test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dodge left, right, not working correctly when camera not set to "Always face forward"

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I did a search and couldn't find a thread with this already mentioned...I like to play ground combat with the "Character always faces forward" camera option set to off. The only problem is whenever I perform a double-tap dodge to left, right, or backward the character dodges the direction they are facing, and because the first tap turns the character he always dodges in the wrong direction then intended.

This could be fixed by having the character dodge in the direction the camera is facing when the "character always faces forward" option is turned off instead of having the character dodge in the direction that he is facing.

Or if that can't be programmed without some difficulty then the dodge direction could be calculated based on the direction the avatar was facing before pressing the double-tap rather then be calculated based off the direction the avatar is facing in the middle of performing the double tap.