test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to REPLAY older played mission BUG

bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
edited February 2019 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
This has been discussed sporadically in other places but wanted to make sure it's not missed from whoever is a bug hunter.
If you had played missions arcs in the past and ever since STO introduced the new revamped log, missions cannot be replayed and some say to look for a "mission simulator" that does not exist?

Yes, I looked in the ship's bridge and in "universe" spaces and cannot find the mission giver again. Yes, I can go back 2 or 3 arcs before that mission and hit "skip" tens of times but even with that some you can't skip even if you done it in the past.

Some say it's being looked by devs but so far a few patches were made and still no fix. I have submitted tickets to GM as well.

Thanks!​​
Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
Original STO beta tester.

Comments

• Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Mission Simulator has been the contact name in the journal for a mission that you can replay for a long time.

Video evidence from 2017 here. 4:08 in that video if it doesn't automatically go there.

It changes to the original contact name when you accept the mission.

I know that your main problem is that you can't accept the missions, but them being listed as Mission Simulator for the contact is not a bug, or any part of the cause. The most likely cause is a TFO introduction mission earlier in the journal, probably in an entirely different category. My testing of this bug was that the primary cause was the New Romulus TFO introduction mission in the New Romulus category, but it would be a good idea to check through them all and either run them or skip them.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    anodynes wrote: »
    Mission Simulator has been the contact name in the journal for a mission that you can replay for a long time.

Video evidence from 2017 here. 4:08 in that video if it doesn't automatically go there.

I know that your main problem is that you can't accept the missions, but them being listed as Mission Simulator for the contact is not a bug, or any part of the cause. The most likely cause is a TFO introduction mission earlier in the journal, probably in an entirely different category. My testing of this bug was that the primary cause was the New Romulus TFO introduction mission in the New Romulus category, but it would be a good idea to check through them all and either run them or skip them.

I see that the "mission simulator" is a contact for something else as you explained it. That in itself is another issue but not sure why it flips once you hit replay. Will leave that alone for now and I have updated the title of my inquiry to remove the mission simulator grayed out contact.

I hope there is soon a solution to enable "REPLAY" button again since skipping does not work at times.​​
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Could it be you are speaking of a Discovery Character? If so, when they added the 'Mirror of Discovery' Arc it got placed up front right after the 'Age of Discovery' Arc. You have to play those two Missions otherwise everything past that is unavailable pretty much.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    ltminns wrote: »
    Could it be you are speaking of a Discovery Character? If so, when they added the 'Mirror of Discovery' Arc it got placed up front right after the 'Age of Discovery' Arc. You have to play those two Missions otherwise everything past that is unavailable pretty much.

No, it's all missions are greyed out for me as if I never done them in all my account wide characters. I did ALL the arcs at least once in the past. I was able to skip in the past and missions were VERY easy to replay. After the log /mission revamp now some are skippable, others working as intended and most just saying "mission simulator" and greyed out.​​
  • Options
    maddscottmaddscott Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    If you are referring to the Cardassian, Breen, and a couple of others, those can be accessed in the Mission Journal. Look for "COLD WAR" for the Breen arc; "LOST DOMINION" for the Cardi Arc. IIRC, there is a contact for the SPECTERS and BORG as well..

If this is not your issue, then forget I was even here.. :O)
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »

I see that the "mission simulator" is a contact for something else as you explained it. That in itself is another issue but not sure why it flips once you hit replay. Will leave that alone for now and I have updated the title of my inquiry to remove the mission simulator grayed out contact.

I hope there is soon a solution to enable "REPLAY" button again since skipping does not work at times.​​

The Mission Simulator as contact for a replayable mission in the journal until you accept the mission has been there since Legacay of Romulus, if memory serves, before that, it would list the contact as whatever category in which the mission was found in the Journal before you accepted the replay. So missions would say Contact: Klingon Front Missions or Contact: Romulan Front Missions for most story missions. The missions that had been part of the Featured Episode series had different names for replays in their general journal categories to set them apart. In other words, it's always done something like this for replays. I have no idea why there is a distinction for them, but there is one, they just changed the name that it used when they changed the UI for Legacy of Romulus.

As for the solution, did you go back to earlier Journal categories to see if there are any that have Skip and Hail buttons. Those TFO introduction missions are new, added with Age of Discovery, and I know that they will block out access to missions that you've already done in later categories if you don't either take them or skip them.

Honestly, those TFO introduction missions in the old journal categories are more trouble than help, especially for older characters, and I wish that they had not bothered putting them in there.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.