test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bug Hunt plasma or poison?

nixbooxnixboox Member Posts: 1,041 Arc User
I've been playing Bug Hunt rather frequently since I've grown bored with the other Iconian missions. I always do fairly well when I play Bug Hunt (on basic, mind you) but I am not entirely sure why. I think it has something to do with the resists in my ground armor but I don't know if the blue thing that keeps hitting us is a plasma or a toxin? There aren't listings for the different Bluegill attacks so I don't know which effect I'm experiencing and I don't know if, because I'm a Joined Trill, I have some innate immunity to whatever is happening. Anyone have experience with this TFO and its mechanics?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Toxic
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    Come to think of it, the kentari set looks like it will be quite useful in that STF but i haven't tested it in that location yet.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Excessive_Development#Kentari_Fortified_Combat_Armor
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    Its Toxic and ironically despite it being a Delta TFO its actually significantly better to run the Undine Rep armor if you have problems with Survival. The undine rep armor has much better Toxic res.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Trill also have an innate higher resistance to toxic than humans I believe.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    nixboox wrote: »
    When I found out about Joined Trills being immune to Bluegills I wondered if that had something to do with it but I haven't found any information to support that.

Its not that they're immune, Trill have innate toxic and radiation resistance of +33.
    My main's an unjoined Trill and has this.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Little known fact: Racial traits also have an impact. ;)
This discussion has been closed.