test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Screenshots from the Trailer! (August 11, 2008)

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Thousands of people have downloaded the first gameplay trailer in the past 24 hours.

We want to give you a closer look at some of the ships, so we've updated our screenshots page with three new shots from the trailer.

See it all in our gallery!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm thrilled to hear that the trailer's being so widely seen. Grats, guys. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    That is awesome.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    They're better in motion. :o
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Cool

Using them in my screensaver.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I haven't played an online RPG yet, but I have wanted to and resisted the temptation...up until now. I will definitely be playing Star Trek Online, it's exactly what I've been looking for and I have very fond memories of Star Trek and its a wellspring for my imagination, I can't wait. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    It's great to finally see STO alive! Bring it on!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I am glad that the trailer has been viewed by so many people already, and these screenshots are excellent! Good work!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Beautiful shots. I cannot wait to get more into this lore. I hope I am up to speed by the time launch comes around,
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Really love the ship designs and the fact that the'll be so upgradeable. I loves me them ships!

Hmm, you'll notice that the closeups of the characters aren't included though.... ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Simply Awesome! I cannot wait for this!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    These shots look great and I was one of the many to download the trailer!! Cryptic does great work! I can't wait until this game is launched! It's going to be fun.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Waited a long time for this game but now its are time Star trek fans. Can't wait for a hands on experinece
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    The large scale battle against the Borg in the trailer looks very awesome. I am curious about the very small Federation ships that can be seen attacking. They are of course dwarfed by the larger starships so we don't get a real good look at them.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    YES!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for this to be up and running.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    The large scale battle against the Borg in the trailer looks very awesome. I am curious about the very small Federation ships that can be seen attacking. They are of course dwarfed by the larger starships so we don't get a real good look at them.

They almost looked like Delta Flyer style ships, there was a PE design called the Edison-class that was similar in design. I wonder if that's what they were.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Wonderful simply wonderful (hehe got the borg on fed battle as my desktop backround). Honestly I know you guys are careful about when and how you release info but nothing hypes me up more than screenshots and videos so keep 'em coming if you can.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I am happy to see so many people interested in this game.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Here were the scans of the Edison-class I was talking about, a few others as well:

http://www.jeuxonline.info/jolfiches/popup.php?captureid=9084

http://www.jeuxonline.info/jolfiches/popup.php?captureid=9083
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Thanks for these scans! Before I saw those I only knew about PEs Sacagawea. That's the good thing about a large community: almost every question can be answered - even if nobody asked :cool:
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I can't wait to explore the universe built into this game. It looks jaw-dropping and quite expansive. Keep up the good work guys, I look forward to it.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    sry looks crappy...
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    must say it was a good choice to post the pictures like this, since the speed of the trailer forced you to view it more then once to actully get a grip of how the grafics and such looked, personly got a screenshot of the starbase on my desktop now, it's mind blowing.

for some reaon i don't like the borg cubes, they looks small or it's just the view.
    but then again it's a question of view and getting used to it since were used to the photo realism from the series.

here is my desktop picture from the trialer.
    http://www.golegend.com/legend/portal/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=5134

Olsen wrote: »
    sry looks crappy...

at least say what you don't like.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I'll be impressed when tens of thousands have seen the trailer.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Really love the ship designs and the fact that the'll be so upgradeable. I loves me them ships!

Hmm, you'll notice that the closeups of the characters aren't included though.... ;)

/grumble

I did notice that Rogue :eek:
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    The screenshots are brilliant, is there any chance of having them in a nice big widescreen resolution to use as my desktop background? Especially the picture where the ship is flying over the ring of the planet and you see the lens flare, thats an amazing shot!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Minty wrote: »
    The screenshots are brilliant, is there any chance of having them in a nice big widescreen resolution to use as my desktop background? Especially the picture where the ship is flying over the ring of the planet and you see the lens flare, thats an amazing shot!

There were some better versions put up in another thread by other forumites, here's one:

http://ff.247xs.nl/startrekonline/trailer1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    The_Padre wrote: »
    There were some better versions put up in another thread by other forumites, here's one:

http://ff.247xs.nl/startrekonline/trailer1.jpg

Thanks, its a great shot but not nearly as sharp as the other one. I do hope they will make proper wallpaper soon :)
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Olsen wrote: »
    sry looks crappy...

And what would you know? It looks great, fact!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Both the movie and the screenshots are great! :D I can hardly wait for more! What I'm really wondering now is when cryptic is going to release details about the plot/stories, they mentioned they would in the webcast.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I like the trailer. Characters are designed so-so but ships and effects are stunning. Hardly wait to play it :D