (I do recall there was a push for such when Nimoy passed away).
    (...)

I am in favour of a new Vulcan ship (because it might even push a Tellarite ship at one point :D) - however please don't name it after Spock or even Mr. Nimoy. You would do neither the character nor the person justice by naming a ship in a videogame about killing people after him.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    While the idea in itself looks ok, I don't think a 32nd century ship should come in a blue box. Kazon ships and those flying Tchernobyl ships from the Malon are blue box ships. A 32nd century ship would be too special compared to those.
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Even if Vulcan is in the Federation, they can develop a ship available for whole Alliance (for all players in Z-store)
    Already there are some joined trill scientistics in KDF same as in the Starfleet.

What about Suurok class retrofit ?
  • Options
    meldrithpwmeldrithpw Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    +signed

I've been asking for a sci carrier for a while. needs subsystem targeting, sensor analysis, secondary deflector, 2 hangar slots AND carrier commands.

of course, having 3 ship abilities (sensor analysis, subsystem targeting, and carrier commands,) such a ship should have a little less firepower than other sci and/or carriers--meaning either fewer than 3/3 weapons OR -weap power (perhaps as great as -15) to compensate.

+ intel seating with a "temporal battle cloak" would be nice, and maybe setting this up as a TS borg adapted would make me very happy as it would give me one more ship on which to put my Tal Shiar Adapted Borg tech set.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I am in favour of a new Vulcan ship (because it might even push a Tellarite ship at one point :D) - however please don't name it after Spock or even Mr. Nimoy. You would do neither the character nor the person justice by naming a ship in a videogame about killing people after him.
    That' why I mentioned it as optional. I wasn't exactly a fan of giving a warship a homage name, but some others were.

Which reminds me; I forget if it's some players or a Fed NPC, but I think I saw one ship named Nimoy or Spock. Probably a player ship or three, but it was hanging out with some of the static NPC ships I was randomly browsing one day.
  • Options
    binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    no logic in vulcan ship if federation is still there.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    binebane wrote: »
    no logic in vulcan ship if federation is still there.

That's not true, all federation members still have their own ships. Canonically there is for example the Vulcan Academy of Sciences which maintains their own fleet. However, member worlds aren't allowed to field an independent military fleet, so their former space navies are integrated into starfleet.

So it doesn't make sense that member worlds produce warships to fight in STOs story, that is true. However if those ships are utility and support ships here's nothing wrong with them being used alongside Starfleet operations and being crewed by Starfleet personnel.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That's not true, all federation members still have their own ships. Canonically there is for example the Vulcan Academy of Sciences which maintains their own fleet. However, member worlds aren't allowed to field an independent military fleet, so their former space navies are integrated into starfleet.

So it doesn't make sense that member worlds produce warships to fight in STOs story, that is true. However if those ships are utility and support ships here's nothing wrong with them being used alongside Starfleet operations and being crewed by Starfleet personnel.

And there could be a Vulcan design that's offered to Starfleet for use. Basically the same story with the Atrox carrier or the Kumari: they're all designed by member species, but offered to/retrofitted and then probably produced by Starfleet.

So a ship could have a Vulcan design because it could be designed by the Vulcans and only become a Starfleet vessel later on. Would make perfect sense and it'd be a nice addition to the Federation's shipyards.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    The design (not necessarily the exact ship mind you) would be better suited as a rare Vulcan ship that's only available in the C-Store to both the Feds and Romulans (and an exception to the restriction of not allowing high level access to Fed equipment as a Fed-Aligned Romulan). Either let it only use regular Warp Cores, or let Romulans claiming it be stuck with a Singularity Core variant. Maybe let KDF-aligned Romulans also have access to it as well.

Of course, if keeping strictly to the futuretech aspect of it like Temporal ships, I'm not sure which is the lesser of the two evils; a Lobi ship or a Lockbox Prime Prize ship (homage to Nimoy or not). Given that it's still a Vulcan ship and Vulcans are still Federation. It might be better if instead they repeated the same thing they did with the Temporal ships; one unique design per Faction. So Feds would probably get the Vulcan design, Romulans a Romulan variant of the Vulcan design, and an original KDF design.

I'm thinking of it as a consolation prize (ie. the T5 blue box prizes) that go cheap on the exchange and don't come WITH gear (but which sometimes have synergy with gear).

So not really for Lobi or all that rare. I don't think demand would support a Vulcan ship like this either on the C-Store or as a grand prize but MAYBE as a "consolation prize" that people sell cheap, which would expand the factionless sci-ship options at an affordable price for players. Then, after these flood the market, Cryptic could analyze how many people (especially Klingons) spend upgrade tokens on these ships to test whether more sci ships would be worthwhile.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    risian4 wrote: »
    And there could be a Vulcan design that's offered to Starfleet for use. Basically the same story with the Atrox carrier or the Kumari: they're all designed by member species, but offered to/retrofitted and then probably produced by Starfleet.

So a ship could have a Vulcan design because it could be designed by the Vulcans and only become a Starfleet vessel later on. Would make perfect sense and it'd be a nice addition to the Federation's shipyards.

Well, the ship I'm talking about is explicitly in canon from a 32nd century where the Klingons are Federation members and if it turned up in game, what we'd get would be 32nd century hull stripped of anything useful by the Ferengi.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I'm thinking of it as a consolation prize (ie. the T5 blue box prizes) that go cheap on the exchange and don't come WITH gear (but which sometimes have synergy with gear).

So not really for Lobi or all that rare. I don't think demand would support a Vulcan ship like this either on the C-Store or as a grand prize but MAYBE as a "consolation prize" that people sell cheap, which would expand the factionless sci-ship options at an affordable price for players. Then, after these flood the market, Cryptic could analyze how many people (especially Klingons) spend upgrade tokens on these ships to test whether more sci ships would be worthwhile.
    A consolation prize isn't a bad idea (as well as avoiding a possible 4-pc set with the Temporal ships and the rumored Krenim ship that's going around); but there's still been rumblings from players both here in the forums and in-game wanting a T6 Vulcan ship for awhile now (which already sits at T6 and is fairly neglected as-is).

It could work as a T6 Lockbox or Lobi ship similar to what one suggested; a Sci Ship Carrier with Sensor Analysis and a secondary deflector (3/3 weapons). It's weakness would probably be the inability to use any Frigate pets and it's slow turn rate (offsetting its otherwise potent Sci capabilities).

And it would definitely be in high demand for all factions (Romulans and KDF more if it's a full Sci ship with two hangars as extra; they've been wanting a Sci ship for awhile now; moreso than a carrier). And as someone else mentioned, all factions are more or less unified in the late future, so despite it's Vulcan origins, it wouldn't be all that unusual if the Romulans and KDF also utilized it. As well, like you said, Ferengis or the Federation will have already stripped them of any valuable advanced tech (except conveniently, the console).
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    While the idea in itself looks ok, I don't think a 32nd century ship should come in a blue box. Kazon ships and those flying Tchernobyl ships from the Malon are blue box ships. A 32nd century ship would be too special compared to those.

I think its fitting, as long as its bigger inside :P
  • Options
    edited May 2015

I actually would like to see a Starfleet design based on the Vulcan "circle warp nacelles" at one point. The ships in starfleet's service should look different and feature SF hull material. There's a sabre-variant that seems to be inspired by Andorian designs in the game, for instance (I don't recall the name, though). So the Andorian, Vulcan (and hopefully one day Tellarite) and Caitian ships are, in my headcanon, indeed full member world ships, either old ones or utility/science vessels in use by independent operations but were integrated into Starfleet in a support roll.

Non-canonically there is the example of the Tellarite Space Administration which has been made a sub-department of Starfleet. Their ships were given the USS prefix and have been crewed by Starfleet personnel (or rather the TSA adapted the Starfleet uniform code and were integrated in the hierarchy). I like that concept.
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I want that ship, or a Suurok or a D'Kyr refit. But not from the lockbox but from the c-store and not as a sci ship but as a Cruiser/Battlecruiser. It was already a mistake to make the D'Kyr a sci ship since it was a combat Cruiser in Enterprise.

Of course it had some science capabilities but the Ent-D or -E also have that, ever ship with sensor Arrays has that and the Vulcan Tech was just more advanced than Earth ships back then..

So the T6 D'Kyr or Suurok with a different (T6) skin in honor of Nimoy. Or maybe a Suurok and a D'Kyr Cruiser named Spock class and Sarek class. Both as Cruisers with 4/4 weapons or the Suurok as Battlecruiser with 5/3 weapons. both with 4 Tac consoles. The Suurok would have more Eng and the D'Kyr more sci consoles and a Lt. Cdr Sci slot.

Suurok: Lt. Tac, Lt. Cdr. Tac, Commander Eng, Lt. Cdr eng, Lt. Sci
    D'Kyr :Lt. Tac, Lt, Tac, Commander Eng, Lt. Cdr Eng, Lt Cdr. Sci
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    the op idea has no sense, why, because we dont know if the krenim have time technology at all, no hard canon evidence at all. again, point out the padd, but that could be anything.

unless the op has PROOF of the krenim having time technology. the idea as far as i am concerned is dead.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    the op idea has no sense, why, because we dont know if the krenim have time technology at all, no hard canon evidence at all. again, point out the padd, but that could be anything.

unless the op has PROOF of the krenim having time technology. the idea as far as i am concerned is dead.

If the KRenim make it in the game they will be based on temporal technology. Why? Beause Cryptic. Whatever a species did at one point in canon, even if it was only certan individuals, becomes the racial trait and sole fundament of the society in question.
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2015

A Krenim lockbox is pretty much confirmed. And the ship I'm proposing isn't a Krenim ship but is a Temporal Cold War Vulcan ship I think would be a nice thematic add-on to another temporal box. Although given the state of blue box prizes, it could really go in any lockbox (or the C-Store but I think making it a cheap-to-acquire lockbox ship would give Cryptic more data for the desirability of sci-ships).
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,022 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015

http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Krenim_weapon_ship
    They did have the technology in at least one timeline to create Chroniton Torpedoes, a Temporal Core, and a Temporal weapon. It was destroyed by Voyager in the Year of Hell when Voyager went Kamikaze. Although that Kamikaze run reset the timeline, who's to say they lost the ability to create it under different circumstances. The original weapon ship was an attempt to not only restore Krenim power after a plague in the Delta Quadrant, it was used by Annorax to also try and bring back his dead wife.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Krenim_weapon_ship
    They did have the technology in at least one timeline to create Chroniton Torpedoes, a Temporal Core, and a Temporal weapon. It was destroyed by Voyager in the Year of Hell when Voyager went Kamikaze. Although that Kamikaze run reset the timeline, who's to say they lost the ability to create it under different circumstances. The original weapon ship was an attempt to not only restore Krenim power after a plague in the Delta Quadrant, it was used by Annorax to also try and bring back his dead wife.

The episode heavily implies that the ship is a unique construction and the restored timeline lead Annorax to not pursue those plans further back int he 22nd century. Of course you can twist that around as Cryptic will definitely do, making the Krenim temporal warfare specialists and basing everything and their dog around chroniton weapons and clicky gimmicks, but from a storytelling and cinematic perspective the episode is very clear that this doesn't happen.
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They "possessed deadly weapons based on temporal science" and before the Weapon Ship and the paradox, Year Of Hell was supposed to have Voyager pounded on by Chroniton torpedoes, which could breach its shields.

Whether or not they had the Weapon Ship, they DID have temporal technology that we just never got to see.

The Weapon Ship may have been an inevitability, like developing warp drive, but I bet they had more up their sleeves, the Iconians know about it and that's why they're such a threat.
  • Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2015

A game Mr. Nimoy had no problem providing his voice for? I rather doubt he would mind.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    A game Mr. Nimoy had no problem providing his voice for? I rather doubt he would mind.

We cannot say. However providing expositional voiceover and having the "Spock Class" (or even Nimoy, although that would break outside of the universe as well so I don't see that being considered) kill trillions of people casually, being measured on how much destruction in short time it can deliver - I would feel it was inappropriate, personally.
    lFC4bt2.gif