test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Discovery Starter Package error

The GM asked me to post the Zen store issue I currently have with item: "Discovery Starter Package" as I cannot claim the weapons, pet or title because the "discount" tab in the Zen Store doesn't show up.
The items I can't claim are the:
1 [Discovery Phaser Sniper Rifle]
1 [Discovery Phaser Stun Pistol]
1 Tardigrade Companion, a non-combat ground pet
Title: Discovered

I was successfully able to claim:
12 Inventory slots
1 [PROMO] 150,000 Experience Bonus Pool
Prototype Light Exploration Cruiser

The item on the official wiki is found at: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Age_of_Discovery_Starter_Pack

The Ship is claimable on other Federation toons, but the ability to claim the weapons, etc is not available.
Other than that is gives me no error code. I hope this is helpful.
Thank you for your time and effort in making an enjoyable and fun game.

Comments

• Options
    salbelly#5273 salbelly Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    An update: apparently you have to wait for a "developer update" to fix it so I can get the items rather than just being given them by a GM. lol
    I'm beyond words. An interesting system indeed.
  • Options
    velrennvelrenn Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I have the same issue and, based on your second comment I'd imagine everyone else as well...

I wonder if getting the Alienware Arena promotional Discovery Starter Pack will be a workaround, but those packs are limited anyway.
    IDIC is the spice of life.
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    happened to me too, I think it might be a result of them changing (starter's?) expansion packs / rearrange of tabs maybe (no discount tab), a while ago.

No complains though, it's a nice gift. (thank you)

Note: ONE character, the claiming one, could allegedly GET (with no reclaim option presents) the following 4:
    1 [Discovery Phaser Sniper Rifle] (in inventory)
    1 [Discovery Phaser Stun Pistol] (in inventory)
    1 Tardigrade Companion, a non-combat ground pet (in inventory)
    Title: Discovered (checked later - it got it correctly.)
    The initial char successfully got the char unlock elite service pack (additionally the inv slots, 150K xp boost, I think 2 boffs slots & 36 bank slots)
    as well as the following successful (and claimable) account unlocks of it: poker emote, the ship and the borg mirucle worker boff.

NO OTHER CHAR got the following reclaims, listed as account unlocks, even after the fed initial char claimed and opened all relevant packs:
    1 [Discovery Phaser Sniper Rifle]
    1 [Discovery Phaser Stun Pistol]
    1 Tardigrade Companion, a non-combat ground pet
    Title: Discovered

The poker emote (promo), ship (ships t1 tab) and the borg mirucle worker boff (boffs) claimed successfully across the account. (checked feds)

No error codes here, though couldn't do the initial claim on KDF side (and chose a fed char who didn't have the elite service pack instead).

Update: no issue and all is fine, all still missing parts I could claim by kaithan1975's advice bellow. also edited for clarity.
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • Options
    velrennvelrenn Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Update: got the promotional Alienware Arena Disco starter pack, was able to redeem the items on ONE other character (the one who opened the pack in the "promotions" tab.

No other character can redeem either version of the pack.
    IDIC is the spice of life.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Edited the report from memory with what I could reclaim (and what not) and from where.
    Check there for boff (fed. boff tab IIRC), ship (fed. ships T1 tab IIRC) and emote (promo tab IIRC), just in case after claimed&opened on the 1st.

I think though poker is also claimable on KDF but unsure.

Other things I could not reclaim on other chars (2 weapons, title and tardigrade) beside the one claiming the code.
    Update: no issue, all still missing parts I could claim by kaithan1975's advice bellow.
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    The weapons appear under Starter Packs/All.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    The weapons appear under Starter Packs/All.

Thank you very much! like the 2 weapons, the title and tardigrade vanity non combat pet are there as well, so now the starter pack is complete. (no issue for me. I also checked and 1st char has those all already too)