test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Bug?] Replica Thompson Machine Gun Upgrading and Reclaiming Glitches?

entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
I have the Replica Thompson Machine Gun from the First Contact Day event. Best of my understanding is that it's possible to get multiples of these for BOFFs as long as your character or inventory don't have a copy of it or the reward box. Also, slotting the Machine Gun in the Upgrade UI should take it off "Mark Infinity" and give it a proper Mark and be upgrdeable (and maybe Re-Engineerable).

Bug (?) 1: I think I've seen this mentioned elsewhere, when put into the Upgrade UI, the Machine Gun starts at Mk X instead of Mk XII for Level 65 characters (not sure about lower ranks).

Bug (?) 2: After equipping one Thompson Machine Gun to a BOFF, I can reclaim one more Machine Gun...and that's it. Even after giving it to a BOFF, the only way to claim more is to delete the 2nd Machine Gun.

Bug (?) 3: The 2nd Machine Gun won't go from "Mark Infinity" to Mk X in the Upgrade UI.

I feel the last two bugs are attributable to something about having 2 Machine Guns in your inventory. Mirror Universe Pistols, for example, work fine. They slot into the Upgrade UI just fine and you can claim multiples as long as it's not equipped to your character or in inventory. For some reason, the Thompson Machine Gun doesn't work properly in those respects when you get a 2nd copy.

I've tried this twice: Linguin@entnx00, and Jules@entnx00.

Reproduction Steps:
1) Claim the Thompson Machine Gun from the Dilithium Store.
2) Equip it to a Bridge Officer. The Dil Store says you've already purchased the item, although it's no longer in your Inventory.
3) Upgrade the Machine Gun. It switches from "Mark Infinity" to "Mk X."
4) The Dil Store opens up the reclaim option for another Machine Gun. Claim it.
5) Equip it to a Bridge Officer. The Dil Store says you've already purchased the item.
6) Try to upgrade the 2nd Machine Gun. The weapon stays at "Mark Infinity" instead of switching to Mk X.

Due to this, the maximum number of Machine Guns claimable (without forcing an upgrade with tokens, I haven't tried that yet) is 2.

Comments

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The maximum number claimable is supposed to be 1, so the bug is that you can claim a second one at all.
  • Options
    renata666renata666 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Shhh. Don't tell. They might fix it. :wink: