test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic Studios is Developing Star Trek Online! (July 28, 2008)

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    wow... gameplay footage so soon! this is great!!!!!:D
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    may we all have fun in the game to come. ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    The screenshots are great, beautiful will be able to visit those places
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Woot! I knew this was coming some way, somehow! I can't wait to explore CRYPTIC's vision that is STO! Known as Arcane Angel on CO, I'm a long-time fan of STO. I was sad to see PE destroy the vision, but glad to see Cryptic has restored it!

I can't wait to hear more details about STO!

:)
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Congratz, you made us have fate in the future of Star Trek again.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I must confess, I'm as giddy as a Japanese schoolgirl.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Well, it's about frakkin' time. Good on Cryptic for the "Immaculate Reception". Now, focus on quality, functionality and bugless gameplay......then you have a winner. We shall see. Don't crush our hopes and expectations, Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Halliwell wrote: »
    Congratz, you made us have fate in the future of Star Trek again.

I agree there Thanks Cryptic for taking Control. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    This is awesome.

I love you Cryptic! <3

:D
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I seriously had lost all hope for ST:O, then i was looking at a fourm for it......and there was a post that said monday July 28th 2008...... and i learned about the countdown timer. it sparked in me..hope..and it lives!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I have complete faith in Cryptic Studios to develop Star Trek Online the way that we have all been waiting for, and I am anxiously awaiting the live webcast featuring gameplay footage and further details of the game. In addition, although it seemed like it took forever for the countdown timer to complete, I believe that waiting for new details on the game to emerge will seem to take much longer!
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I have grown up playing Star Trek on the playground as a young boy. Fighting my mom and dad to stay up and watch the show. It was on at my bedtime so it took some persuasion. I was so very pleased with the movies and I can remember sitting in the theater with the sobs and as our beloved ENTERPRISE started her death spiral into the Genesis planets atmosphere. I rejoiced at STNG, DS9, VOYAGER, and ENTERPRISE. Now, the DREAM IS ALIVE. The thought of joining with all my brother and sister LOYAL AND FAITHFUL TREKKERS in our on own MMORPG. You dont wanna see a Klingon cry do ya, its not easy with no tear ducts.....................
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Well.. I`m looking forward for this game.. The ONLY Startrek series I haven`t seen yet, is the original series..
    After all the talk on the previous ST:O forum I was member of, I can`t wait to see what the BETA gives us :) But ONE thing I DO know: ST:O will beat SW:G down theire boots and then some.. :P
    So to all you other star trek fans: Allthough I`m new to the Star trek Univers and only know some of the enemies of the alliance, like the Borg, and species 327 (?), I hope I will be greeted well here :)
    so. To quote my fav. char: Live long, and prosper :)
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I'm very glad that they decided to get on with the development :). But now we know they are developping; how far are you guys so far? When will it be launched? We don't know how far perpetual was, because they didn't show a lot of the game. I'm very very happy that we can see in 11 days, how fantastic the game looks.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Oh this is so wonderful! I already had my alias laid out, and my story, and then *poof*, no more Perpetual. I cired, really, because I was so looking forward to exploring the ST universe. And now this!! I hope, albeit a little selfish, that you will use some of the input from diehard fans in the development of the game, and that it will be as wonderful as we all have dreamed.

Thank you!!!!!! :eek:
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Darn! Missing it in person by only 2 days! Oh well, the live webcast will be totally awesome!
    Congratulations CRYPTIC!!
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I am most pleased as well as happy that we may expect this grand upcoming title and i am sure that it will be to all and everyones liking, thank you in advance! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Thank the maker
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I am very happy to see that this is still moving forward. From what I can see of the screenshots there will be hubs just like fleet yards for repairs (mender) starbases for recreation and activities such as tradeskilling and such. Obviously there has been serious work put into this ever since they bought the rights a while back. Great Job with the presentation and buzz! I wish I was willing to move to california to work on this game. I have dreamed about this game since Star Trek: A Final Unity came out for P75 computers. I also hope they aren't trying to rush it for release with the movie. I want this game to be not good, not great.......EPIC *resounding echo* in its fun and playability while keeping as much high tech looking graphics as possible is more of what I am looking for. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Man, iam like flying in the sky or iam dreaming :confused: Please dont wake me up :p
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Can hardly wait till August 10th!!!!:eek: Hopefully they'll reveal some kick TRIBBLE gameplay footage which will make all of us very excited :D
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I am so glad about Cryptic taking over the reigns from "the company that shall not be named" and adding in their own style of Trek-goodness.

I have been playing StarTrek from the days when FASA Corporation owned the RPG rights back in the 80's and 90's, and on to West End Games, and now where it sits: Wizards of the Coast. I've been looking for players of the First and Second Editions of this MASSIVE franchise, but, alas, I cannot find many players who remember crafting M-class planets in star systems with the tables found in the back of the Captains' Guide.

Now that Cryptic is controlling the creativity and the visuals, I sincerely hope they place AUTHENTICITY and TIMELINE ahead of certain ASSUMED player-based / fan-based PREFERENCES. Don't get me wrong-- there are people out there who love StarTrek as it currently stands, and there is argument for expanding this; Understand, there are those who are NEVER satisfied, no matter how you look at things; even to the point of picking the tiniest of inconsistencies out and bashing those who find those particular people abrasive and unwavering in their stance. These people, on other forums, are known as FanBoys (or FanGals), for no other reason than to fan the flames of ignorance and place themselves as THE ULTIMATE ENCYCLOPEDIAS OF THEIR SOURCE, revoking the kind and often gentle ramblings of us who are truly fans and enjoy the 'suspension of disbelief', if only for a few hours... :mad:

I also respect Cryptic for doing what they can to place this into Beta as soon as they possibly can. I also feel that those at Cryptic will take the "flaming" of our forums and those who seek to hack and cripple the gameplay to meet their ends, prosecuting these "infidels" to the fullest extent of StarFleet regulation: Court Martial them in a Court of their Peers. Online, if possible. :D

I have played other online games and the hacking and bot-texters splattering their "buy game money with cash at our site" TRIBBLE, ruining the game for others whom feel a yearning to be in the game and/or universe and rub elbows with Captain Kirk, Captain Janeway, Captain Sisko, Captain Archer and others for the camaraderie StarFleet can provide to its members.

As a member of StarFleet, I believe it is in OUR best interest to let everyone know there will be checks and balances in place to keep these kinds of things at bay.

Again, I want to thank Cryptic for their work on OUR most beloved franchise, and that I'm in to play! ^_^
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Kestrel wrote: »
    Trek Fans Worldwide Are Invited to MMO Gamplay Reveal at Annual Star Trek Convention August 10, 2008 or Via Live Webcast at www.startrekonline.com .

Thank you, thank you, really thank you:D
    very nice this is being set up.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Glad to see that Star Trek Online is being designed!
    Quality and customer satisfaction are very important. Hopefully Cryptic Studios keeps those two items in mind.
    I've always loved the Star Trek universe and am sure that I will enjoy playing STO in the future.
    Thank you for giving us StarTrek fans HOPE!
    Sincerely David Starr
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    do us proud Cryptic!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    This is incredibly cool, well done guys!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    so happy they took this over
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Paramount did make a lot of games on PC the best startrek games !
    But I'am looking forward to this online game it will change the nature off startrek !
    It will be bigger then World off warcraft and bigger then GTA 4 !
    Increditable that it finaly will be there it's good to know !
    From the story's I can't wait to see whats out there !
    He I realy hope tose dumm hackers will nott spoile this fun.
    I certainly hope to start on august 10th I realy want to see this for my self .
    Well i try to dream about what its like the game but i gues just waiting is all we can do right now.
    But would be nice if we know what the spec is for are personal computer .
    So we can make adjustments before start running the game online.
    He this would be nice i can't wait I
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    This is the best news I have heard in a while!
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Did the last load of idiots leave you with any coding or is it starting from scratch? When is the release date target for you guys?
This discussion has been closed.