test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I see the writers of Surface Tention have been watching Babylon 5 I see...(SPOLILERS)

2»

Comments

• Options
    wakerobertswakeroberts Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh Cryptic, if you're going to rip off another franchise, you really need to be less obvious about it. Star Trek is full of so many of it's own wonderful ideas and characteristics that we shouldn't have to do this. The new Undine planet killers... They're clearly a kitbash of Vorlon and Shadow planet killers from Babylon 5 season 3. Did you really think we wouldn't notice? I bet Straczynski's lawyers have already been on the phone. I'm just waiting for the day when you're going to roll back to S8.5 and start over. Good luck guys. Try coming up with an original idea next time.
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's the way of the entertainment industry since all time, and there is not such thing as a truly original idea. Everything we think to come up with in life is ultimately inspired by something else we see or experience and based off such.

It's just becoming more obvious because as time goes on there is less probability of coming up with seemingly original ideas, especially in science fiction, cause nearly everything that is possible in science fiction based upon the limits of human imagination has already been thought of and depicted. Most science fictions when I watch them have so much in common they are merely just different flavors of the same thing.
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I was thinking of that today, the Q and the Iconians, the Vorlons and the Shadows, my immediate reaction was "Ah WTF, don't tell me that's where all this is going".
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC