test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

August 10 Webcast Info! (August 7, 2008)

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I sure hope the site doesn't crash, with all the people trying to watch the stream...
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I'd like to invite folks to use our realtime shoutbox for the duration of the event for discussion and such. You can access it at http://www.hailingfrequency.co.uk/boards and the shoutbox is at the top of the forum

i will be on that shoutbox! :D aswell as the StoZone one, will you be extending the lengh of the shoutbox again? as get the feeling the convosations will be going over 400mph :rolleyes:
    Kestrel wrote: »
    We are planning on having a recording of the event up after the webcast. Stay tuned for details.

awesome!! that way if it goes on longer than i think it will i can catch up later and the people who cannot attend nor watch it live can easily watch it later :)
    Hathaway wrote: »
    I believe it's 9:30 for us in the UK.
    The {UFP} will be watching and discussing the event as it happens

as will i and virtually all other UK fans! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hathaway wrote: »
    I believe it's 9:30 for us in the UK.
    The {UFP} will be watching and discussing the event as it happens:)

Would this be am or pm?

and i can't wait either =o i wanna see that gameplay so bad.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Yer camera guy needs some help, he was struggling in the initial piece. Tell him to stop making cell phone calls while rolling, unless he's going to scrap the audio. Tell him to put some background music in his webcasts. Tell him to loosen the brakes on his tripod because it looks like he's fighting it, not using it. Tell to plan out his shots a little more before he shoots to keep from looking like "Uncle Jim with a handicam".

Yes, I am super critical. I apologize. I am a card carrying member of Local 600 (Motion Picture Camera Union) and bad camera work makes me crazy. For the Nimoy thing I would reccomend getting at least 2 cameras on sticks with an operator picking off wides, mediums, CUs. (If you cant get operators, set reasonable static shots and change them from time to time as you roam with a 3rd camera handheld)

Good luck to you! I am headed down to the con again! My day will be cut short as there is a Steeler game on @ 4:30 I will be down there on Sunday listening with as much interest as I can muster after 16 days of drinking and gambling! (Arrived early to close out Quark's bar in style!!!)

David C Edwards
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Siimon wrote: »
    Would this be am or pm?

and i can't wait either =o i wanna see that gameplay so bad.
    That will be pm.

Can't wait to see the presentation and I hope it will go off without a hitch.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Will there be a recorded version of the webcast? I have to work that day and won't be off till 5 pm EST :confused:

Nevermind - just read it a few posts up!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I absolutely cannot wait for the live webcast! When it was first revealed that there would be gameplay footage at the Star Trek convention in Las Vegas, I seriously considered going but this webcast will be just as good! I am looking forward to it!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Ohhhh I gonna be there, you betta believe that!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I'm just so glad to be here, and happy to meet everyone who's here! This is so exciting! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Sounds good and I am very pleased in regards to the webcast plus a recording of it later on. :D

I'll be online ready for the reveal and I hope the I.T. guys at Cryptic have beefed up the servers. They'll get a big hit once people start getting ready for it.

Should be good! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Looking forward to it!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Ah, ill be getting back from Alaska that day...OOO well, Im really greateful there will be a live broadcast.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    We have set up a chatroom at www.ufplanets.com/chat/ for anyone who wants to watch and discuss the webcast in real time. Visitors are most welcome to join :)
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I have been waiting for a long time for Star Trek Online to come out. I will definitely watch the webcast!

Thanks for all your hard work, and I hope this game is worth the amount of time it took to make it!

:eek: :D
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I'll definitely watch it. Hopefully it'll work out well for us overseas. :cool:
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    i'm crossing my fingers :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Just a quick question. Is this webcast going to be available to be replayed after the original broadcast? I am going to be at work at the time it is on, so I will not be able to watch it.

Thanks to anyone who knows the answer.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Just a quick question. Is this webcast going to be available to be replayed after the original broadcast? I am going to be at work at the time it is on, so I will not be able to watch it.

Thanks to anyone who knows the answer.
    Back at the start of the thread Kestrel said there would be a recorded version with any luck :).
    I can't watch it live but i will look forward to viewing the recorded version :)
    Kestrel wrote: »
    We are planning on having a recording of the event up after the webcast. Stay tuned for details.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Alright, I'm all setup to record in near perfect quality just in case the official plans fall through. I'll try to have the video up as soon as I can after the webcast...all depends on converting and upload times. It'll be in DivX.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Good thing its a nice time for those of us in the UK, I remember staying up til 3am at this E3 watching the action :eek:.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    F
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    well i can't wait, will it say when it will be in shops and how much it will cost, wat time is it show for the UK people.

so can't wait for it, to create the U.S.S Destroyer :P
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I hope that once the game wil be released that it wil also show up in Belgium close to the release in stead of about a year after the release like with most MMO games
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Can't wait should be awesome :D Wish I could be in Vegas
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hello all!

I'm really looking forward to the webcast, I'm going to be Live Blogging it on my new Star Trek Online Blog Boldly Play using Cover It Live. If anyone is interested in joining me, I'm going to be opening up the floor for the webcast, so everyone can contribute. After the webcast is over, the discussion is saved for replay, so there will be a permanent record.

Come by and check it out, it is going to be a lot of fun.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Why is it that every time an STO countdown ends, I'm out in the archipelago with a mobile broadband connection? Ah well, I'm getting decent reception right now; I'll try to watch the webcast tonight!

Looking forward to it!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    4:30pm eastern... woo woo!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Can hardly wait :eek: I'm counting down the hours!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I really hope the game is worth all the hype.
    Some of the details that we know of, worry me.
    Only 2 races to choose from?
    Start off as Captain? Of what? A shuttlecraft or garbage scow? :confused:
    If progressing in the game is RANK, why on Earth do you begin as captain? Rank means NOTHING once you are captain of your own ship. Unless its a garbage scow. Right?

There has never been a Star Trek video game that was worthy of the name STAR TREK.
    Tribble poo is worth more than all of them put together.

Heres to hope. (raises glass of scotch)
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    4 hours to go!!!! Whooo!!!