test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

connecting to account the account server

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
when boarding some ship i got kicked from the server restarted STO and logged in and everytime i get the connecting to account server screen and it doesnt continue..

edit: now i even get a time out.. on connecting to account server,,,:(
been having the problem for nearly one hour now...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hello matey,

Looks to me that its the amount of players trying to log in at once and the authentication server is currently overloaded... (probably 90% of the culprits are the yanks! :P)

I suggest giving it a bit of time or keep trying... :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Rath wrote: »
    Hello matey,

Looks to me that its the amount of players trying to log in at once and the authentication server is currently overloaded... (probably 90% of the culprits are the yanks! :P)

I suggest giving it a bit of time or keep trying... :)

you are probably wright... I is the all the players in the US causing the problem..

let us europeans play as well would you :P
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I never got in to start at all and now I am stuck at 'Connecting to the account server...' as well. Is anyone getting flashbacks of the Aion's start?... Oh No!!!... not again!!! I thought this was Star Wars Online, not Aion 2. I really do not want to go through that again. Aion had three days of pre-launch for pre-orders and I never got to logon once during that time because I could not get past the login queue. Is the same thing going to happen here? This is not good... not happy. Because of the poor start by Aion, which was the final straw for me with that game, its pre-order box went back unopenned. That is how I vote... with my money.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    lexstriker wrote: »
    I never got in to start at all and now I am stuck at 'Connecting to the account server...' as well. Is anyone getting flashbacks of the Aion's start?... Oh No!!!... not again!!! I thought this was Star Wars Online, not Aion 2. I really do not want to go through that again. Aion had three days of pre-launch for pre-orders and I never got to logon once during that time because I could not get past the login queue. Is the same thing going to happen here? This is not good... not happy. Because of the poor start by Aion, which was the final straw for me with that game, its pre-order box went back unopenned. That is how I vote... with my money.

Rememer Lex, this is BETA. What they are most likely doing is stress testing the servers by putting a purposful queue or bandwidth limit on the login server, either that or it simply is the amount of log in requests... I would suggest leaving it perhaps a day, but I know how anxious you all are to play the game... hell you guys have your clients - mine is still downloading! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    well this is what open beta's are for..

but whe can gather this under a bit of a dissapointment sofar,, the servers they have are not up to so many people playing the same areas
    hopefully they will fix the problems soon... maybe putting up some more servers xD

edit: @rath you took the words right out of my mouth, and hell yes i want to play. the turorial was fine and all and I just started my first real mission.. tommorow is my day of but i still want to sneak in a few hours before going to sleep.

and how long is your download going to take if your downloading the client now? did mine 2 days before the open beta start..

for all of you in the us it's like 23:15 over here
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    FOUND THE PROBLEM

after restart of game i started the client directly and not via the desktop icon

there was a patch already in like 2 minutes...

back ingame now!!

woot
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yep, 2222 over on this tiny island! ;)

Oh I was silly and only started the DL today... still, am torrenting it and the speed is better than from fileplanet or the official downloader.

Best time of the euro's to play is when the yanks are in bed :) So generally any time between 0600 and 1800 GMT :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    from one problem into the other...

map is full... aargh :P

tommorow morning bright and early thats the solution for me i gues..

goodnight to you i"m off to bed this is no use

stupid americans.. exept the ones who made the game ^^