Install Arc
Options

A Stonewall Guide to Diplomacy 1.0

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    T'Rehes wrote:
    [...]Your science officer tells you something along the lines of results with on a person being more important than results with a lab, and in some of the info you're given it also says that one of the chemicals that turn positive in experimentation turned deadly when used on a person. [...]

Ah. I must've missed or glossed over that part of the text. That would potentially explain it, then.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Does anyone one know what the time frame is between First Contact missions? Forgive if this was asked already, but checking to be sure. I'm suspecting it's a daily quota, but since there's no formal timer on any of the DC missions, guessing is the only course so far.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Does anyone one know what the time frame is between First Contact missions? Forgive if this was asked already, but checking to be sure. I'm suspecting it's a daily quota, but since there's no formal timer on any of the DC missions, guessing is the only course so far.

From what I've seen with my testing it's 5 hours between first contact missions.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Great Guide, Thank You!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Cernan System Patrol
    We have arrived in the Cernan system, Captain.
    We are getting readings about some ship wreckage on the surface of the planet. I suggest we should investigate.
    We will need to approach the planet before we can send an away team to the surface of Cernan V.

This mission has NO combat involved, you approach a planet, beam to the surface with only 1 of your BO then you scan the wreckage on the planet.

This mission SHOULD (by the known guidelines) awards DXP, but it does not.
    I've submitted a bug #939593
  • Options
    edited August 2010

In an effort to make life more fun, Ive seen reports ranging from 5hrs to 3 days. I think it may be based on play time, but am not sure.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I need some advice...

As VA1 I start with just one DXP. I'll need 159 additional points (the tooltip says 140, that's strange but not the problem) for Attach
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hellspawny wrote: »
    I need some advice...

As VA1 I start with just one DXP. I'll need 159 additional points (the tooltip says 140, that's strange but not the problem) for Attach
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for the info. Since space anomaly missions don't count and all ground collect data missions turned into npc combat (for me) lately this will be a stony road.

Edit: Aid the planet seems to work for me and I finally got a collect data ground mission yesterday. I got distracted by my accolades list which still shows 1/160 for Attach
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for this informative guide, T'Rehes. : ) I've been away from the game for some time now and haven't had a chance to begin fiddling with FDC content just yet, so this has really helped me get m'head 'round how things work before I jump back in. I did have a few questions regarding the KDF BOff reward that I find are still unanswered after a morning of reading your guide and searching the forums.

Is the KDF BOff reward a one-time reward upon reaching the rank of Federation Ambassador (as your guide would seem to imply)? or can an Ambassador "re-earn" this reward multiple times?

Is it possible for a player to earn a KDF BOff reward with an Ambassador alt, and then email that BOff to one of their non-Ambassador alts? or is the BOff reward bound to the Ambassador that earned it? or is the BOff otherwise only "equippable" / "commissionable" by alts that have also achieved the Federation Ambassador rank?

--Chris
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for this informative guide, T'Rehes. : ) I've been away from the game for some time now and haven't had a chance to begin fiddling with FDC content just yet, so this has really helped me get m'head 'round how things work before I jump back in. I did have a few questions regarding the KDF BOff reward that I find are still unanswered after a morning of reading your guide and searching the forums.

Is the KDF BOff reward a one-time reward upon reaching the rank of Federation Ambassador (as your guide would seem to imply)? or can an Ambassador "re-earn" this reward multiple times?

Is it possible for a player to earn a KDF BOff reward with an Ambassador alt, and then email that BOff to one of their non-Ambassador alts? or is the BOff reward bound to the Ambassador that earned it? or is the BOff otherwise only "equippable" / "commissionable" by alts that have also achieved the Federation Ambassador rank?

--Chris

At this moment, the KDF Boff reward is a one-time reward. There is always the possibility that more rewards will be added to the diplomatic corps. Since it is a one-time reward, then few people would trade their "unique" bridge officer since they can only get one.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Great guide!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Patrol Orion sector

The Pellme II mission - sensor investigation grants 10 DXP
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    HUGE update is finished now.

Maps and pictures have been added for each of the 7 story line missions, and a picture has also been added for Yoshi.

More details have been added for Vulcan and Quarantine

Pictures have been added for the DXP icons.

Minor formatting changes
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    its the patrol Vestalan system for mines grants 10 DXP
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    so far none of the "scan planet for decalithium" missions seem to give DXP.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    STOJET wrote:
    so far none of the "scan planet for decalithium" missions seem to give DXP.

I think they patched those out of of the Diplomatic Corps.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    anyone have any idea how to get the first first contact mission at envoy back if you somehow(dont ask how)deleted it.. this happened and now Jiro wont give it back to me, and I can't seem to get any other first contact missions..
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    thor2010 wrote:
    anyone have any idea how to get the first first contact mission at envoy back if you somehow(dont ask how)deleted it.. this happened and now Jiro wont give it back to me, and I can't seem to get any other first contact missions..

You can´t get them back. You have to wait for a new one. I´m not sure what the cooldown of those are. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Because of the bugs in the explore missions, i'm not changing the rules on them. When the bugs are fixed, i'll edit that section.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    T'Rehes wrote:
    [You can find the online guide by being cool and clicking here!

You can find the print-formated guide by being awesome and clicking here!

Is it better to be cool? or to be awesome? Can i be both? What happens if i click on both links? Does one cancel out the other one? Has this been determined?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    T'Rehes wrote:
    Not all explore missions grant DXP.

They need to be:

Missions that have no combat objective (kill TRIBBLE squads, etc)
    Can't be Scan Anomalies
    Can't be the scan prob fragments w/ hostile aliens ground mission

Other than that, unless the mission is bugged in general, you should get DXP.

Check the guide for more details.

One of the missions in the Aid the Deferi daily is one where you go around salvaging things with hostiles around, but you don't have to kill them. It won't, however, give me DXP. Do you have a guess as to why?
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    spartan844 wrote:
    One of the missions in the Aid the Deferi daily is one where you go around salvaging things with hostiles around, but you don't have to kill them. It won't, however, give me DXP. Do you have a guess as to why?

My guess is that A) They are revamping the system and are not sure what counts for what at the moment, or B) The rule has changed, or C) It's a bug.

I tend to think it is B or C. This weekend I plan to get a few of my friends and do test hours on the explore missions to see what still gives what.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    T'Rehes wrote:
    It's not a story line FDC mission, so it's under other ways to earn DXP
    Personally, I disagree with your choice to put A Taste of Home down under the PvE section. I'd expect it to be up with the other MemAlpha Diplo Missions. It was one of the eight new missions added just for the FDC. I mean it's still a story, it's not much of one, but it is. Just my thought/opinion.

Regardless, you've done a fantastic job on this guide. Thank you and Well done!

And since I like to be the type to give my opinions, if any of you are curious as to my overall experience with the FDC, give this thread a read:
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=176046
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    TBH, I got back and forth on it. What decided me is that the story line missions are actually Diplomatic type things, saving people, stopping conflict, etc. Taste of home is just a fed ex mission.

I'll likely re-do my formatting once more when they come out with one of the new mission type.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Two more FDX missions found while playing an Alt:

Mission Giver: Commander Adina Charles (DS9)
    Misison: Patrol the Kalandra Sector
    SubMission: Patrol Chapel System

Scan some wreakage.
    FDC Value: 10 FDX.

Mission Giver: Commander Adina Charles (DS9)
    Misison: Patrol the Algira Sector
    SubMission: Lilsis System Patrol

Scan some asteroids.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Another 10 FDX found while playing an Alt:

Mission Giver: Commander Samuel Winters (ESD)
    Misison: Patrol the Orion Sector (Lt 6)
    SubMission: Pellme Sensor Investigation

Scan some Sensors.

Edit: Nevermind, I see you already had this as an Other.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Nice, I'm going through all the pats and other missions on an alt now, taking pics, for the next big update,
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    T'Rehes wrote:
    Nice, I'm going through all the pats and other missions on an alt now, taking pics, for the next big update,
    I've been alting recently so they can do the Weekly Missions, and while on them I play them a bit. I look forward to your updated guide, thanks!

I figure maybe eventually I'll make a "Ambassador Only" character. So I've been logging which of the "Pre-made" missions are non-combat and give FDX. So as I find them, I'll post them here, I assume that's ok?

Oh, and here's one that *SHOULD* give FDX, but does not:
    Misison: Patrol the Kassae Sector (Lt 7)
    SubMission: Secure Cernan System
    Scan some Wreakage.
    FDC Value: 0 FDX. :(

For what it's worth, I reported it as a bugged mission, tkt #968,445.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Misison: Patrol the Celes Sector (Lt 7)
    SubMission: Secure Zenik

Scan some Cocoons.