test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My tactical officer now outranks me

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I promoted my crew today and somehow my tactical officer went to commander insted of leiutenant.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Due to lag i suppose that the request was send to the databank-server and then you tryed to promote him again and then he was promoted 2 times instead of one time.

A request must be made to the databank so that it will not be allowed for you to promote him by accident to the same or even higher rank than you are.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have this bug too but my tactical officer is now the same rank as me not higher. I did look and see if I could promote her again and the only reason the game said I couldn't was because I didn't have enough merits not because I wasn't high enough rank.

I tried with my other officers, science and engineering, and the game told me that I wasn't high enough rank to promote them so to me it appears that it's tactical officers but I might be wrong.

Interesting bug/exploit and I haven't searched the forums but I'd be interested in knowing how many people report exploits as apposed to to other bugs that hinder their game instead of enhance it.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yup I got the same issue with BO.

--

Also have BO's with multiple skills in space @ ensign level. This happens when you replace a skill @ skilltrainer with the skill window open when there is some latency/lag. Then it doesn't actually replace the skill but add the new one and then remove the old one (the latter won't happen).

If you don't reopen the skill window you can put skillpoints in both the single BO's multiple space ensign skills.

they do count to BO skill points given in order to promote him, but you cannot access the second skill in space combat in any way. (so consider them lost)