test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Star Date?

spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 585 Arc User
at current end story, what would the star date be?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    I would think it would have been better if they kept it updated by year, so as of age of discovery it would be 1418/19 They could in fact update the game to be more like that. If they wanted too.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Prime Universe Stardate system never made sense to me.

The Kelvin Timeline one seems to follow something similar to Wing Commander's dating system of year.day.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Honestly I never understood it either, but I did know the general year, but was interested in the SD instead.
    best guess?
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Well, the Fek'lhri date that Somtaawkhar provided above comes out as Stardate 88139.89
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    ah sorry missed it.
    ok so now the hard part, how does the star date work, whay do the numbers represent and how is it calculated?
  • Options
    Roughly, TNG style stardates take the form YYXXX.XX where the first two digits refer to the year with 2323 being year zero and the remaining digits being the decimal portion of the year. The last digit before the decimal point is one stardate and is approximately eight and three quarters hours in length.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    skk7y.jpg

Yeeeaaa... I like Wing Commander's system better. For example 2629.105 was March 16, 2629.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    how are stardates calculated?
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Mathematically :mrgreen:

Stardates in TNG are calculated using the year 2323, the same year Picard entered Starfleet Academy, as the "zero point"

Yes, I believe I said that. :smirk:
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    If you try the online calculator it is only good for STO. If you try putting in the first Stardate for 'Where No Man Has Gone Before', you get a silly date in 1923.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.