Welcome to a Special Edition of the New Month Long Writer's Challenge!
Today we start the one month run of the sixty-ninth Literary Challenge: Winter Wonderland Celebrations
We will be running this event from the 12/01 to the 12/31.
You may enter 1 story for this topic over the course of the net month.
This month, our topic will be a single storyline...
Winter Wonderland Celebrations
The ancient tradition of Terran Winter Celebrations is such a festive and playful time in STO! Q is back and he brings us more Winter fun this year, with new snowmen, new weapons, new ships and more. This month's challenge is to write your own crews story centered around the event and festivities of the Terran winter season. But don't stop at Earth! You can tell us stories about any cultural celebrations from across the Star Trek universe. Perhaps the Andorians have tales of mysterious Vulcans who sneak into their homes at night and replace their toys with logic puzzles. Perhaps the Bajorans have a winter tradition that they hold dear involving incense and an Orb of Jolly. Maybe the Borg Queen is all alone on New Years and just longs for the day some dashing Android will meet her under the mistletoe and help her kill all humans. Or maybe your crew discovers a planet of elves who are ruled by a fanatical toy maker with a thirst for egg nog. Let your imaginations fly this month, and add your own twists of Trek Holiday Lore to the universe!
This is the writer's thread -- only entries should be made here.
The Discussion Thread for all three topics can be found HERE
We also have an Index of previous challenges HERE
The Basic Rules:
A few other important reminders:
- Each Challenge will run for 4 weeks. You may enter at any time during this open period.
- There are no right or wrong entries.
- Please keep discussion about the entries in the appropriate Discussion Thread.
Have fun Captains!
- Please obey the TOS rules and policies of our Forum with each entry.
- Anything overtly sexual or "adult" will be deleted. You have been warned. This is not a slash forum.
- Each poster can have one entry per topic. Feel free to edit your post to fix typos or add/ remove content as you see fit during the next month.
- After four weeks time, the thread will be locked and unstickied, as we move on to the next challenge.
- We'll have two threads: One to post the entries in and one to discuss the entries. **Cross-linking between these two threads is acceptable for these challenges ONLY!!**