test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unknown device

vongravenvongraven Member Posts: 116 Arc User
Hello there. I've got a question. Can anyone please tell me which device creates this glowing signs? Screenshot: https://ibb.co/C90qmzk

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    vongraven wrote: »
    Hello there. I've got a question. Can anyone please tell me which device creates this glowing signs? Screenshot: https://ibb.co/C90qmzk

Thank you in advance.

When you hit Tier 6 in a Faction Reputation, you get a 'button' you can put on your ground UI that throws a glowing icon representation out on the ground for every T6 rep your character has attained and everyone near you in that instance can see.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    vongravenvongraven Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Found it. Thank you very much.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User

When you hit Tier 6 in a Faction Reputation, you get a 'button' you can put on your ground UI that throws a glowing icon representation out on the ground for every T6 rep your character has attained and everyone near you in that instance can see.

Aha, that's what that is. Been hearing that go off while running my dailies and every so often I see an icon or two, but never bothered to find out what it was. I figured it was some tribble buff or something.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    vongraven wrote: »

Thank you in advance.

And here i thought the Tier 6 reputation perk was something actually useful. One more reason for me not to bother farming those reps past Tier 5.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    ashstorm1 wrote: »
    And here i thought the Tier 6 reputation perk was something actually useful. One more reason for me not to bother farming those reps past Tier 5.

T6 Rep has many useful perks.

This of course, is not one of them. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    ashstorm1 wrote: »

T6 Rep has many useful perks.

This of course, is not one of them. :lol:
    rofl

I think the the official term is "flourish". Yes... Wiki Link
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    It is great to have if you are in the dark on DS9.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Just saw that for the first time yesterday. One of my Characters has all Reputations to Tier 6. None of the others have ventured into doing so. All I can add is that when the Developers decided to add this 'Perk' to the game:

https://youtu.be/Ubw5N8iVDHI
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns