test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BOF's not what they appear to be...

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
This is most annoying, every time I requisition a new BOF, choose not only based on skills, but mainly on race and sex. Now, my problem is that what the BOF is labeled is NOT what you get when you purchase them. I attempted several different times and each time gave me something different.

Most notably, I attempted to requisition a Ferengi and a Klingon, both ended up as the "unknown" alien type species with generic bland features and purple/bluish skin.

Now, I thought maybe this is because Ferengi and Klingon are not in yet as BOF's and they are just placeholders, so I tried with a different species known to be in game.

I bought a Vulcan Male Science Officer and instead received an Andorian Female Science Officer.

This is really annoying and needs to be fixed fast. buying random race/sex combinations for BOF's is bad.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I choose an andorian science female and got a bajoran male. Named Kev.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same here, i chose a female andoran tac officer and called her fluffy. when i did the first away mission, i noticed the blue she is now a green he. still called fluffy though. poor bloke.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The Tactical Officer I received in the Tutorial is still a Female Andorian.. the Two Officers I've received from Missions afterwards (Patrol Vulcan Sector and Azura Blues) both ended up being Random Alien males (that look like Identical Twins go figure).
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i thought we were supposd to be able to change the way our BO's looked? i have yet to find this feature anywhere?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    same thing happen to me.
    unknown alien species all over the place
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hominid wrote: »
    I choose an andorian science female and got a bajoran male. Named Kev.

I HATE KEV! :mad:
    Being able to choose the race at the requisition screen is brand new (wasn't in CB even at the end, iirc), so I expect it is thoroughly bugged. At least the UI is in.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I also have this same issue. If everyone who ahs this issue doesn't mind, please head over to this thread:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=57978

and list these things:

Officer type (science, engineer, tactical)

Race (If it has one)

What type you actually got.

Hopefully if we get enough listed the devs may be able to find a solution.

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So, I wasn't imagining things. During tutorial I chose vulcan science officer and later when on Vega I noticed that he wasn't vulcan anymore. More of unknown bluish something. Sex hasn't changed though.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Eggman55 wrote: »
    i thought we were supposd to be able to change the way our BO's looked? i have yet to find this feature anywhere?

The Tailor at Earth Starbase.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Eggman55 wrote: »

You can at the same place where you change your own looks, but you can only customize within the specie that your BOF is and you can't select the gender.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    My character is an Engineer so I took female Vulcan Tactical officer for that first quest reward and she turned into Bolian Male. My inner Kirk was not amused.

I was more upset when I beamed down to Vega he wasn't in my away team.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Three things as an FYI:

1) As of right now, the 'free' BOs you get are lacking in racial skills. Posted about issue, but not known if the devs know about it.

2) If you want a race/gender combination of your choosing, you'll have to buy them manually and then retrain said officer for the skills. Total creation of your BOs aren't in the game for some crazy reason, and this is the only way you can get them.

3) Once you do get the race/gender you want for your BO, you can hit the Tailor and design their uniform and exactly how they look.

Yes, this is extremely backwards in a game that offers full customization with everything else (like in CO, as this is the exact same engine running both).