test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Upgrading for Epic

lukethebutcherlukethebutcher Member Posts: 8 Arc User
I am looking to start upgrading all my gear to Epic...Something I feel will take a while.

Question is, what order should I do things? Start with Rep Gear? Start with Mk2 kit and build up? I have a couple of Omega upgrades and don't want to waste them, so looking for 'most bang for my buck' in terms of where I will feel the most difference.

Answers

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Instead of retyping everything, I am just going to quote myself from this thread.
    Since you're looking for the 'best' way.. here it is.

Start with a low mark item of VR quality. You can start with something worse then VR but that just leaves one more rarity grade you need to increase. Most start with Mark II Very Rare.

Take that item, put it in your bank, and wait until an upgrade weekend.

During an upgrade weekend, upgrade the item using a Omega Particle Upgrade from the Anniversary Event. If you don't have one, then head to the exchange and purchase 3 Omega Fragments. Combine them in your R&D Tab into a Omega Upgrade kit. This project will take 20 hrs.

Slot the Omega Upgrade and a research point accelerator (2x Chance.) You can get these in R&D Packs or on the exchange, usually for about 1.8-2M EC.

This should give you a 40% chance of quality upgrade. If done on an upgrade weekend, you should get a 40% chance every mark from mark II up until approximately Mark X - Mark XI. Use Phoenix Kits to get the item the rest of the way to Mark XV. If you were unlucky and only got up to UR instead of Epic, you can use Phoenix Kits to get you the rest of the way.

This is not only the most cost effective way, but also the highest chance of success.

I hope that helps. You can find some more information in that thread that I linked. If anything is unclear, please feel free to ask. It's strongly encouraged that you wait for an upgrade weekend, you'll cut your costs in half. :wink:
    Insert witty signature line here.